• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markburn1
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2015

Norvell Declares Part II

Go ahead and close this thread too. I honestly don't know why it's a problem for people to discuss what they want to discuss.

" Starter Corey Kispert is back, and Zach Norvell Jr. and Killian Tillie probably will return."

North Carolina secured the services of Cole Anthony, and makes a big move up the college basketball preseason rankings for 2019-20.

In reality, nobody knows nothing. Including the writer of this ESPN Top 25 released today.

If anybody is done with a topic, it's really simple. Don't participate.
  • Hooray4Daye&Gray
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Oct 2008

North Carolina secured the services of Cole Anthony, and makes a big move up the college basketball preseason rankings for 2019-20.

I'm confused. Why is Gonzaga ranked number 6 if we haven't even picked up Gilder or Nix yet? I thought our ceiling was a top 32 team barely able to make the 2nd round of the tournament.

In reality, if Norvell stays or Jenkins is able to transfer without sitting out, and we add Gilder/Nix or Harris reclassifies, we are likely ranked top 10 in the preseason and are more than capable of making the Elite 8 in the postseason.

Comment

• bartruff1
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2010

I give...how a team can lose 8 of it's best players including 2 All Americans and two 5 year Point Guards and still be ranked in the top ten is amazing... reputation ?

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

It’s called journalistic inertia.

Comment

• ZagNative
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Hare-brained thread resurrected .... I expect nothing but good from this stroke of genius ....

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
            • Feb 2007

Wonder how long before someone calls a player either a quitter or an idiot. Just a matter of time.
            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Zagceo
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
              Hare-brained thread resurrected .... I expect nothing but good from this stroke of genius ....
              Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
              Wonder how long before someone calls a player either a quitter or an idiot. Just a matter of time.
              the only negatives posts in this thread are these and they target other board members. rules?

no one forces you to read any OP.

Comment

• Gonzdb8
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                I give...how a team can lose 8 of it's best players including 2 All Americans and two 5 year Point Guards and still be ranked in the top ten is amazing... reputation ?
                2 potential future NBA players both with tons of experience, other high level talent returning (petrusev), a highly rated recruiting class, and the expectation of an experienced grad transfer plugged in this summer. top 10 doesn't seem like such a stretch.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                  the only negatives posts in this thread are these and they target other board members. rules?

no one forces you to read any OP.
                  You are correct. But I don’t think the OP was about someone quitting on the team either. I will stop reading just about everything I guess since this seems to be the answer to every thread
                  "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Comment

• bartruff1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
                    2 potential future NBA players both with tons of experience, other high level talent returning (petrusev), a highly rated recruiting class, and the expectation of an experienced grad transfer plugged in this summer. top 10 doesn't seem like such a stretch.
                    I assume you are thinking Norvell and Tillie are returning....I don't....other high level ??? The recruits are freshmen, yet to prove anything....and as yet, no grad transfer....I guess that is why they call it the " way to soon...."... because it is way to soon...

IMHO it is a stretch....but you are welcome to your opinion...

Comment

• Mantua
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                      You and LongIsland made laugh and made my day!

Yeah, it would be great if Norvell and Tillie came back. My opinion is that the odds of that happening are lousy. I’m not going to spend one more second think about it.
                      Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• MDABE80
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
                        Go ahead and close this thread too. I honestly don't know why it's a problem for people to discuss what they want to discuss.

" Starter Corey Kispert is back, and Zach Norvell Jr. and Killian Tillie probably will return."

In reality, nobody knows nothing. Including the writer of this ESPN Top 25 released today.

If anybody is done with a topic, it's really simple. Don't participate.
                        Thinking that possibly..just possibly everything that needed to be said was, indeed, said in 9 pages of comments. This, with new rankings is a different thread with a different point. Rankings etc. are fine I think. As the last thread closed, it seemed things became negative with pages of personal comments and very negative look at the kids who play or have played here. When that happens, the thread changes and is corrupted. Grudges are formed and kept which is not the point of the Board.

Comment

• DZ
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2007

I do believe that Norvelle will return, and maybe I am being guarded in my emotions, but I just won't let myself even yearn for Tillie to return, bc I think that is a complete paradigm shift regarding next year, more so than Norvelle.

Going into last year, prior to the injury, Tillie was regarded as the team's "best player." When Rui and BC exploded, that talk fell back, obviously. But, a healthy and engaged Tillie brings almost the same type of defensive presence as BC, some of Rui's inside game, and 3 pt shooting at a higher percentage than anyone else.

Tillie has always been a player with "flashes" of brilliance, at times unstoppable. Chronic injury might explain why in some games he seemed to fade. If we had him, and if he was healthy, it would just mean "everything" to me, regarding next year.

Norvelle is almost as critical, but it isn't in any way an "insult" to say that I don't think he brings quite as much as Tillie.
                          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                          Mark Twain.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mantua View Post
                            You and LongIsland made laugh and made my day!

Yeah, it would be great if Norvell and Tillie came back. My opinion is that the odds of that happening are lousy. I’m not going to spend one more second think about it.

Right now... I don't even think Zach knows. I'd say it is 70-30... one direction or the other.

I hope he comes back, but if he has assurances, then he should make the jump. We'll all know soon enough

Comment

• Ezag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

I would say they will both be back.

Comment

Working...
                              X