Thread: NCAA Launches Arizona Investigation

Default NCAA Launches Arizona Investigation

And so it begins....... or continues....... or whatever

Expect new sanctions on Pacific in ....3.......2........1

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...rizona-program

Many top flight players---including 2 potential impact guards that will interest to all of college basketball if released --- Josh Green and Nico Mannion-- add in Brandon Williams.

Mods---Feel free to move when appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    And so it begins....... or continues....... or whatever
    Thanks for the chuckle. It seems like their investigation should have started a while ago, but it make sense to wait until some of the trial stuff is over. I also think there were efforts by the NCAA to gain information that the FBI acquired. Quite the saga, this is.

I have no idea what authorities the NCAA has to compel testimony or to access data ??? I would assume they cannot get warrants or make criminal charges.....

I would be surprised to find out they have any access to FBI/AG information that isn't in the public domain.....public sphere....common information...this will be interesting...

Sean Miller statement to Arizona administration......"I did not have relations with that man.....Mr Dawkins"

Dawkins also testified during the trial that he refused to cooperate with federal prosecutors and refused to testify against former NBA agent Andy Miller and college basketball head coaches."Isn't it true the government wanted you to testify against your bosses at ASM and you wouldn't?" defense attorney Steven Haney asked Dawkins.
    "Yes," Dawkins said.
    "Isn't it true the government wanted you to testify against a bunch of head basketball coaches in this country and you wouldn't do it?" Haney continued.
    "No, I wouldn't," Dawkins answered.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I have no idea what authorities the NCAA has to compel testimony or to access data ??? I would assume they cannot get warrants or make criminal charges.....

I would be surprised to find out they have any access to FBI/AG information that isn't in the public domain.....public sphere....common information...this will be interesting...
    The Freedom of Information Act generally allows most evidence and data introduced during the trial to be made available to the public.

Hence, all the work by Robert Kraft's lawyers to try and keep the incriminating video from being released.

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Sean Miller statement to Arizona administration......"I did not have relations with that man.....Mr Dawkins"
    or better, have the National Enquirer buy the story and bury it as if it didn't happen...because the court of public opinion is what matters now, not the rule of law

We are Rome at its worst

Here is a pretty thoughtful semi-local article re: the mess at AZ, and its potential impact on GU:

https://www.cdapress.com/sports/2019...n_matters_here
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Bland walks with community service and parole. Hand slap.

Same investigation or different one?

Report: NCAA sending Notice of Allegations to six schools this summer

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....s-this-summer/

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Here is a pretty thoughtful semi-local article re: the mess at AZ, and its potential impact on GU:

https://www.cdapress.com/sports/2019...n_matters_here
    First off - THANKS for posting this article!

It's a very interesting article and if UA is clean then that's great but as far as UA and GU being the class programs on the WC is another matter altogether...UA has for some unknown reason, been a recruiting mecca but UDub's recruiting is also on a roll too and that natural rivalry with GU might well supplant the one with UA on the WC...as it stands GU has been THE program on the WC these last few years, with both UA, UDub and UCLA making efforts to close the gap...IMO UDub will be the program that comes out on top of those three...

Book Richardson paid Rawle Alkins' high school coach $40K to alter Alkins' high school transcript in order to make him eligible. Alkins was on the team 2016-2018.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...d-hs-coach-40k