Default NBA Draft Combine invites for next week

Clarke, Norvel, Tillie -- but no Rui?

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...89372926246912

Sam Vecenie

Verified account

@Sam_Vecenie
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    FWIW, Gonzaga forward Rui Hachimura not being on this list is not a mistake. A source tells me he’s not going to the combine. Will follow up with more when I get it.

Sam later said that he was invited, but is choosing not to go.

Hmmmmmm....hope springs eternal....

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Sam Vecenie

Verified account

@Sam_Vecenie
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    FWIW, Gonzaga forward Rui Hachimura not being on this list is not a mistake. A source tells me he’s not going to the combine. Will follow up with more when I get it.

It's interesting that several posters (apropos of...?) were stating that there were 80 invites or 80 attendees. The "attendees" list as released by the NBA is 66, including, surprisingly, international guys Samanic and Bowen.

I'm seeing sloppy journalism left and right in referring to the list both as "invites" and "attendees".

It's also surprising that Zion, Ja, and RJ are apparently going.

Assuming Rui got an invite and declined, and without knowing if anyone else declined, it's not clear if they originally invited more than 66, or if they invited 66 including Rui and other decliners, and then extended additional invites when some declined.

I hope Rui isn't injured or having some family or personal issue. The good news is maybe it just means that a top-10 team told him they want him.

He chose to do only private workouts for selected teams. Sabonis did the same way.

Rui met with the Lakers last week. A coworker of mine was on his flight down to LA. Possibly the one of the last coach class flights he ever takes.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Rui met with the Lakers last week. A coworker of mine was on his flight down to LA. Possibly the one of the last coach class flights he ever takes.
    Lakers get the 11th pick. Since Rui is likely somewhere in the 7-15th range, it seems certainly a possible suitor.

As much as coach flights must be rough for some of Rui's build, I can't imagine what it's like for the Karnowskis of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Lakers get the 11th pick. Since Rui is likely somewhere in the 7-15th range, it seems certainly a possible suitor.

As much as coach flights must be rough for some of Rui's build, I can't imagine what it's like for the Karnowskis of the world.
    That team is a complete dumpster fire right now I wouldn’t wish the Lakers on any zag. Poor JWIII.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    That team is a complete dumpster fire right now I wouldn’t wish the Lakers on any zag. Poor JWIII.
    certainly a mess right now, but maybe lebron would be a good mentor for rui, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    certainly a mess right now, but maybe lebron would be a good mentor for rui, who knows?
    Oh man… Did you not see how he alienated all of the young players on the team this year and threw them under the bus? It got so bad that in one game this season in Boston when Brandon Ingram was at the free-throw line, the whole arena started chanting “LeBron doesn’t want you”, I felt so bad for the kid.Plus the mess with Magic Johnson, Jeanie buss, and then the hire and not hire of Tyrone Lue. And then last night the rumors came out that now they are thinking about trading LeBron James. That franchise is a complete mess right now.

I wonder who he worked out for, they have no coach or GM right now I think.

Interesting post from the draft thread on real GM. There is one poster that has this abnormal hatred for Gonzaga and this is what another poster responded:

The next years are going to be rough on you. Gonzaga is turning into an nba factory

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...31172&start=40

Quote Originally Posted by ZagzKrak View Post
    I wonder who he worked out for, they have no coach or GM right now I think.
    i'd guess it would have to be rob pelinka...only one still left.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    i'd guess it would have to be rob pelinka...only one still left.
    Maybe Linda Rambos.

She (and Kurt) seem to have Jeannie's ear.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Matisse Thybulle is sitting out the combine as well. Common among guys w/ first round expectations to not want to risk their position.

Jonathan Givony

Verified account

@DraftExpress
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    Followup to our Brandon Clarke measurements discussion. No surprise who is leading the pack early in the vertical leap testing. Both running and standing. The Gonzaga product is an elite athlete and is blessed with incredible timing as a shot blocker.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...06224824410112

Amazing that BC is that light. Almost think it's wrong data. He plays at least 25 pounds bigger. ZN is listed as just 2 or 3 lbs lighter.
    GO ZAGS!!!

NBA Draft

Verified account

@NBADraft
    58m58 minutes ago
    More
    .@brandonclarke23 of @ZagMBB checks in at the Shuttle Run at the #NBACombine Powered by Under Armour!

https://twitter.com/NBADraft/status/1129108572615454725

Brandon Clarke, 2019
    10.61 Lane
    34.0 standing vert
    40.0 max vert

John Wall, 2010
    10.84 Lane
    30.0 standing vert
    39.0 max vert

He posted vert, speed, agility scores higher than many of the most athletic guards in the NBA - let alone forwards and centers.

Let that sink in.

Is this what we saw with Matt Santangelo years ago? I remember that Matt’s data was surprising.

I wonder if Clarke has considered the NFL....he would be a heck of a tight end prospect....RC Owens type of athlete ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo13 View Post
    Brandon Clarke, 2019
    10.61 Lane
    34.0 standing vert
    40.0 max vert

John Wall, 2010
    10.84 Lane
    30.0 standing vert
    39.0 max vert

He posted vert, speed, agility scores higher than many of the most athletic guards in the NBA - let alone forwards and centers.

Let that sink in.
    Wow. That’s impressive stats for Clarke.

I find myself oddly hoping maneuvers go down that result in either Clarke or Rui winding up in New Orleans running with Zion. Imagine either Zag paired w Zion... running hard on the fast break and dunking harder. A Clarke and Zion combo would be incredible!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Is this what we saw with Matt Santangelo years ago? I remember that Matt’s data was surprising.
    Isn’t he like top 5 for best recorded vert?
    Go Zags!!!