Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Welcome to GU Admon Gilder!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Taking a victory lap on this post from 19 months ago.

Had nothing but pushback at the time, and Iíve even seen people today hold on to the idea that Jalen isnít far and away the best Zags PG of the Mark Few era.

Just watch. The first Gonzaga PG that brings Zag Nation its first title will get all the glory and will never be surpassed.
    Maybe. But itís been 2 games. Talk to me in April

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Maybe. But itís been 2 games. Talk to me in April
    Will do, Iíll put a reminder on my calendar. Looking forward to celebrating with you.

Taking a victory lap on this post from 19 months ago.

Had nothing but pushback at the time, and Iíve even seen people today hold on to the idea that Jalen isnít far and away the best Zags PG of the Mark Few era.

Just watch. The first Gonzaga PG that brings Zag Nation its first title will get all the glory and will never be surpassed.
    You had nothing but pushback?

There is a 93 page thread on his recruitment in the Whelping Box. (And a second thread too). Over 2000 posts, almost all of them salivating over this kid. ďBest recruit everĒ seemed to be a theme.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post

There is a 93 page thread on his recruitment in the Whelping Box. (And a second thread too). Over 2000 posts, almost all of them salivating over this kid. “Best recruit ever” seemed to be a theme.
    That's the way I recall it as well.

And while I'm here, I have to say that these "Hey look at me" posts ... digging up something from a year and a half ago to pat yourself on the back are among my least favorite on GU boards. Seems so "spy" esque.
    gobroncsgozags: "Have a great day in the podunk, crap hole known as Roslyn."

Quote Originally Posted by Bing View Post
    And while I'm here, I have to say that these "Hey look at me" posts ... digging up something from a year and a half ago to pat yourself on the back are among my least favorite on GU boards.
    Bing, let me join you in condemning this practice, but for another reason: Anytime someone resurrects an old thread with a title like "Welcome to GU Admon Gilder!!!," they should realize there will be some nitwit out here in Zagland (that would be me) who immediately thinks Admon is coming back to coach! An evil curse upon the practice!
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a playerís failures as a personal affrontÖ. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bing View Post
    Seems so "spy" esque.
    burn

I will say, I've never been as impressed with an individual player at GU as I am with Jalen F Suggs.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post

There is a 93 page thread on his recruitment in the Whelping Box. (And a second thread too). Over 2000 posts, almost all of them salivating over this kid. “Best recruit ever” seemed to be a theme.
    But also enough negative and pessimistic posts for the thread to be locked.

I guess my point is that many Zag fans continue to protect themselves from disappointment. Meanwhile, we want our team to be fearless and know that asserting our will is required to win it all.

Let’s align our mentality as fans with how Mark Few coaches our team to play.

I believe that Jalen Suggs will lead us to our first title and will always be revered as the man that played the most important position on the team that was first to the mountaintop. I believe that Jalen will become the most impactful advocate for the future of Gonzaga basketball when he uses his platform as an NBA superstar to shout from that mountaintop the virtues of joining the Zag family.

I believe that you are all capable of choosing to fully embrace the hype of this year’s team and the hope of our first championship. I believe that positivity, optimism and confidence will boost our energy to reach the summit.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Bing, let me join you in condemning this practice, but for another reason: Anytime someone resurrects an old thread with a title like "Welcome to GU Admon Gilder!!!," they should realize there will be some nitwit out here in Zagland (that would be me) who immediately thinks Admon is coming back to coach! An evil curse upon the practice!
    Yup. Who is this thread about anyway?

Well said.

But also enough negative and pessimistic posts for the thread to be locked.

I guess my point is that many Zag fans continue to protect themselves from disappointment. Meanwhile, we want our team to be fearless and know that asserting our will is required to win it all.

Let’s align our mentality as fans with how Mark Few coaches our team to play.

I believe that Jalen Suggs will lead us to our first title and will always be revered as the man that played the most important position on the team that was first to the mountaintop. I believe that Jalen will become the most impactful advocate for the future of Gonzaga basketball when he uses his platform as an NBA superstar to shout from that mountaintop the virtues of joining the Zag family.

I believe that you are all capable of choosing to fully embrace the hype of this year’s team and the hope of our first championship. I believe that positivity, optimism and confidence will boost our energy to reach the summit.
    gobroncsgozags: "Have a great day in the podunk, crap hole known as Roslyn."