Thread: Suggs Article on front page of The Athletic

Default Suggs Article on front page of The Athletic

Interestingly enough, it is categorized under College Football.

https://theathletic.com/961317/2019/...r-qb-prospect/

He has been playing QB since he was 4, but many believe he is in on basketball.

The rumbles around Hy-Vee Arena in Kansas City from college basketball coaches was that Jalen Suggs would choose basketball.

Jalen’s actions give some support to this. He took one official visit for basketball during his junior year, to Gonzaga. The school does not have a football program, and that might be what it takes to keep him off the football field, as his dad tells him: “If you get an itch, and he will have an itch, he’s gonna want to throw the football. I don’t care where he is. That’s just how he is.”
    His dad wants him to emphasize fit over the stature of the program;
    Obviously, he’ll have his pick of schools, but he says Gonzaga is at the top right now and the family is paying attention to the path of another do-everything point guard. “Gotta kind of go the Ja Morant route,” Larry says. “He goes to Murray State. Goes to the best fit. I always tell the kids, ‘Go to the best fit.’ ”
    But it says his dad does want him to keep his options open for playing both.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Hy-Vee Arena in Kansas City.....look it up. It's the former Kemper Arena that has been transformed into a youth basketball arena with multiple courts. Looks awesome.

Well if Meech can do it...

Suggs can scratch itch playing catch with Kispert.

Just hope he doesn't get hurt playing his senior year of football. knock on wood

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Suggs can scratch itch playing catch with Kispert.

Just hope he doesn't get hurt playing his senior year of football. knock on wood
    are zag bb players allowed to play intramurals?...i assume he could play flag football, though it probably wouldn't be very fair to other teams, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    are zag bb players allowed to play intramurals?...i assume he could play flag football, though it probably wouldn't be very fair to other teams, hahaha.
    When I was in school (approximately 3 million years ago), the basketball team had an intramural softball team. Never saw them playing flag football tho.

I know bb played intramural softball...but I'm guessing football would be verboten by staff.

Well I certainly remember playing Pargo in intramural flag football his senior year. Although I cannot remember whether that was in the fall or spring after the basketball season had ended. I was tasked with guarding him, so I do remember him jumping WAAAY higher than I ever could to catch a hail mary pass in the end zone... No way I could have gotten up for that ball.

Pargo played QB, at times, on an intramural football team while I was in school. His elusiveness allowed his receivers to regularly get open. Suggs would DESTROY the intramural scene at Gonzaga.
    Last edited by Ebay; 05-07-2019 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Pargo played more than just QB per another post
    In an ideal world, I would have all 10 fingers on my left hand so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

For some reason I don't think Larry Suggs is talking about Jalen Suggs playing intramural football at GU.

lol yeah I would guess not

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    For some reason I don't think Larry Suggs is talking about Jalen Suggs playing intramural football at GU.

My two biggest takeaways from that article:

1) Mentioning fit and family in regards to specifically Gonzaga
    2) The "Ja Morant Route"... clearly they are fine going to a school with a lesser tradition than Kentucky or DUke and do not feel the need to go to a blue blood.

I think this article reaffirms what the knowers have been saying

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    When I was in school (approximately 3 million years ago), the basketball team had an intramural softball team. Never saw them playing flag football tho.
    BB players didn't have a team, but they did play intramural softball. Carl Minns played on the DeSmet team, he had a helluva fastball.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Madden 2020?

I’m sure there will be plenty of that going on in the lockereoom and elsewhere.