Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: David Jenkins is a phenomenal shooter; dropped 35 on Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    One thought on Jenkins, I would imagine that it would be more difficult to get the hardship waiver if he went to UNLV to be with his old coach. Maybe I'm off base on that though.
    You know I have thought about that same thing and part of me wonders if it would not be easier. Think I am leaving because the guy who recruited me left and I want to follow him, so staying at SDSU would be a hardship for me and I need to be immediately eligible. It would be an interesting argument.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Committed! Boom!
    ??

premature speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
    premature speculation
    Very premature. I posted in the Men's forum, but I texted my buddy and he said not and possible not going to as the Zags have bigger fish to fry.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Very premature. I posted in the Men's forum, but I texted my buddy and he said not and possible not going to as the Zags have bigger fish to fry.
    Daishen Nix?

Daishen Nix?
    He didn't say. I would assume that means that the staff does not think he will be immediately eligible, so his recruitment interferes with Suggs/Nix/Burnett type recruits.

Can a player make a verbal commit if there is no current scholarship available?

I understand that this more of a procedural question because a scholarship will most likely open up, but that recent article mentioned that GU doesn’t officially have a spot for him until something gives with Norvell or Tillie.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post

I understand that this more of a procedural question because a scholarship will most likely open up, but that recent article mentioned that GU doesn’t officially have a spot for him until something gives with Norvell or Tillie.
    Yes, scholarships are figured out each year when the players are all on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post

she also mentioned in the article that someone could transfer out, thus opening up a spot even if Norvell and Tillie both decide to stay at Gonzaga, but at this point I think Snacks remains in the draft, while Tillie returns to GU.

He didn't say. I would assume that means that the staff does not think he will be immediately eligible, so his recruitment interferes with Suggs/Nix/Burnett type recruits.
    That makes sense to me, if he's not going to be immediately eligible, I don't think that's a spot I'd tie up for Jenkins. If he can play this year, he becomes much more palatable. My feeling is that Nix is very much in play at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    she also mentioned in the article that someone could transfer out, thus opening up a spot even if Norvell and Tillie both decide to stay at Gonzaga, but at this point I think Snacks remains in the draft, while Tillie returns to GU.
    Tillie return huh? What odds would you give of that? I’d be excited for sure lol
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

As good as Nix is, he doesn't exactly look like your typical one and done. Wouldn't he also complicate things with Suggs recruitment? I assume Suggs is going to want the ball in his hands from the get go.

having gilder and jenkins visit at the same time and then having the zags apparently back off of jenkins makes me wonder if the gilder commit essentially eliminated jenkins from consideration, or at the very least, a big drop in priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    As good as Nix is, he doesn't exactly look like your typical one and done. Wouldn't he also complicate things with Suggs recruitment? I assume Suggs is going to want the ball in his hands from the get go.
    I believe that someone else posted that Nix birthday falls such that he would be two years before eligible to go to the NBA.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I would assume that the two would start together in the back court in 2020. Few does love his two point guard backcourts.

He is not 1 and done due to his age, but the feel is that him and Suggs would actually complement each other on the court very well.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    having gilder and jenkins visit at the same time and then having the zags apparently back off of jenkins makes me wonder if the gilder commit essentially eliminated jenkins from consideration, or at the very least, a big drop in priority.
    They scheduled the visits at the same time intentionally, initially hoping to get a commitment from both. From what I have heard is that they pretty much did get just that but only accepted one as something else popped up. It’s either one of two scenarios; 1. Jenkins is not going to be eligible for this season, which would potentially run the risk of us losing seriously highly ranked recruits for 2020 or 2. They are going to be able to land Nix as a 2019 recruit and they value him and his long-term potential more than Jenkins. Both scenarios makes sense for why they signed Gilder because he is only going to play for this upcoming season.

He is not 1 and done due to his age, but the feel is that him and Suggs would actually complement each other on the court very well.

Jinx. lol

They scheduled the visits at the same time intentionally, initially hoping to get a commitment from both. From what I have heard is that they pretty much did get just that but only accepted one as something else popped up. It’s either one of two scenarios; 1. Jenkins is not going to be eligible for this season, which would potentially run the risk of us losing seriously highly ranked recruits for 2020 or 2. They are going to be able to land Nix as a 2019 recruit and they value him and his long-term potential more than Jenkins. Both scenarios makes sense for why they signed Gilder because he is only going to play for this upcoming season.
    Spy giving the insider scoop here! Good work and well stated.

Jinx. lol
    Lol!

Thanks buddy. The golden era of Gonzaga recruiting is upon us. It is crazy that we are from henceforth going to be top five through top 10 recruiting every year. I love it!

Thanks buddy. The golden era of Gonzaga recruiting is upon us. It is crazy that we are from henceforth going to be top five through top 10 recruiting every year. I love it!
    It's beyond crazy! And bringing in a guy like Powell to recruit the midwest/east coast is just going to give us more and more top rated recruits each year!

Isn’t this everything you’ve already been saying?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Yep. Spy “hears” what other board members are saying, rephrased.

I feel like I’m in an echo chamber at times.