Thread: Kentucky Derby

Default Kentucky Derby

TAINTED!!

Sure am glad we didn't have to wait for the NCAA to make that decision.
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

DQ cost me an exacta.

Bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

But like one of the other trainers said, if this had been a $10,000 purse on a random Thursday and the same thing happened, they'd have reviewed and DQ'd in a heartbeat. Just because it is the Kentucky Derby shouldn't make it any different.

Sucks people lost money on it... but rules are rules and it was a dangerous move that the jockey made and if the other jockeys didn't pull their horses up some you'd have seen a NASCAR style pile-up and likely horses that may have needed to be put down.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    But like one of the other trainers said, if this had been a $10,000 purse on a random Thursday and the same thing happened, they'd have reviewed and DQ'd in a heartbeat. Just because it is the Kentucky Derby shouldn't make it any different.

Sucks people lost money on it... but rules are rules and it was a dangerous move that the jockey made and if the other jockeys didn't pull their horses up some you'd have seen a NASCAR style pile-up and likely horses that may have needed to be put down.
    I guess 'rubbin' is racing" doesn't hold true for horse racing.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

i was surprised how well trainer took DQ ...business as usual I guess as LIZF pointed out

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I guess 'rubbin' is racing" doesn't hold true for horse racing.
    The rule is to protect the horses and jockeys. In a tight pack (like that final turn) if there are collisions and a horse goes down MANY other horses are going down too. Many times in those situations, the injuries sustained by the horses usually lead them to be put down. In this situation not one but two horses had to pull up hard to avoid a bad collision due to being cutoff by the lead horse.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Was a tough break. The jockey said immediately after the race that coming around the far turn the roar of the crowd scared the horse. He said several times that his horse was "just a baby." I understand they are all 3 yr. olds, but I wonder if the horse was born later in the year as opposed to some of the others. Purely speculation on my part. Regardless, I think the stewards had to make that call.
    We didn't want the guy anyway.