Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBA Draft Combine invites for next week

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    Isn’t he like top 5 for best recorded vert?
    Top 5 as of 2013, https://mobile.twitter.com/samcmlair...35028261650432
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    Wowzers! Matt had a 43 inch vert?!
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I wonder if Clarke has considered the NFL....he would be a heck of a tight end prospect....RC Owens type of athlete ...
    At 207 lbs? No way he could play TE. Maybe as a WR, but I doubt he is fast enough to get separation to play receiver at the NFL level.
    He would have to gain 40+ pounds to play TE in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    At 207 lbs? No way he could play TE. Maybe as a WR, but I doubt he is fast enough to get separation to play receiver at the NFL level.
    I am glad he chose BB and not FB...much better for him physically and the likely hood TBI won't be a factor as he ages...also IMO, he will be better off financially playing in the NBA...hope he plays 10+ years.

I wonder if Clarke has considered the NFL....he would be a heck of a tight end prospect....RC Owens type of athlete ...
    The average weight of a NFL TE is 254 lbs. The average height is 6'4".

The average weight of a NFL RB is 214 lbs.

The average weight of a NFL WR is 201 lbs.

Clarke weighs 207 lbs, so just between a WR & RB, yet way taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    The average weight of a NFL TE is 254 lbs. The average height is 6'4".

The average weight of a NFL RB is 214 lbs.

The average weight of a NFL WR is 201 lbs.

Clarke weighs 207 lbs, so just between a WR & RB, yet way taller.
    He will put some weight on when he hits the NBA. The full time staff will have him eating and lifting to get his body into NBA condition. I think he will be a beast.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    He will put some weight on when he hits the NBA. The full time staff will have him eating and lifting to get his body into NBA condition. I think he will be a beast.
    Exactly

With elite training, PT, nutritionists, and doctors, he could get to whatever "perfect" weight he needed for what he wanted to do. And as much as I love the NFL and football, why anyone with a real future in basketball would trade it for a 5-8 year (at most) career in football for maybe 66% of the money, possible head injuries, versus a 6-10 year career in the NBA (relatively conservative) for more money and less chance of devastating injury, well that's not a decision I would make.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I put on 40 pounds....didn't slow me down a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Exactly

With elite training, PT, nutritionists, and doctors, he could get to whatever "perfect" weight he needed for what he wanted to do. And as much as I love the NFL and football, why anyone with a real future in basketball would trade it for a 5-8 year (at most) career in football for maybe 66% of the money, possible head injuries, versus a 6-10 year career in the NBA (relatively conservative) for more money and less chance of devastating injury, well that's not a decision I would make.
    You obviously have no idea who RC Owens was and what a long and successful NFL career he had after college basketball or that after retirement he invented a very popular soft drink...

You obviously have no idea who RC Owens was and what a long and successful NFL career he had after college basketball or that after retirement he invented a very popular soft drink...
    But he was before they wore helmets.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

You obviously have no idea who RC Owens was and what a long and successful NFL career he had after college basketball ...
    His college roommate was better.

he caught the original "alley-oop", too-- which is a fun connection with clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    he caught the original "alley-oop", too-- which is a fun connection with clarke.
    That is what I was getting at.....I was not suggest he should play professional football.....the similarities were remarkable....who knows ?... Brodie played professional golf and Mike gave professional baseball it shot...Bo did it....

It's pretty easy to gain weight in the pros. Sure, there are nutritionists and trainers. But the sheer amount of food prepared and laid out for players before and after games, practices, trips, etc. also helps.

You are correct, I have no idea.

But it sounds like it was long enough ago that having two jobs was relatively important. Today, not as much. At least not if one of those jobs is as a valued NBA contributor.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    You are correct, I have no idea.

But it sounds like it was long enough ago that having two jobs was relatively important. Today, not as much. At least not if one of those jobs is as a valued NBA contributor.
    You know I was just teasing you.....in short....RC was Elgin Baylor's teammate and roommate at College of Idaho and with the Buchan Bakers …...can you even imagine being two giant black boys in Idaho in the late 50's ???

Anyway he was a great leaper and went on to have a NFL career that was based upon SF quarterback Y.A. Title throwing a very high pass into the end zone and RC out jumping everyone to catch it....the famous " Alley Oop "...….he didn't invent a cola and I am not a serious person.....but you knew that....bart