Thread: Arizona & the FBI

Default Arizona & the FBI

Sounded like some folks were interested in a dedicated thread. More news out today:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ted-ayton-deal

Dawkins and his partner on a wiretapped call discussed Sean Miller fronting the money to help sign Ayton.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Sounded like some folks were interested in a dedicated thread. More news out today:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ted-ayton-deal

Dawkins and his partner on a wiretapped call discussed Sean Miller fronting the money to help sign Ayton.
    How is Miller still employed??? $10 grand a month???
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Can’t imagine Alums are happy with this information.

Administrators gotta feel squeezed

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...bribery-probe/

The school announced a self-inflicted postseason ban on Tuesday, doing so in advance of the school going before the Independent Accountability Resolution Process (IARP) later in 2021. This is the second such move by a program impacted by the FBI's investigation into corruption in college basketball recruiting, a sting operation that began in 2017.

In November, Auburn, which like Arizona had an assistant plead guilty to federal crimes, announced it would be taking a self-imposed postseason ban for 2021.

This is weak sauce and shouldn't count towards the punishment meted out by the NCAA, if that ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    This is weak sauce and shouldn't count towards the punishment meted out by the NCAA, if that ever happens.
    I thought it was funny when Auburn did it too, they would be lucky to make the tourney anyway. Doubt it will have any impact on what the IARP decides.

I used to be a hardcore Wildcats fan when I lived in AZ. This was when Lute Olson was the coach. I'm glad I saw the light and changed loyalties. Gonzaga runs a clean program and I'm proud to be a fan.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!