Thread: Thank you Zach Norvell good luck next season in the NBA!

Default Thank you Zach Norvell good luck next season in the NBA!

In case you haven't heard Zach Norvell's performance today with the Atlanta Hawks was spectacular and extremely impressive. After the workout he did announce that he will not be back at Gonzaga next year and that he is staying in the NBA draft. He is likely a 2nd round pick going anywhere from 32 to 43 with the Atlanta Hawks being his most likely landing spot.

IMO Snacks is the first Zag since Ammo to be totally fearless in his approach to the game.... the Bonus and NWG are cut from a different ilk....as someone else posted in another thread his "D" improved dramatically... anyone who doubts he is going to make a pile of money doing what he loves should stay away from their keyboard as all they will be showing is their ignorance to what a baller who is also a gamer looks like... loved Snacks from the moment I saw his first video.... best of luck young man and Thanks for the memories...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    In case you haven't heard Zach Norvell's performance today with the Atlanta Hawks was spectacular and extremely impressive. After the workout he did announce that he will not be back at Gonzaga next year and that he is staying in the NBA draft. He is likely a 2nd round pick going anywhere from 32 to 43 with the Atlanta Hawks being his most likely landing spot.
    I appreciate the information. I was concerned after Zach’s performance in the tournament.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Still not convinced. He’s going have do spectacular multiple times and show consistency. Mark of a pro is consistency. He’s not showed that yet. Defense still is iffy. Ball handling? We’ll see but I wish him the best! No doubt we all want him to do well but his replacements are quite good. Admon specifically.

Kispert's coming back isn't he?
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

I really enjoyed Zach Norvell's play as a Zag. He could be a very good pro imo, and it's really great to see another guard make it to the NBA. This will only help our recruiting. He has some really, really great moments as a Zag, and his game against Florida St in the NCAA Tournament this year was very special. I really enjoyed that game a lot. They are a tough team to beat. Good luck Zach. Hope to see you playing for someone.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Kispert's coming back isn't he?
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    IMO Snacks is the first Zag since Ammo to be totally fearless in his approach to the game.... the Bonus and NWG are cut from a different ilk....as someone else posted in another thread his "D" improved dramatically... anyone who doubts he is going to make a pile of money doing what he loves should stay away from their keyboard as all they will be showing is their ignorance to what a baller who is also a gamer looks like... loved Snacks from the moment I saw his first video.... best of luck young man and Thanks for the memories...

Go!! Zags!!!
    this!

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Still not convinced. He’s going have do spectacular multiple times and show consistency. Mark of a pro is consistency. He’s not showed that yet. Defense still is iffy. Ball handling? We’ll see but I wish him the best! No doubt we all want him to do well but his replacements are quite good. Admon specifically.
    OP was a thank you to Zach for his time. If you did not wish to express those thoughts why post in this thread. It seems you and others take it as him personally letting you down by pursing his goal playing in the NBA. Would be interested to see you breakdown of last years. Just curios with your extensive experience predicting NBA careers you what yo saw for Paul George coming out of Fresno. His numbers and Zach's number are below.
    G 63 PTS 15.5 TRB 6.7 AST 2.4 FG% 44.7 FG3% 39.6 FT% 80.3 eFG% 53.2
    G74 PTS 13.8 TRB 4.1 AST 2.7 FG% 44.4 FG3% 37.0 FT% 83.6 eFG% 55.7

Not saying Zach is Paul George but claiming he does not have chance based on "consistency" does not hold a lot merit. Or are you basing your prediction on your vaunted eye test that can't be quantified by silly statistics? Simple fact is Zach has been told coming back to College will not improve his NBA stock so if his goal is to play in the league than now is the time to start. It is the nature of the game and we should thank him for working hard, playing hard, going to school, and representing the GU with class.

Beating Florida State was the most important win of the season for me …..throughout his career at Gonzaga he hit so many big shots....daggers....

The Ohio Sate game was one of many outstanding games....go get them Zack …..

Having a Zag guard excel in the NBA would be big for us as far as demonstrating that we can develop more than just bigs.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Chicago with pick 4 and pick 38

Darnell Mayberry

Verified account

@DarnellMayberry
    May 11
    More
    The Bulls began pre-draft workouts today. First six in:

Alpha Diallo (Providence),
    Fletcher Magee (Wofford),
    Isaiah Roby (Nebraska),
    Justin Turner (Bowling Green),
    Quinndary Weatherspoon (Mississippi State),
    Zach Norvell (Gonzaga/Simeon)

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Beating Florida State was the most important win of the season for me …..throughout his career at Gonzaga he hit so many big shots....daggers....

The Ohio Sate game was one of many outstanding games....go get them Zack …..
    He was the main man for the Zags in Omaha. The young man is fearless.

Yes thanks and good luck. I believe they are moving back the Arc a foot or so. It will be fun to watch that sweet lefty follow through
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

In the 1st ZN to NBA thread, I said that I think ZN has the tools and attitude to make it in the NBA. I still do. Good luck Zach, we're rooting for you!