Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick Note

Default Quick Note

I am not going to go through and read all the post, but Thorton got away, dad played a huge factor here. Don't worry we will be fine.

Suggs is not going to commit prior to AAU, timeline has changed, but the push right now is to get him on campus again, along with Harris and Strawther. If we can organize this do not be shocked if we get a commitment that day.

Kessler is a real possibility right now, expect him on campus this fall and the staffs push is Kraziness.

2021 has a lot of new names popping up, don't believe everything you hear on Twitter, but we are in on some big time recruits right now. In July I will update you more if I get the time.

Fishing was great, especially after the Brown Drakes finally went off! Hope everyone is well!

As I was typing this Kessler, Watson, and Suggs made the cuts for the U19 USA team. Think all have a legit shot of making the team. Huge news for the Zags.

Good to hear from you. Any fishing prospects at the guard position for 2019-20, or are we settled now?

Two open scholarships for this year, what do we do?

Thanks for the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I am not going to go through and read all the post, but Thorton got away, dad played a huge factor here. Don't worry we will be fine.

Suggs is not going to commit prior to AAU, timeline has changed, but the push right now is to get him on campus again, along with Harris and Strawther. If we can organize this do not be shocked if we get a commitment that day.

Kessler is a real possibility right now, expect him on campus this fall and the staffs push is Kraziness.

2021 has a lot of new names popping up, don't believe everything you hear on Twitter, but we are in on some big time recruits right now. In July I will update you more if I get the time.

Fishing was great, especially after the Brown Drakes finally went off! Hope everyone is well!
    Thanks for stopping by with the updates. Did you see any Snipe while fishing?

So will we be starting the season with only 3 guards (plus walk-on's) or do we have a surprise coming soon?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagzKrak View Post
    So will we be starting the season with only 3 guards (plus walk-on's) or do we have a surprise coming soon?
    Out of curiousity I looked through the entire WCC and Pac-12, and a couple other various west coast schools...

There isnt a single D1 team in the West with only 3 scholarship guards on the entire roster. (I am not counting walk ons or non schollie practice squad players)

If the roster remains as is, it would be unprecedented, and likely the only team in D1 with a total of 3 guards, including incoming recruits.

If you can find a single team, in D1, with only 3 scholarship guards (remember to include the 2019 recruits), I would be interested.

I have yet to find one...but I haven't checked ACC/Big10/et al yet.

Imagine if Brock or Gilder had an injury, we have 1 guard to replace or back them up. We would have to move Kispert to SG.

Very intriguing situation...and obviously unique

Paul Pennington redshirted or at least did not play in any games. Is there any chance he could be a player for the Zags?

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Out of curiousity I looked through the entire WCC and Pac-12, and a couple other various west coast schools...

There isnt a single D1 team in the West with only 3 scholarship guards on the entire roster. (I am not counting walk ons or non schollie practice squad players)

If the roster remains as is, it would be unprecedented, and likely the only team in D1 with a total of 3 guards, including incoming recruits.

If you can find a single team, in D1, with only 3 scholarship guards (remember to include the 2019 recruits), I would be interested.

I have yet to find one...but I haven't checked ACC/Big10/et al yet.

Imagine if Brock or Gilder had an injury, we have 1 guard to replace or back them up. We would have to move Kispert to SG.

Very intriguing situation...and obviously unique

I do not have any inside information, but I have zero doubt that the Zags won't add another guard who, at the bare minimum, is an upgrade from Greg Foster. Obviously the coaching staff is well aware of the lack of guards on the roster, and the lack of a great PG. Not only is the staff well aware of this, but it will be well known across all basketball circles, that a certain NCAA tourney team, and potential top 10 team, has a major opening for the right guy. Whether it is a late deciding grad transfer, a transfer or recruit from a team that may be hit with NCAA sanctions/postseason bans in the next month or so (and at least a few will - again no inside info here, but I am confident that is coming based on the leaked info last week - and some dudes will be granted immediate eligibility if they were to transfer), etc.

As has been mentioned, this staff will leave no stone left unturned...and potential players may reach out to GU too due to this opportunity. I am sure the staff has at least a player or three in mind right now.

At worst, the Zags will find a serviceable guard, who would likely still get more minutes than Ravet and Ayayi. Nothing against Brock and Joel, as I think they both could be big contributors to GU in their careers, but I promise you neither of them will be starting in the opening game in November. The Zags are now considered a top destination for transfers, and there is no way that Gilder will be the only one coming in with this type of roster opportunity in Spokane. Ye of no faith trust in this.

Keep an eye on Ryan Woolridge from North Texas. He might be the one. Any thoughts Caldwell?

Thanks for checking back in. Sorry to hear about Thornton, but that's how it goes sometimes.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoZag View Post
    I do not have any inside information, but I have zero doubt that the Zags won't add another guard who, at the bare minimum, is an upgrade from Greg Foster. Obviously the coaching staff is well aware of the lack of guards on the roster, and the lack of a great PG. Not only is the staff well aware of this, but it will be well known across all basketball circles, that a certain NCAA tourney team, and potential top 10 team, has a major opening for the right guy. Whether it is a late deciding grad transfer, a transfer or recruit from a team that may be hit with NCAA sanctions/postseason bans in the next month or so (and at least a few will - again no inside info here, but I am confident that is coming based on the leaked info last week - and some dudes will be granted immediate eligibility if they were to transfer), etc.

As has been mentioned, this staff will leave no stone left unturned...and potential players may reach out to GU too due to this opportunity. I am sure the staff has at least a player or three in mind right now.

At worst, the Zags will find a serviceable guard, who would likely still get more minutes than Ravet and Ayayi. Nothing against Brock and Joel, as I think they both could be big contributors to GU in their careers, but I promise you neither of them will be starting in the opening game in November. The Zags are now considered a top destination for transfers, and there is no way that Gilder will be the only one coming in with this type of roster opportunity in Spokane. Ye of no faith trust in this.
    I think Ravet was going to get good minutes even if we got a grad transfer guard. At this point, I think that Ravet very well may be starting in the opening game in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    Hey, man. Keep your politics to yourself around here. You should change your signature line. I don't know why everyone wants to announce their views on divisive issues to strangers without anyone asking them about it. Same with bump stickers.
    Done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Keep an eye on Ryan Woolridge from North Texas. He might be the one. Any thoughts Caldwell?
    I know nothing about him but his numbers look pretty good. 5 and 5 rebounds and assists per game. great field goal %, low to mid thirties on threes although I dont know on how many attempts. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Done deal.
    Thank you, Sir. Go Zags!

I don't really know much when it comes to recruiting. BUT I do know one thing. Gonzaga will recruit another VERY GOOD guard who's going to help the Zags to another deep run in March. We need a wonderful surprise, and one is coming.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I don't really know much when it comes to recruiting. BUT I do know one thing. Gonzaga will recruit another VERY GOOD guard who's going to help the Zags to another deep run in March. We need a wonderful surprise, and one is coming.

If you don't know much about recruiting, how do you know this?

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    If you don't know much about recruiting, how do you know this?
    I think it is more of an assumption based on prior history. The Zags have never failed at recruiting a glaring need. Last year it was Geno Crandall after the disappointment of losing out to the kid who picked Arizona. Got to have a bit of faith the Zags will come up with a viable option.

sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    sigh
    Can't wait to see the Zag's completed roster for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Can't wait to see the Zag's completed roster for next year.
    I agree. I am super excited and not worried at all. These summer months are the hardest to get through, just waiting for the next season!

Me too!
    I'm hoping Ayayi surprises people this year. I heard that he puts in a TON of work. And we can tell he has the physical tools. Add it together and you could get quite the player. He got here a year early, so he's like a rising sophomore age-wise. We'll see.

Will GU have any visitors this year for Hoopfest?