Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where’s the schadenfreude?

Nico Mannion, we have plenty of playing time for you here, buddy.
    Last edited by JPtheBeasta; 04-25-2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Nico Manion, we have plenty of playing time for you here, buddy.
    Too late....already on payroll

Miller probably just got return calls from a bunch of five star kids, dying to be tutored by him. He’s the Gangsta Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Miller probably just got return calls from a bunch of five star kids, dying to be tutored by him. He’s the Gangsta Coach.
    Oddly, Miller has become untouchable.

He probably feels invincible at this point.

Why would he stop paying recruits when he can get away with it so easily, and those 5* kids keep on signing, even when they are 3 deep at the position.

Very odd ordeal with him and the AZ administration.

It is also possible that he has done nothing wrong.... the school investigate it and put their reputation on the line to support him.... lets see a charge (legal or NCAA) lets see a finding of facts....I don't care for Miller.....IMHO he is the gangsta coach...the zip them up coach... but he has his rights....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    It is also possible that he has done nothing wrong.... the school investigate it and put their reputation on the line to support him.... lets see a charge (legal or NCAA) lets see a finding of facts....I don't care for Miller.....IMHO he is the gangsta coach...the zip them up coach... but he has his rights....
    I thought the article was well written and the author makes the point that the comments about Miller by Dawkins could have been bluster to enhance his own standing at the expense of Miller. If you’ll pardon the expression, I don’t think it’s a nail in the coffin, but there’s a guy measuring Miller to see what size his box needs to be.

Hell....I believed Nixon till they played the tapes !!

Miller could be completely innocent....but aren’t coaches held accountable for what their staff gets caught doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Miller could be completely innocent....but aren’t coaches held accountable for what their staff gets caught doing?
    Ask Old Roy ??

what’s happening in our DOJ currently gonna make ya forget about that little plumber leak. )

He did say he wasn’t a crook. What more could you possibly want from the guy??!!

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    What more could you possibly want from the guy??!!

"4 more years?"
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

what’s happening in our DOJ currently gonna make ya forget about that little plumber leak. )
    Yep. Heads are going to roll.

I was making a joke about the most famous self incriminating tapes in our history....not proposing some loony conspiracy theory...
    Last edited by bartruff1; 04-26-2019 at 07:59 AM.

I was making a joke about the most famous self incriminating tapes in our history....not proposing some loony conspiracy theory...
    I knew you were joking and took it that way.

This is supposed to be a new component of NCAA investigations. That head coaches can longer use this as an excuse (I didn't know my assistant was doing that).

There's another reason why it's important that something like this be adopted. There have been situations with investigations in the past where assistants have been fired in order retain the head coach when in fact the head coach committed the violation. It is a malicious, callous tactic used by a university to make it falsely appear that a rogue assistant is singularly responsible for the tainting of the school's reputation. Often such assistants never work their way back into college coaching.

Bart, much of our history is barely taught today. Wouldn't surprise me if the following quote slipped by over half of today's students:

One of my BILs teaches middle school history. He likes to mess with his class, to see if they are paying attention. For example, he started out a discussion of the Louisiana Purchase with Napoleon conversing with Thomas Jefferson on Snapchat. The kids didn't catch on for about a minute.

Lincoln Tweet to General George McLellen...."Your Fired"!!
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    This is supposed to be a new component of NCAA investigations. That head coaches can longer use this as an excuse (I didn't know my assistant was doing that).

There's another reason why it's important that something like this be adopted. There have been situations with investigations in the past where assistants have been fired in order retain the head coach when in fact the head coach committed the violation. It is a malicious, callous tactic used by a university to make it falsely appear that a rogue assistant is singularly responsible for the tainting of the school's reputation. Often such assistants never work their way back into college coaching.
    great post man, thank you. seems plenty of this stuff going on robustly in lots of places

I'll never understand how Miller has managed to not be fired. A longtime underachieving coach whose AZ teams are getting worse and worse and is front and center in an investigation which is going to HAMMER the Wildcats' program in all likelihood when the investigation finishes. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by jpn17 View Post
    I'll never understand how Miller has managed to not be fired. A longtime underachieving coach whose AZ teams are getting worse and worse and is front and center in an investigation which is going to HAMMER the Wildcats' program in all likelihood when the investigation finishes. Unreal.
    AD better be watching out for "lack of institutional control" finding.

Quote Originally Posted by jpn17 View Post
    Meanwhile, the recruiting is getting better and better.

Arizona 2019 Class is ranked 2ND in the Nation, behind only Duke.

Its the weirdest ordeal in college hoops at the moment.

For all we know, he's still allowing or orchestrating shady recruiting principles considering the Administration has looked the other way, and NCAA drags their feet.

Sean Edward Miller....likable huckster extraordinaire selling basketball dreams to youngsters as his crew gets thrown under the bus while Sean plays victim card to administrators.

just a matter of time

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Meanwhile, the recruiting is getting better and better.

Arizona 2019 Class is ranked 2ND in the Nation, behind only Duke.

Its the weirdest ordeal in college hoops at the moment.

For all we know, he's still allowing or orchestrating shady recruiting principles considering the Administration has looked the other way, and NCAA drags their feet.
    These players know where the money is, and are flocking to Tucson. They're betting the money train will continue for one more year, then it's off to the pros.