Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 158

Thread: Norvell Declares Part II

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    838

    Default Norvell Declares Part II

    Go ahead and close this thread too. I honestly don't know why it's a problem for people to discuss what they want to discuss.

    " Starter Corey Kispert is back, and Zach Norvell Jr. and Killian Tillie probably will return."

    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...top-25-2019-20

    In reality, nobody knows nothing. Including the writer of this ESPN Top 25 released today.

    If anybody is done with a topic, it's really simple. Don't participate.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    273

    Default

    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...top-25-2019-20

    I'm confused. Why is Gonzaga ranked number 6 if we haven't even picked up Gilder or Nix yet? I thought our ceiling was a top 32 team barely able to make the 2nd round of the tournament.

    In reality, if Norvell stays or Jenkins is able to transfer without sitting out, and we add Gilder/Nix or Harris reclassifies, we are likely ranked top 10 in the preseason and are more than capable of making the Elite 8 in the postseason.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,932

    Default

    I give...how a team can lose 8 of it's best players including 2 All Americans and two 5 year Point Guards and still be ranked in the top ten is amazing... reputation ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,710

    Default

    It’s called journalistic inertia.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane South Side
    Posts
    16,630

    Default

    Hare-brained thread resurrected .... I expect nothing but good from this stroke of genius ....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    12,283

    Default

    Wonder how long before someone calls a player either a quitter or an idiot. Just a matter of time.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Hare-brained thread resurrected .... I expect nothing but good from this stroke of genius ....
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Wonder how long before someone calls a player either a quitter or an idiot. Just a matter of time.
    the only negatives posts in this thread are these and they target other board members. rules?

    no one forces you to read any OP.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    spokane
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I give...how a team can lose 8 of it's best players including 2 All Americans and two 5 year Point Guards and still be ranked in the top ten is amazing... reputation ?
    2 potential future NBA players both with tons of experience, other high level talent returning (petrusev), a highly rated recruiting class, and the expectation of an experienced grad transfer plugged in this summer. top 10 doesn't seem like such a stretch.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    12,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    the only negatives posts in this thread are these and they target other board members. rules?

    no one forces you to read any OP.
    You are correct. But I don’t think the OP was about someone quitting on the team either. I will stop reading just about everything I guess since this seems to be the answer to every thread
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
    2 potential future NBA players both with tons of experience, other high level talent returning (petrusev), a highly rated recruiting class, and the expectation of an experienced grad transfer plugged in this summer. top 10 doesn't seem like such a stretch.
    I assume you are thinking Norvell and Tillie are returning....I don't....other high level ??? The recruits are freshmen, yet to prove anything....and as yet, no grad transfer....I guess that is why they call it the " way to soon...."... because it is way to soon...

    IMHO it is a stretch....but you are welcome to your opinion...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zag Country
    Posts
    3,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Hare-brained thread resurrected .... I expect nothing but good from this stroke of genius ....
    You and LongIsland made laugh and made my day!


    Yeah, it would be great if Norvell and Tillie came back. My opinion is that the odds of that happening are lousy. I’m not going to spend one more second think about it.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Go ahead and close this thread too. I honestly don't know why it's a problem for people to discuss what they want to discuss.

    " Starter Corey Kispert is back, and Zach Norvell Jr. and Killian Tillie probably will return."

    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...top-25-2019-20

    In reality, nobody knows nothing. Including the writer of this ESPN Top 25 released today.

    If anybody is done with a topic, it's really simple. Don't participate.
    Thinking that possibly..just possibly everything that needed to be said was, indeed, said in 9 pages of comments. This, with new rankings is a different thread with a different point. Rankings etc. are fine I think. As the last thread closed, it seemed things became negative with pages of personal comments and very negative look at the kids who play or have played here. When that happens, the thread changes and is corrupted. Grudges are formed and kept which is not the point of the Board.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,164

    Default

    I do believe that Norvelle will return, and maybe I am being guarded in my emotions, but I just won't let myself even yearn for Tillie to return, bc I think that is a complete paradigm shift regarding next year, more so than Norvelle.


