• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Worthington
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by LocalNative View Post
    To any recruits who might read these forums, don't pay attention to this guy. I'm pretty sure he's a saboteur and is a st Mary's fan.
    I love how this post receives no attention, but Spy giving his two cents about a potential recruit is waaaay over the line.

I'm not super excited about the possibility of Derryck Thornton being our starting point guard next season, but if he signs then he has my 100% support, and I'm sure he has Spy's as well.

Comment

• HenneZag
      Zag for Life
      • Aug 2012

C'mon guys all those Mother's out there would not approve of all this bickering...
      America's Team!

Comment

• bigblahla
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Worthington View Post
        I love how this post receives no attention, but Spy giving his two cents about a potential recruit is waaaay over the line.

Is the precedent that we would like set that every recruit that we're linked to automatically needs to be accepted as a member of the team before they have even signed and that no critique is allowed? Please point me to what Spy said that was so inflammatory.

I'm not super excited about the possibility of Derryck Thornton being our starting point guard next season, but if he signs then he has my 100% support, and I'm sure he has Spy's as well. Isn't part of the fun of being a fan that we all can have differing opinions??
        With this I agree.... almost said something.... I've tempered my angst to reply to such posts....

Let me be clear about my opinion of Brock Ravet.... when I first saw him I thought he was talented but lazy, he didn't play hard, only as hard as he had too.... what I was actually watching was someone who for the most part had control over the game flow... IMO his passing and ability to facilitate are beyond his years.... he will have his growing pains but who doesn't... the kid is going to make us all smile.... and he can put the brown thing in the round thing....

Go!! Zags!!!
        "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• LocalNative
          Bulldog Fan
          • Mar 2018

I'm not super excited about the possibility of Derryck Thornton being our starting point guard next season, but if he signs then he has my 100% support, and I'm sure he has Spy's as well.
          What I said is appropriate, his negativity and questioning of the coaching staffs decisions is very old. Don't ever question what coach Few does. If the coach wants a player I'm on board 100 percent. In coach Few I trust.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Chicken Ball View Post
            Check out Dan Dickau’s sophomore season stats at UW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Some caveats w/ that example. He was coming off a stress fracture in his foot over the summer that he re-fractured 13 games in. Also, the idiotic Bob Bender staff had him bulk up btw his fr-so yrs so that he looked like the incredible hulk, and lost his shooting touch and coordination handling the ball. I saw just about every game DD played at UW in person. He was great as a fr once he got some run late in the season, but the Bender offense stymied him a lot in his UW career.

The point that numbers can be misleading is valid, though, and extrapolating too much from them by fans can lead to faulty conclusions. I haven't paid enough attn to Thornton to make any judgments about him.

Comment

• willandi
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bigblahla View Post
              With this I agree.... almost said something.... I've tempered my angst to reply to such posts....

Let me be clear about my opinion of Brock Ravet.... when I first saw him I thought he was talented but lazy, he didn't play hard, only as hard as he had too.... what I was actually watching was someone who for the most part had control over the game flow... IMO his passing and ability to facilitate are beyond his years.... he will have his growing pains but who doesn't... the kid is going to make us all smile.... and he can put the brown thing in the round thing....

Go!! Zags!!!
              Love this and I agree
              Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• sittingon50
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Tacos!

(& that's the last I'm gonna' say about it)

[until it isn't]
                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• scrooner
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Spy giving his two cents....
                  I'm not opposed to anyone giving their opinion. But I also don't need to hear anyone's opinion as many times as we've heard Spy's on this thread. The over-posting is kind of ruining this board.

Comment

• GLJake
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
                    I'm not opposed to anyone giving their opinion. But I also don't need to hear anyone's opinion as many times as we've heard Spy's on this thread. The over-posting is kind of ruining this board.
                    BINGO!

Comment

• caldwellzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by LocalNative View Post
                      To any recruits who might read these forums, don't pay attention to this guy. I'm pretty sure he's a saboteur and is a st Mary's fan.
                      This is a post that does not need to take place. It is a personal attack. Please refrain from these types of post

Comment

• caldwellzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2018

Thank you for this post, the other post was way out of line and not appropriate.

Comment

• basketballzag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
                          Did some research. I’m on board with a great on ball defender and ball handler that takes care of the ball and knows how to get the ball to his teammates in a position to succeed.

I’m sure the majority of fans would also be on board, especially if the staff believes he would be a good fit for us to add backcourt depth and another veteran presence.

I counted 3 total people against the idea. Let’s not confuse a majority of the posts in this thread being negative with the majority of people being so negative about Derryck helping to bridge the gap until 2020.
                          Spot on analysis. If he can help us win a National Championship then I'm all aboard. I sense some anti-Duke sentiment on this thread which is ridiculous. The kid is talented but he would be a much better Olynk Clinic candidate IMO.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by bigblahla View Post
                            If that is the case....What about Nix?

Go!! Zags!!!
                            Complicated still.

Comment

• willandi
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                              Complicated still.
                              I am not in the loop, but my impression is that Nix may be the Zags first option, if things can be worked out, and Thornton is plan B.

I also would assume that if Thornton had been offered, he would have accepted.

There is also that 95% that we, the general fan, know nothing about...the proverbial 'Rabbit in the hat".
                              Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• LocalNative
                                Bulldog Fan
                                • Mar 2018

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                                This is a post that does not need to take place. It is a personal attack. Please refrain from these types of post
                                It did "need to take place", anything to shut the guy up with his foolish opinions. Im only loyal to the zags, not a saboteurs feelings. Also it was posted for our future zags to see not everyone is onboard with questioning the coaching staff or the guy's they bring in.

Comment

Working...
                                X