Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Gonzaga’s Filip Petrusev submits name for NBA Draft, but plans on returning to school

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tri-Cities
    Posts
    1,769

    Default Gonzaga’s Filip Petrusev submits name for NBA Draft, but plans on returning to school

    Saw this before work this morning and was surprised it never made it to the board here!

    https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...for-nba-draft/
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

    ~ Desiderius Erasmus

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    Gonzaga seems to get top recruits and if they have a chance to make a lot of money thru a narrow window of opportunity, its all good...

    however I do miss the guys who perhaps were not flashy but stayed the 4 yrs.....it seems it would be difficult to run a program with players popping in and popping out......

    are we becoming Kentucky?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,638

    Default

    Just wondering if any of these guys actually watch NBA games and be able to see where they are as players in comparison.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Just wondering if any of these guys actually watch NBA games and be able to see where they are as players in comparison.
    I doubt it. I am sure they don't even LIKE basketball.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I doubt it. I am sure they don't even LIKE basketball.
    Awsome response!!!

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    What exactly happens in a predraft process? If it involves getting a SWAT analysis from an NBA scout on your game you gotta imagine some scouts are put off a little by having to provide to anyone who asks for the coming draft

    Just give em a DVD of NBA highlights and say "can you do this consistently." With an ending credit that reads "no."
    I am working on being a more all around square.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagsker View Post
    What exactly happens in a predraft process? If it involves getting a SWAT analysis from an NBA scout on your game you gotta imagine some scouts are put off a little by having to provide to anyone who asks for the coming draft

    Just give em a DVD of NBA highlights and say "can you do this consistently." With an ending credit that reads "no."
    I don't know, but I think there is a finite number invited to the combine. Other than that, probably have scrimmages and try to show off a little, but that is a total guess.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,104

    Default

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Draft_Combine

    Athletes attend by invitation only
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,104

    Default

    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,104

    Default

    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,791

    Default

    Change of rules will likely cause every kid and his dog showing up. I wonder how many will get A good look due to the sheer volume of players!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Change of rules will likely cause every kid and his dog showing up. I wonder how many will get A good look due to the sheer volume of players!
    Big D's dog is ready! lol


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,791

    Default

    Pretty dog. I had one like this one.Half Rott and half Dobbie. Among the best dog I've had.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Change of rules will likely cause every kid and his dog showing up. I wonder how many will get A good look due to the sheer volume of players!
    I agree. At some point the "benefit" of an evaluation is going to go away as there is a finite number of players teams can evaluate, and as much as I like Petrusev's potential, why would a scout/team spend much time looking at him now? While not intending to be critical, even under the new rules, I don't really see the point of Petrusev declaring. On the other hand, there's really no drawback, so maybe that's the point.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,049

    Default

    It Petrusev is as good in practice as advertised by some on this board (never misses).....my bold prediction for this years draft.....Petrusev gets drafted. kills it at the combine

    Teams draft for potential and offense. GM's watching Collins in playoffs might get enticed. just a WAG

    watch those Duke highlights again

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    It Petrusev is as good in practice as advertised by some on this board (never misses).....my bold prediction for this years draft.....Petrusev gets drafted. kills it at the combine

    Teams draft for potential and offense. GM's watching Collins in playoffs might get enticed. just a WAG

    watch those Duke highlights again
    And maybe gets stashed in Europe a few years, a la San Antonio.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    It Petrusev is as good in practice as advertised by some on this board (never misses).....my bold prediction for this years draft.....Petrusev gets drafted. kills it at the combine
    I'm not saying this is you Zagceo, but just to make sure everyone is clear on the new draft rules:


    Players can hire an agent and still choose to return to school, BUT

    Players have to decide if they're officially staying in the draft or not by May 29.


    In other words, someone like Filip can't find out if he gets drafted or not and then return to school if he's not. If he stays in the draft, he's stuck moving on and can't come back even if he isn't drafted.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •