Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: David Jenkins is a phenomenal shooter; dropped 35 on Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Yep. Spy “hears” what other board members are saying, rephrased.

I feel like I’m in an echo chamber at times.
    You know, you’ve accused me of this a couple times now and you’re coming across as a real ######. I’ve been posting on the 5 versions of this board since 1998 and I told you before you don’t know who I am, who I know or what I know. Try to show a little class please. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    You know, you’ve accused me of this a couple times now and you’re coming across as a real ######. I’ve been posting on the 5 versions of this board since 1998 and I told you before you don’t know who I am, who I know or what I know. Try to show a little class please. Thank you
    Spy, just chill.......this is all good sheet. Enjoy!!!! Turning whole new page.

Let's keep this thread focused on the topic at hand and no personal attacks please.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Spy, just chill.......this is all good sheet. Enjoy!!!! Turning whole new page.
    I’m just sick and tired of people being such a jerk for no reason. We are all Zags fans here yet this board eats its own worse than any other board around. If someone shares me with me something that is of interest to the board, I will share it as long as it’s vague enough not to give away anything. Yet when I do you have other self-righteous posters saying that I’m just copying what another poster said. I have never done that in all the years I have posted here because I don’t care enough to do that for one and that’s not how I roll.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I’m just sick and tired of people being such a jerk for no reason. We are all Zags fans here yet this board eats its own worse than any other board around. If someone shares me with me something that is of interest to the board, I will share it as long as it’s vague enough not to give away anything. Yet when I do you have other self-righteous posters saying that I’m just copying what another poster said. I have never done that in all the years I have posted here because I don’t care enough to do that for one and that’s not how I roll.
    I understand the frustration and the venting, but please let's get things back onto Jenkins in this thread.

"South Dakota State transfer David Jenkins said he will announce this week whether he will sign with the [UNLV] Rebels, Gonzaga or Oregon."

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...ortal-1663831/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a playerís failures as a personal affrontÖ. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    "South Dakota State transfer David Jenkins said he will announce this week whether he will sign with the [UNLV] Rebels, Gonzaga or Oregon."

I thought this train had left the station.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post

Has he been offered by Gonzaga?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Isn’t it likely he’ll play for his old coach, who’s now at UNLV?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I miss Caldwell, he would know...

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    this is speculation, but between the info from caldwell, the fact that the jenkins took an *official* visit to the school, and the content of his quote, i'd assume yes. but interest may have waned for a number of reasons (i.e. if it didn't look like he'd get a waiver, or the staff got the feeling we weren't really in it, or we preferred another target [thornton?], or the current players gave him a thumbs down, and so on).

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    this is speculation, but between the info from caldwell, the fact that the jenkins took an *official* visit to the school, and the content of his quote, i'd assume yes. but interest may have waned for a number of reasons (i.e. if it didn't look like he'd get a waiver, or the staff got the feeling we weren't really in it, or we preferred another target [thornton?], or the current players gave him a thumbs down, and so on).
    My guess, and it is just that, is that if he HAD been offered, he would have accepted without delay.

From that I infer, again IMO, that an offer was not extended.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

My impression, lacking any inside information, is that for whatever reason an offer wasn't made, whether due to our interest, or his interest, or, I think most likely, learning that he likely wouldn't get a waiver, and we primarily wanted him for this year.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

UNLV picks up 2 grad transfers:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...el-mitrou-long

One a guard. Does this effect "Jenks"?
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

Jenkins plans to announce his decision today at 5:00. I haven’t heard much about our chances. Do we have a shot at landing him or is his spot being held for Suggs?

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    UNLV picks up 2 grad transfers:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...el-mitrou-long

One a guard. Does this effect "Jenks"?
    Jenkins will have to redshirt

Thanks, 'lee. Havin' a hard time keeping everyone straight.
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

I still think itís UNLV as I think we backed off (reading between lines). I donít think grad transfers matter as Jenkins would have to sit a year anyway wherever he goes as I donít think he gets hardship waiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, it's UNLV

Jim Meehan
    ‏ @SRJimm
    16m16 minutes ago

Jim Meehan Retweeted David Jenkins Jr

South Dakota State transfer guard commits to UNLV. Jenkins had Gonzaga and Oregon as finalists. Rebels were considered frontrunner as Jenkins joins former Jackrabbits coach T.J. Otzelberger, hired by UNLV in March.
    ďWhen I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.Ē

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I still think itís UNLV as I think we backed off (reading between lines). I donít think grad transfers matter as Jenkins would have to sit a year anyway wherever he goes as I donít think he gets hardship waiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We definitively backed off this one. Remember that grad transfers donít take away scholarships from future recruits which is why grad transfers are so in demand. With Jenkins who is not a grad transfer, there is a chance he could fill a scholarship for 3 years and with the kids we are chasing in 2020 and beyond, that is not something that was appealing to our staff. Also, keep in mind the competition Jenkins played against for the majority of his games. The stats of most transfers from the low D1 level do not translate against top competition. Iím not saying that would be the case with Jenkins but that is just the reality of most lower level D1 transfers. We saw that somewhat with Geno and I donít think the staff was comfortable with a possible 3 years of a player at that level at The possible expense of a Suggs, Burnett, Kessler, Max Christie etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    We definitively backed off this one. Remember that grad transfers don’t take away scholarships from future recruits which is why grad transfers are so in demand. With Jenkins who is not a grad transfer, there is a chance he could fill a scholarship for 3 years and with the kids we are chasing in 2020 and beyond, that is not something that was appealing to our staff. Also, keep in mind the competition Jenkins played against for the majority of his games. The stats of most transfers from the low D1 level do not translate against top competition. I’m not saying that would be the case with Jenkins but that is just the reality of most lower level D1 transfers. We saw that somewhat with Geno and I don’t think the staff was comfortable with a possible 3 years of a player at that level at The possible expense of a Suggs, Burnett, Kessler, Max Christie etc.
    Max Christie isnt a name I've seen on the boards yet. I know its early with him being a 2021 prospect, but is that someone the coaches have shown interest in or more of a personal wishlist type. Ranked top 15 by just about every scouting service. Maybe GU's new norm for targets.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Max Christie isnt a name I've seen on the boards yet. I know its early with him being a 2021 prospect, but is that someone the coaches have shown interest in or more of a personal wishlist type. Ranked top 15 by just about every scouting service. Maybe GU's new norm for targets.
    No comment... other than I donít make a personal wishlist until the Zags show at least cursory interest You are correct though, it is very early for the 2021s.

This player seemed somewhat like a solution in search of a problem. He didn't seem to meet any pressing demands that this lineup needs, other than bench depth. Of late, it seems that when GU goes after a transfer it is for a very specific purpose; it may be myopia, but I didn't see what that was. He was interesting to me when I thought he was immediately eligible, and before Admon Gilder came aboard. I wish him all the best at UNLV.