Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: David Jenkins is a phenomenal shooter; dropped 35 on Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Clarke turned out to be my favorite (top 2 at least) Zag ever. NWG and him are tied. Crazy to think how good both could have been for GU had they been here more than 1 year.
    Any word on Jenkins visit?

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Any word on Jenkins visit?
    From what I heard it has gone good. I got the sense that he will visit UNLV still, but he is definitely an option at this point and we are sitting pretty with his recruitment.

On a personal note, if he has to sit a year, I personally like the Harris and Suggs and Ravet (and Nix dream scenario) combo at the 1-2, but Jenkins is solid so it's nothing against him, just a personal preference.

From what I heard it has gone good. I got the sense that he will visit UNLV still, but he is definitely an option at this point and we are sitting pretty with his recruitment.

On a personal note, if he has to sit a year, I personally like the Harris and Suggs and Ravet (and Nix dream scenario) combo at the 1-2, but Jenkins is solid so it's nothing against him, just a personal preference.
    I agree with you. However next year it’s only gilder and ravet who is a frosh. Is there any room for an incoming guard and who would be on our wish list there? Worried our depth is still thin

I agree with you. However next year it’s only gilder and ravet who is a frosh. Is there any room for an incoming guard and who would be on our wish list there? Worried our depth is still thin
    I am worried about our depth too. I would say if Jenkins can convince the NCAA to allow him to be eligible then he is number 1 on that list. I think in the next two/three weeks we are going to see a few more names come out who we will be interested in. Those would be guys who put in their name to the draft, don't get combine invites and could transfer.

I got a call on Saturday when Gilder was there and said it is done, he is a Zag. I was out of cell service and when I heard that jumped on here and saw you guys had posted it. I was super excited from GU and landing a huge transfer in Gilder. I did get a call about Jenkins this morning, it was not nearly as certain as Gilder is a Zag, but it was more along the lines of Jenkins will most likely be a Zag, but UNLV visit will most likely happen still.

With Gilder committing, the Zags have one open schollie for this year, and one for next. If Jenkins commits, that takes up both of those slots.

I don't claim to have any knowledge about players leaving early, but Petrusev might be one which would allow one more opening for next year, and it is possible that another of the new bigs could be one and done. Not Ballo, because of his age.

What does the schollie availability signify for the possible commit of Suggs, and the teammates of his that it has been implied that he would like to bring with him?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    With Gilder committing, the Zags have one open schollie for this year, and one for next. If Jenkins commits, that takes up both of those slots.

I don't claim to have any knowledge about players leaving early, but Petrusev might be one which would allow one more opening for next year, and it is possible that another of the new bigs could be one and done. Not Ballo, because of his age.

What does the schollie availability signify for the possible commit of Suggs, and the teammates of his that it has been implied that he would like to bring with him?
    Ayayi and Foster are not going to be here long term...

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Ayayi and Foster are not going to be here long term...
    That is a supposition unless the coaching staff have personally told you that.

I would prefer to not deal in the "what if's" but in more actual established details.

Amend this to say the Zags DO have 2 for next year. Gilder is for one year only, so still room for Suggs next year, even with Jenkins, but how about his teammates?

They will all work out. Suggs is in our plans and Suggs will be a Zag.

Thank you. I have my fingers crossed.

A bold prediction. Thanks for all of the insider info. I certainly hope you aren’t burning bridges with your sources by offering up too much information on these things.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    A bold prediction. Thanks for all of the insider info. I certainly hope you aren’t burning bridges with your sources by offering up too much information on these things.
    I don't post unless I have their okay. For the most part it is towards the end of recruitment. I have heard things that I wish I could share, but won't until I am given the okay. Like with Strawther he committed to GU and Few on the night of the National Championship game, I was told not to post that until he made his announcement and honestly not sure I ever even posted that until now.

I don't post unless I have their okay. For the most part it is towards the end of recruitment. I have heard things that I wish I could share, but won't until I am given the okay. Like with Strawther he committed to GU and Few on the night of the National Championship game, I was told not to post that until he made his announcement and honestly not sure I ever even posted that until now.
    Nope you didn’t CZ. Lol. You did say he’s been committed to few and co well before hand, but didn’t say that he did it on night of title game though
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

It's all much appreciated. We should all get comfortable reading between the lines if it keeps you out of trouble with your sources and keeps you in the loop. You have proven that when you have confidence in something happening, it is for good reason. MDAbe has intimated similar things with the transfers, and I suspect he has good reasons for having optimism, as well.

I can tell I'm one of many here who appreciates Caldwell's info and posting.

1. Definitely don't burn bridges or jeopardize your information pipeline

2. Don't feel the need to be overly optimistic or confident in your predictions beyond what you really know. (not saying you are or that you have been, but I know we all want to hear you say each bit of good news so badly)

I join those who give Caldwell a high five. Thank you
    Is that as in Caldwell, Idaho?
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

No words can adequately express my appreciation for Caldwell's informed input on this board. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post

2. Don't feel the need to be overly optimistic or confident in your predictions beyond what you really know. (not saying you are or that you have been, but I know we all want to hear you say each bit of good news so badly)
    Agreed on both points. I love what you've brought to the forum, and would never want you to jeopardize your contacts that allow you to do so.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Makes sense that he would at least give his old coach the courtesy of a visit, even if he is leaning Zags. I'll join everyone else in saying thanks for the great info!

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post

Thanks guys. Just so you know when I post something new I have got the approval from my guys to post it. I normally run the message by them first. Sometimes it takes several days to hear back, so to me it feels slow getting you all the information, but it's worth the wait.

And there are times I get a little pumped up and confident about the stuff, I will try not to get to excited (but Suggs is worth the excitement!!!)

We got any new info on Jenkins yet sir Caldwell?
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    We got any new info on Jenkins yet sir Caldwell?
    Nothing yet, I think we are the front runner right now, but UNLV could easily sneak in and make a play for Jenkins.

Nothing yet, I think we are the front runner right now, but UNLV could easily sneak in and make a play for Jenkins.
    One thought on Jenkins, I would imagine that it would be more difficult to get the hardship waiver if he went to UNLV to be with his old coach. Maybe I'm off base on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    One thought on Jenkins, I would imagine that it would be more difficult to get the hardship waiver if he went to UNLV to be with his old coach. Maybe I'm off base on that though.
    That is a fantastic point that I had not considered.