Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 98

Thread: 2019 Admon Gilder Grad Transfer Committed

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tri-Cities
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Not sure if this is in the thread anywhere:


    Jeff Goodman
    ‏Verified account @GoodmanHoops
    2m2 minutes ago

    Texas A&M grad transfer Admon Gilder told @Stadium he will take a visit to Gonzaga this weekend.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

    ~ Desiderius Erasmus

  2. #27

    Default

    This is big time.. people i guess dont realize how good this kid is. Should be huge news and lots of posts on it. Please please please real him in Few.

    It's not every year you can get an all american type as a Graduate transfer to come run your team

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    Yes, this would be huge. We need two guard transfers to eat a lot of minutes, three if Ravet can’t cut it as a backup. He’s the best available at this point.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    Not sure if this is in the thread anywhere:
    Let’s gooooo!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Yes, this would be huge. We need two guard transfers to eat a lot of minutes, three if Ravet can’t cut it as a backup. He’s the best available at this point.
    GoZags has said that the coaching staff have confidence in Ravet as our starter.

    Why do you think he might have trouble cutting it as the back up Point Guard?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    GoZags has said that the coaching staff have confidence in Ravet as our starter.

    Why do you think he might have trouble cutting it as the back up Point Guard?
    I've heard Morrison say that Ravet would have gotten playing time this year if he was on the team....I've heard others say coaches have confidence Ravet will get playing time next year....I've yet to hear anyone claim Ravet will be the starter next year.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,285

    Default

    Oh, man, now my hopes are up. If we land him, we're in great shape. Hazzard and some of the others didn't excite me. Gilder does.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I've heard Morrison say that Ravet would have gotten playing time this year if he was on the team....I've heard others say coaches have confidence Ravet will get playing time next year....I've yet to hear anyone claim Ravet will be the starter next year.
    There are many scattered throughout. I tried to link a few from different threads, and it doesn't want to do that.

    Several people have said as much.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    7,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    Not sure if this is in the thread anywhere:
    Jeff Goodman
    ‏Verified account @GoodmanHoops
    2m2 minutes ago

    Texas A&M grad transfer Admon Gilder told @Stadium he will take a visit to Gonzaga this weekend.
    Good to see both Gilder and South Dakota State transfer David Jenkins will visit this weekend.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    This is big time.. people i guess dont realize how good this kid is. Should be huge news and lots of posts on it. Please please please real him in Few.

    It's not every year you can get an all american type as a Graduate transfer to come run your team
    Slow your roll buddy. Admon is good and probably all league good but he’s not AA good. He’s not Nigel. I really want him on this team don’t get me wrong. I don’t think he answers the point guard question mark though. A Ravet/Gilder backcourt would be nice.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Slow your roll buddy. Admon is good and probably all league good but he’s not AA good. He’s not Nigel. I really want him on this team don’t get me wrong. I don’t think he answers the point guard question mark though. A Ravet/Gilder backcourt would be nice.
    Not Nigel, but not much else out there for options. Admon would be a very solid player to atleast make it interesting next season if we can pick him up.
    America's Team!

  12. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    My apologies. I'm sure there is a good reason. What does this have to do with the original post?
    gilder won't be going to tt if they are able to bring in hampton and they seem to have lot of momentum there. it also means that duke will now likely focus in more on suggs...

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I've heard Morrison say that Ravet would have gotten playing time this year if he was on the team....I've heard others say coaches have confidence Ravet will get playing time next year....I've yet to hear anyone claim Ravet will be the starter next year.
    That’s more a comment on Geno than on Ravet, IMO.

  14. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Slow your roll buddy. Admon is good and probably all league good but he’s not AA good. He’s not Nigel. I really want him on this team don’t get me wrong. I don’t think he answers the point guard question mark though. A Ravet/Gilder backcourt would be nice.
    Really starting to wonder how much hoops you watch.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Admon at A and M was better than Goss at UW. He would be a monster get assuming all the health issues are cleared up. Hopefully Hampton goes to Tech and takes that off the table for Admon.

  16. #41

    Default

    Admon was one of the best two way players in the SEC for two straight years from 2016-2018. He didnt play last year but i assume he wasnt sitting on his couch eating potato chips.. he is now a 5th year senior...

    He is a better defender than NWG and is way more than capable of playing the pg and being the missing pg link we need. To say he cant play pg or that Ravet would run the show before he would is preposterous.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,285

    Default

    I don't particularly care whether you call him a PG or an SG - he's got the handles to bring up the ball and is a capable passer and top-notch defender and shooter. Sign me up.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,571

    Default

    I just don't get the Gilder hype. I've had a ton of time to watch film (lol) and I've seen a lot of his high school and college footage and am just not getting the hype. I mean...he's ok.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Good to see both Gilder and South Dakota State transfer David Jenkins will visit this weekend.
    Going to be a huge weekend for GU!

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    GoZags has said that the coaching staff have confidence in Ravet as our starter.

    Why do you think he might have trouble cutting it as the back up Point Guard?
    I’ll let Go Zags speak to what he’s heard. What I’ve heard is that Ravet was never expected to start. That wasn’t the plan, and that clearly wasn’t (isn’t?) desired. I’ll certainly be rooting for him, as it’s looking like he’ll be getting solid minutes as a freshman, assuming he competes well in practice.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    GoZags has said that the coaching staff have confidence in Ravet as our starter.

    Why do you think he might have trouble cutting it as the back up Point Guard?
    Willandi,

    All due respect, but GoZags did not say the staff has confidence in Ravet as the starter.

    They said that Ravet was good enough to get significant playing time on the 2018-19 Zags team.

    Now, we may conflate that to a starting roll on the 19-20 team, but that remains to be seen. Count me in the "hopeful" category.

  22. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Going to be a huge weekend for GU!
    Considering Jenkins has a chance to be immediately eligible, could be our starting backcourt next year if all the chips fall as we would like.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Considering Jenkins has a chance to be immediately eligible, could be our starting backcourt next year if all the chips fall as we would like.
    Exactly what we need and are hoping for. Snacks is NBA bound, doubt he pulls out now.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Considering Jenkins has a chance to be immediately eligible, could be our starting backcourt next year if all the chips fall as we would like.
    +1

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Hopefully we get both to commit after this weekend. I just want to clarify one thing about NWG. He was the number 2 recruit coming out of high school and underperformed at UW. He fulfilled his potential at Gonzaga. If Gilder comes to GU, he will have his chance to set his own mark.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •