Gonzaga’s Filip Petrusev submits name for NBA Draft, but plans on returning to school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radbooks
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2007

Gonzaga’s Filip Petrusev submits name for NBA Draft, but plans on returning to school

Saw this before work this morning and was surprised it never made it to the board here!

“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus
  • sylean
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2010

Gonzaga seems to get top recruits and if they have a chance to make a lot of money thru a narrow window of opportunity, its all good...

however I do miss the guys who perhaps were not flashy but stayed the 4 yrs.....it seems it would be difficult to run a program with players popping in and popping out......

are we becoming Kentucky?

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Just wondering if any of these guys actually watch NBA games and be able to see where they are as players in comparison.

Comment

• willandi
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
        Just wondering if any of these guys actually watch NBA games and be able to see where they are as players in comparison.
        I doubt it. I am sure they don't even LIKE basketball.
        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• White lightning
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by willandi View Post
          I doubt it. I am sure they don't even LIKE basketball.
          Awsome response!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Zagsker
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2008

What exactly happens in a predraft process? If it involves getting a SWAT analysis from an NBA scout on your game you gotta imagine some scouts are put off a little by having to provide to anyone who asks for the coming draft

Just give em a DVD of NBA highlights and say "can you do this consistently." With an ending credit that reads "no."
            I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• willandi
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Zagsker View Post
              What exactly happens in a predraft process? If it involves getting a SWAT analysis from an NBA scout on your game you gotta imagine some scouts are put off a little by having to provide to anyone who asks for the coming draft

Just give em a DVD of NBA highlights and say "can you do this consistently." With an ending credit that reads "no."
              I don't know, but I think there is a finite number invited to the combine. Other than that, probably have scrimmages and try to show off a little, but that is a total guess.

Comment

• willandi
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

Athletes attend by invitation only

Comment

• willandi
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

The NBA draft combine has arrived. So how do prospects get ready for it? The Crossover asked former agent Matt Babcock to help navigate the pre-draft process.

Comment

• willandi
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

The NBA and G League will introduce a new scouting event before the NBA Draft Combine in May. While it's a step in the right direction, draft hopefuls would benefit from more radical changes.

Comment

• MDABE80
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Change of rules will likely cause every kid and his dog showing up. I wonder how many will get A good look due to the sheer volume of players!

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                        Change of rules will likely cause every kid and his dog showing up. I wonder how many will get A good look due to the sheer volume of players!
                        Big D's dog is ready! lol

Comment

• MDABE80
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Pretty dog. I had one like this one.Half Rott and half Dobbie. Among the best dog I've had.

Comment

• jake
                            Kennel Club Alum
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                            I agree. At some point the "benefit" of an evaluation is going to go away as there is a finite number of players teams can evaluate, and as much as I like Petrusev's potential, why would a scout/team spend much time looking at him now? While not intending to be critical, even under the new rules, I don't really see the point of Petrusev declaring. On the other hand, there's really no drawback, so maybe that's the point.

Comment

• Zagceo
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2013

It Petrusev is as good in practice as advertised by some on this board (never misses).....my bold prediction for this years draft.....Petrusev gets drafted. kills it at the combine

Teams draft for potential and offense. GM's watching Collins in playoffs might get enticed. just a WAG

watch those Duke highlights again

Comment

Working...
                              X