    Going into last year, prior to the injury, Tillie was regarded as the team's "best player." When Rui and BC exploded, that talk fell back, obviously. But, a healthy and engaged Tillie brings almost the same type of defensive presence as BC, some of Rui's inside game, and 3 pt shooting at a higher percentage than anyone else.

    Tillie has always been a player with "flashes" of brilliance, at times unstoppable. Chronic injury might explain why in some games he seemed to fade. If we had him, and if he was healthy, it would just mean "everything" to me, regarding next year.

    Norvelle is almost as critical, but it isn't in any way an "insult" to say that I don't think he brings quite as much as Tillie.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    12,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    You and LongIsland made laugh and made my day!


    Yeah, it would be great if Norvell and Tillie came back. My opinion is that the odds of that happening are lousy. I’m not going to spend one more second think about it.

    Right now... I don't even think Zach knows. I'd say it is 70-30... one direction or the other.

    I hope he comes back, but if he has assurances, then he should make the jump. We'll all know soon enough
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    2,844

    Default

    I would say they will both be back.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezag View Post
    I would say they will both be back.
    I tend to agree with that, but if they are both back there is only one available schollie, at this point.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Right now... I don't even think Zach knows. I'd say it is 70-30... one direction or the other.

    I hope he comes back, but if he has assurances, then he should make the jump. We'll all know soon enough
    This makes the most sense to me. Well said!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,726

    Default

    Atlanta Hawks

    Verified account

    @ATLHawks
    Follow Follow @ATLHawks
    More
    Players joining us for day 7️⃣ of 2019 pre-draft workouts tomorrow:

    → Silvio De Sousa (Kansas)
    → Quentin Grimes (Kansas)
    → Ahmed Hill (Virginia Tech)
    → Skylar Mays (LSU)
    → Zach Norvell Jr. (Gonzaga)
    → Dylan Osetkowski (Texas)

    Atlanta has picks 5, 9, 35, 41 and 42

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I do believe that Norvelle will return, and maybe I am being guarded in my emotions, but I just won't let myself even yearn for Tillie to return, bc I think that is a complete paradigm shift regarding next year, more so than Norvelle.


    Going into last year, prior to the injury, Tillie was regarded as the team's "best player." When Rui and BC exploded, that talk fell back, obviously. But, a healthy and engaged Tillie brings almost the same type of defensive presence as BC, some of Rui's inside game, and 3 pt shooting at a higher percentage than anyone else.

    Tillie has always been a player with "flashes" of brilliance, at times unstoppable. Chronic injury might explain why in some games he seemed to fade. If we had him, and if he was healthy, it would just mean "everything" to me, regarding next year.

    Norvelle is almost as critical, but it isn't in any way an "insult" to say that I don't think he brings quite as much as Tillie.
    No “e”. I mean people have been telling you this for over a year now. It’s just disrespectful to keep spelling our own players names incorrectly.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...top-25-2019-20

    I'm confused. Why is Gonzaga ranked number 6 if we haven't even picked up Gilder or Nix yet? I thought our ceiling was a top 32 team barely able to make the 2nd round of the tournament.

    In reality, if Norvell stays or Jenkins is able to transfer without sitting out, and we add Gilder/Nix or Harris reclassifies, we are likely ranked top 10 in the preseason and are more than capable of making the Elite 8 in the postseason.
    Harris is not going to reclassify, it is not in Gonzaga's plans. Nix now...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,292

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,292

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    We need another body, clearly, and the staff knows this.

    Best of wishes, Norvell. Sounds like GU will have at least 3 draftees, 2 potentially in the lottery. Thanks for the hard work.

    As for GU, Nix seems like the ideal get. I have no idea on the odds of this.

  24. #24

    Default

    sounds like some people in the nba have a higher opinion of zack norvell than some of the people on this forum...the improvement snacks made on d have boosted his stock...anyways, can't blame him if he has a guarantee in his pocket.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,825

    Default

    I just cannot see how Norvell makes the league. Ballhandling is iffy and his defense is average (with luck). Shooting is average even though he's hit some big shots in his 2 years at GU. I just want the best for these kids.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •