Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 - Anton Watson Commit

Default 2019 - Anton Watson Commit

I thought we should have a place to put articles and information about the various guys that will be here next year.

Starting with this:

Steven Karr
    ‏ @SKarrG0

Anton Watson with 36 points on 17-21 FG tonight. Full highlight video coming in the morning.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Box Score

Note Liam Lloyd shot 3 threes for 9 points.

Gonzaga Prep will travel to on Friday Dec. 7 at 3:00pm to play Modesto Christian.
    Modesto Christian game will be played 4 p.m., at Chaparral HS, Scottsdale AZ in the Hoophall West tournament. http://www.hoophall.com/events/hoophall-west/schedule/

Note that Dominick Harris' Rancho Christian School is also playing in that tournament. Also, Zag 2020 prospect Julian Strawther of Liberty High School is scheduled to play. Zach Norvell's old school, San Simeon, is also on the docket.

ZN, thank you for posting all the info! Prep is scheduled to play Bishop Gorman?!

I tuned in late. Does anyone know why Jabari Jones is sitting out and not in uniform? Sam Stockton is moved up to varsity already according to Prep’s roster on the school website. Jabari Jones is listed on the roster without a jersey number. Anton needs Jones. I’m really worried about Anton being injured if he has to play too many minutes. Prep doesn’t have many players.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    ZN, thank you for posting all the info! Prep is scheduled to play Bishop Gorman?!

I tuned in late. Does anyone know why Jabari Jones is sitting out and not in uniform? Sam Stockton is moved up to varsity already according to Prep’s roster on the school website. Jabari Jones is listed on the roster without a jersey number. Anton needs Jones. I’m really worried about Anton being injured if he has to play too many minutes. Prep doesn’t have many players.
    I believe he has a serious knee injury.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

This listing of the top 100 high school basketball teams has G-Prep at #15: https://www.usbasket.com/High-School...asp?list=teams

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I believe he has a serious knee injury.
    That’s what I’ve heard as well. Also, it’s Jamaari not Jabari.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    This listing of the top 100 high school basketball teams has G-Prep at #15: https://www.usbasket.com/High-School...asp?list=teams
    Wow, that’s amazing on two fronts.
    First, that they’re ranked so high at 15.
    Secondly, that they’re ranked so high at 44.
    The reserves must be elite.

Anton in Beast Mode, dropped 36 points against Mt.Spokane
    Check out @InsideTheKennel’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/InsideTheKennel/...366500358?s=09

The local kid could prove to be the best of the bunch.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

"but but but, the level of competition!"

Going to love to see what he can do here

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    That’s what I’ve heard as well. Also, it’s Jamaari not Jabari.
    Thank you for the correction. I shouldn’t post when I’m tired.
    Parlez-vous français?

Spokesman-Review game story: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...s-gonzaga-pre/

Gonzaga Prep’s Anton Watson scores on a reverse layup against Mt. Spokane in the Greater Spokane League opener for both teams on Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2018 at Mt. Spokane HS. Watson scored 36 points and G-Prep won 64-44. (Cheryl Nichols / For The Spokesman-Review)

That he's not a consensus 5 star prospect is a joke, but that will probably change by the end of the season. I think he's our next one and done. Legit top 5 pick potential in my opinion

Interesting news: I just noticed that G Prep's games at Hoophall will be streamed live on ESPN+, which I have on subscription for the rest of the month.

Modesto Christian at 2 PM Friday, Dec. 7
    Bishop Gorman at 3 PM Saturday, Dec. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    That he's not a consensus 5 star prospect is a joke, but that will probably change by the end of the season. I think he's our next one and done. Legit top 5 pick potential in my opinion
    Agreed and agreed.

Thx for posting! I liked G Prep Coach McIntyre's comments regarding Anton Watson:

McIntyre said the future will take care of itself.

“At this stage of the game, I don’t project forward on who Anton’s going to be,” he said. “I just try to live in the present with who he is today and try to serve him and help him in ways on the court, and perhaps ways I can help him grow off the court as well.”

Anton is going to be a great Zag!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Sure sounds like he has a great chance to hit the court running once he gets to GU - what with being around the program a lot and how well G-Prep is playing team ball too. Thanks for the link!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Agreed and agreed.
    Do you guys see him as an sf or pf?

I didn't know this:

“I’ve been working on my guard skills all summer,” he said. “Next year, I think, it’s probably the position I’ll be playing mostly. I’ve been working on all my outside stuff.”
    I don't suspect he's just taking a wild guess at where they project him. Surely that's what he's been told.

Which is interesting. And exciting.

Neat kid. Quite a story.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Do you guys see him as an sf or pf?
    Both for sure. He projects as a 3 in the NBA, and normally I'd see him playing the 4 at Gonzaga, but because of the ridiculous amount of talent in the frontcourt next year, I'm hoping we'll see him at the 3 quite a bit during his GU career. He's going to be a match-up nightmare at either position

There's a thread in the new Recruiting forum all about Anton:

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...-Watson-Thread
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by DagsZags View Post
    Both for sure. He projects as a 3 in the NBA, and normally I'd see him playing the 4 at Gonzaga, but because of the ridiculous amount of talent in the frontcourt next year, I'm hoping we'll see him at the 3 quite a bit during his GU career. He's going to be a match-up nightmare at either position
    In the article posted in the main forum, he says he's working on his guard skills bc that's what he'll mostly be playing at GU.

By "guard skills" I guess he could still mean SF, but it sure sounds like "guard" skills, same word even.

I was shocked.

Kid is built like a college sophomore already.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Is Gonzaga Prep ranked 15th or 44th?

I went ahead and merged both the Anton Threads. I am going to rename this one with a similar layout as the other recruits, but it will say commit at the end.