• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strikenowhere
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2009

'19 & '20 Recruit Projections Question

Hey guys,

Do we have a semblence of an idea as to how the 2019-2020 recruits project out, specifically to how long they would be sticking around? Like if Suggs winds up signing, would he be a 1-and-done candidate? Are Strawther & Harris multi-year guys? Basically I'm trying to get a projection as to when the team would peak in talent level. Could we reasonably assume that the guards would stick around for 2 years and at least a couple of the bigs for 3? 2021 would look awfully good for a championship-caliber team if that was the case, but I'm wondering if the crop of guards coming in for 2020 would be good enough as freshmen to lead to championship discussion or if they would need a year of seasoning first.
  • former1dog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Hey guys,

Do we have a semblence of an idea as to how the 2019-2020 recruits project out, specifically to how long they would be sticking around? Like if Suggs winds up signing, would he be a 1-and-done candidate? Are Strawther & Harris multi-year guys? Basically I'm trying to get a projection as to when the team would peak in talent level. Could we reasonably assume that the guards would stick around for 2 years and at least a couple of the bigs for 3? 2021 would look awfully good for a championship-caliber team if that was the case, but I'm wondering if the crop of guards coming in for 2020 would be good enough as freshmen to lead to championship discussion or if they would need a year of seasoning first.
    I'll guess:

Timme - 2 years at Gonzaga
    Ballo - 2 years (guaranteed!) at Gonzaga
    Watson - 2 years at Gonzaga
    Ravet - 4 years at Gonzaga
    Arlauskas - 4 years at Gonzaga
    Zakharov - 4 years at Gonzaga
    Harris - 3 years at Gonzaga
    Strawther - 3 years at Gonzaga
    Suggs - 1 year (maybe 2) at Gonzaga if he signs
    Nix - 2 years at Gonzaga if he signs

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

It looks to me like since there is only 60 draft spots in the nba draft that this 250 players entering the draft will eventually slow down. I don't see why some dude averaging 8 points a game thinks he would be drafted. Surely this will slow down and common sence will kick in and a lot of these players with no shot at being drafted will stay in school.I'm sure a lot of this comes from aau hangers on who are looking to make a quick buck off these kids, and when one doesn't pan out, they will just latch on to another kid. These hangers on is what I hate about aau basketball, it is just about business, not about the players.

Comment

• bdmiller7
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
        It looks to me like since there is only 60 draft spots in the nba draft that this 250 players entering the draft will eventually slow down. I don't see why some dude averaging 8 points a game thinks he would be drafted. Surely this will slow down and common sence will kick in and a lot of these players with no shot at being drafted will stay in school.I'm sure a lot of this comes from aau hangers on who are looking to make a quick buck off these kids, and when one doesn't pan out, they will just latch on to another kid. These hangers on is what I hate about aau basketball, it is just about business, not about the players.
        Most of them will withdraw before the draft and return to school. There is now harm in declaring. You get to work out for NBA teams, get evaluated, and find out what pro scouts think you need to work on. I'm sure a lot of college coaches encourage it. For a lot of players I bet it's a reality check where they actually rate in the NBA's eyes.

Comment

• caldwellzag
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
          I'll guess:

Timme - 2 years at Gonzaga
          Ballo - 2 years (guaranteed!) at Gonzaga
          Watson - 2 years at Gonzaga
          Ravet - 4 years at Gonzaga
          Arlauskas - 4 years at Gonzaga
          Zakharov - 4 years at Gonzaga
          Harris - 3 years at Gonzaga
          Strawther - 3 years at Gonzaga
          Suggs - 1 year (maybe 2) at Gonzaga if he signs
          Nix - 2 years at Gonzaga if he signs
          Agree for the most part but Pavel and Martynas will shock you with their skill 2-3 year guys.

Comment

Working...
          X