• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagsfanforlife
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Going to be a huge weekend for GU!
    Considering Jenkins has a chance to be immediately eligible, could be our starting backcourt next year if all the chips fall as we would like.

Comment

• caldwellzag
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
      Considering Jenkins has a chance to be immediately eligible, could be our starting backcourt next year if all the chips fall as we would like.
      Exactly what we need and are hoping for. Snacks is NBA bound, doubt he pulls out now.

Comment

• ZagsObserver
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2010

+1

Comment

• zagfan1
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Hopefully we get both to commit after this weekend. I just want to clarify one thing about NWG. He was the number 2 recruit coming out of high school and underperformed at UW. He fulfilled his potential at Gonzaga. If Gilder comes to GU, he will have his chance to set his own mark.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
            Zag for Life
            • May 2008

Wow...what a great weekend this could be. I hope both Gilder and Jenkins love the visit here as we can sure use them and I think they'd love the experience of being a Zag.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
              Zag for Life
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme
              Still not sure how Jenkins is would be eligible immediately, I guess he can argue that his coach left for UNLV I mean hey, it works for Tate Martell at Ohio State. My only concern is that between Jenkins and Guilder they average less than four assists combined. But if they join on, I will cheer my head off for them. I’m just afraid that there are really unrealistic expectations for these guys.
              Spy-- i think with transfers it is always best to optimistically cautious.... as i predict Gilder if healthy will have an all american type season...

One thing to note though, top CBB analysts/ writers (if you want to believe them), predicted Gilder as the #5 grad transfer (1 above Pierce btw) and Jenkins as the #2 "Sit out" transfer... so others think highly of them. Gilder would be much higher i imagine if he played last year and there werent concerns still about his health.

Jenkins shot 45% from three ball with three games of 8 or more 3's hit. I dont care what conference you are in... if you are hitting 8 + 3's in 3 different games in a college season and shoot 45% on the year with 247 attempts, you are an absolute ELITE shooter.

Comment

• CDC84
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

From an elite college basketball analyst regarding Gilder: "Solid player. He's good enough to help solidify backcourt."

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

I think Harris and Strawther trying to get Suggs to come to Gonzaga is a bigger deal than Geno. Which isn't to say that Geno and Dower cannot help. I have no idea if either guy knows the Suggs family. Pargo was instrumental in landing Norvell.

Comment

• cggonzaga
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

Really starting to wonder how much hoops you watch.
                    Haha, yes because if I don’t agree with your assessment I’m an idiot.

What’s funny is that I said I want him on the team and that he’s a good player. AA is very hard to achieve and up to this point in his career, I don’t see it. Hope he proves me wrong.

Also, SEC AA’s in the past 5 years...2 first teamers and 3 second teamers. All bigs except for 1 guard. 4 from Kentucky alone. They aren’t exactly spitting out AA’s and certainly not at the guard position.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jun 2007

I am on the same page as you on this one. Gilder is a good, not great player and he would be a welcome addition to the team but I think that certain posters have unrealistic expectations of him. It was a choice between 1 year of him and Nix, it would be Nix all day, every day for me.
                      Really hope he comes so you can gush over him all year

Comment

• caldwellzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2018

I know there are some that are not extremely high on Gilder, but it sounds like he is really high on the Zags and the Zags are high on him. He looks like the grad transfer we need to land.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2018

Hey, as I said, if he becomes a Zag, I'll cheer my head off for him. But if 1 year of him costs us Nix, I'd be lying if I said that I'd be a little disappointed.
                          Wasn't just meaning you Spy, I know you will cheer for him. Just throwing it out there that we are in a good spot with Gilder and with him coming to campus I would not be shocked if he commits this week.

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
                            Kennel Club Alum
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                            I know there are some that are not extremely high on Gilder, but it sounds like he is really high on the Zags and the Zags are high on him. He looks like the grad transfer we need to land.
                            Underrated aspect of a grad transfer: leadership. Especially from a point guard. Especially from a player with tournament experience.

Would be a nice "win" over Texas Tech after our loss to them... and our loss to them on Matt Mooney last summer.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2013

I would absolutely be ecstatic if Gilder comes here!
                              Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• ZagBlue
                                Kennel Club Material
                                • Apr 2019

Gilder is a terrific overall player who can add leadership, fantastic defense, and quality play from either guard spot. He seems more comfortable at the 2 and let’s face it.... the reality seems to be that we will need a boost at both the 1 and 2 spots so I personally have no concern that a Gilder commit has an negative impact with Nix. On the alternative, being a better team can only help in that recruitment. Quite honestly, I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t be ecstatic adding Gilder. Our team has a few glaring holes possibly and he fills those. The reality is that grad transfers are usually added to play a solid role but Gilder is one of a few (at most) that has a chance to be a star.

Comment

Working...
                                X