Thread: 2019 Admon Gilder Grad Transfer Committed

Hybrid View

Default 2019 Admon Gilder Grad Transfer Committed

Last edited by CDC84; 05-05-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Texas Tech is hot right now. Their Coach took full advantage of the spotlight, and earned a ton of interest from players and programs alike. He is quite the salesman-y Coach.

Will be tough to sway him from there, plus his home state. Gotta wonder if the Zags facing his old team hurts us instead of helps us?

Tech loses Mooney, Culver, Owens, Odiase, and Francis (all 5 were instrumental in beating Zags). Mooney and Francis were 2 of their top 3 guards, Moretti their only guard left on the team.

He’s going to Tech
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

We have been talking about him for almost a month now. Not sure he’s new.

And if he goes to tech— barring someone new becoming a grad transfer and cam Mack, hazzard, Ingram, and others already committing, looks like we are looking at a geno type talent or worse leading our squad next year.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    We have been talking about him for almost a month now. Not sure he’s new.

And if he goes to tech— barring someone new becoming a grad transfer and cam Mack, hazzard, Ingram, and others already committing, looks like we are looking at a geno type talent or worse leading our squad next year.
    IIRC, the discussion of Geno's abilities were based upon the one game he played against us. I don't recall any discussion about how he'd perform against the higher caliber of teams the GU plays against, as opposed to North Dakota's opponents. His injury complicated his period of transition IMO, though he upped his play as the season progressed.

That's probably why I didn't mind so much Abe Hazzard signing with Arizona. Like so many here, I trust the staff, fully knowing that not every player that comes here will play starring roles.

Geno was valiant. But mostly a miss. He was supposed to spell Josh but never demonstrated pg ability. He was a one hit wonder, the game vs GU.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    IIRC, the discussion of Geno's abilities were based upon the one game he played against us. I don't recall any discussion about how he'd perform against the higher caliber of teams the GU plays against, as opposed to North Dakota's opponents. His injury complicated his period of transition IMO, though he upped his play as the season progressed.

That's probably why I didn't mind so much Abe Hazzard signing with Arizona. Like so many here, I trust the staff, fully knowing that not every player that comes here will play starring roles.

Default Gilder commits!

Thanks PCZ.

Nice scoop by a fellow WCC'er.
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

Just so we all know, although PCZ is "with" another WCC school, I consider him 100% a Zag!!

Welcome to Gonzaga Admon!!!!

Welcome aboard Admon!

- great get, top of the board guard on the grad transfer wire.
    - size, defense, d-1 experience, a fair to good shooter..........with work and coaching he has a ceiling yet to be reached.
    - I say to heck with all the what if's on other recruits, you can't pass on a player as good as gilder, just to hope something better comes along....something about looking a gifted horse in the mouth.

- welcome admon, be healthy, work hard and enjoy a wonderful senior campaign.