Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are the streaks over ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Please tell me the news involves a player with initials JS from Minnesota? )
    Try DJ and AG.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    One. GonzaGAW said:
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    . . .my 'one bold prediction' for next year is that this in coming class 19-20, will carry the s-16 streak to 6 in a row, and then onto 7, 8 or 9, which will set the all time record for consecutive s-16's in the ncaa 64 expanded field format.

Two. Then Reno said:
    RenoZag
    My "one bold prediction" is the Zags will make the tournament. . .as a Play In Game participant. . .a nod to Few and a consolation prize for losing so much talent from the 2018-19 squad. They will win two games and the Sweet 16 streak will come to an end.

Three. Then ZagsGoZags said:
    Hi Reno,
    If we win in round of 64, we go to round of 32.
    If we win round of 32, doesn't that mean we play the next game in the Sweet 16?
    That is, if we win two then lose didn't we make the Sweet 16 that year?
    Not claiming to know, that's why I am asking.

Four. Then willandi said:

Five: Then ZagsGoZags is saying:
    I know. If you win the game of Round 32, you will play in the Sweet 16 game. Help me out here Reno.
    or anybody please
    Confused
    I am working on being a more all around square.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagsker View Post
    Confused
    Reno said,
    My "one bold prediction" is the Zags will make the tournament. . .as a Play In Game participant. . .a nod to Few and a consolation prize for losing so much talent from the 2018-19 squad. They will win two games and the Sweet 16 streak will come to an end.
    If Gonzaga is in a play in game and wins, and wins 1 more time in the field on 64, that would be 2 wins in March Madness. We would hear about the Few 32 again, if Gonzaga loses in the round of 32.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

to the OP...maybe

as usual it will depend on the staff 's ability to develop the talent they've assembled. one thing we KNOW is that Gonzaga relies on its ability to develop the talent, not just exploit it. That's a big reason I'm a fan

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Btw was on campus yesterday afternoon (and again this morning) TZF.

FWIW I’m thinking this could be a VERY good weekend for GU Men’s Basketball. Of course as always the caveat of “nothing’s in the bag until it is in the bag” should be remembered.
    Nice.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Still hell no
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.