Thread: Max Hazzard

Default Max Hazzard

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/04/...seven-schools/

Would be a great get for our program imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SageOfZagville View Post
    https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/04/...seven-schools/

Would be a great get for our program imo.
    More here: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...76#post1456476
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Wonder how many of those schools would be able to tell him, if you come here, you will pretty much be running the show out there..
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift..."

--Steve Prefontaine--

Quote Originally Posted by meadgrad02 View Post
    Wonder how many of those schools would be able to tell him, if you come here, you will pretty much be running the show out there..
    It's kind of a sad state of affairs up in the Inland NW... As I reminisce on how we got here, that Brandon Williams dog and pony show ended up being a pretty disappointing deal. It would have been nice to have an understudy for Josh last year to take over this year.

So we are left needing a guy who can come in for one year, get us through 2019, and hand the reins over to Dominick Harris et al in 2020. It has been facetiously mentioned that with the embarrassment of riches in 2020 they will only need somebody to roll the ball out. This may be true, and we may need it to be the case. Dominick Harris was great consolation to loosing out on Brandon Williams and I am extremely happy to see him play for GU. He might even declare early and play in 2019, which would seem to be a boon to GU and solve our worries at PG. However, some around here don't think he is ready to play yet, and also don't think he's a point guard. Suggs, the prospect we are waiting on bated breath to hear from to learn if a) he will choose basketball over football and b) will choose GU, is listed as a combo guard by 247 Sports. The same website also describes him as a score-first player who can also distribute. Dom Harris' dad describes his son as a positionless guy who is a scorer and can play PG in the mold of Damian Lilliard. Ravet, the most obvious replacement right now for Perkins, is a highly controversial character around here due to his lack of lateral quickness and apparent lack of ability to defend D1 point guards. Norvell, another option for 2019, is a shooting guard with long arms and a somewhat loose handle, and who is also a score first guy. He knows the system and has played in many high-level games, and has shown good passing ability, but has declared for the NBA. Ayayi showed promise and a good feel for the game in the 2 minutes per blowout that he got to play last year, and looks to be very quick,but easily pushed around easily at the college level due to his slightness of frame.

One of the things that gives me respite from my anxieties about all of this is that despite all of the fancy dribbling and passing, all-time career GU assist numbers, and fantastic career college win total, Josh Perkins apparently wasn't a point guard either.

"In Few We Trust"" has been a reliable motto for me around here, and aside from dropping a few feet in the Demeteri Goodson years, to be buttressed nicely by the appearance of a walk-on with NBA pedigree with the build and face of a junior high kid, the sky has never fallen. The good news with all of this in the event that the sky does start falling: as the rain clouds get ever closer, their silver linings will be easier to see. And if in the off chance it also rains lemons*, I know how to make lemonade.

*For the skeptics in the crowd, it could happen, although I think Sharknado highly fictionalized this phenomenon:
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4371433/c...raining-frogs/
    https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/myste...ningfrogs.html

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    It's kind of a sad state of affairs up in the Inland NW... As I reminisce on how we got here, that Brandon Williams dog and pony show ended up being a pretty disappointing deal. It would have been nice to have an understudy for Josh last year to take over this year.

So we are left needing a guy who can come in for one year, get us through 2019, and hand the reins over to Dominick Harris et al in 2020. It has been facetiously mentioned that with the embarrassment of riches in 2020 they will only need somebody to roll the ball out. This may be true, and we may need it to be the case. Dominick Harris was great consolation to loosing out on Brandon Williams and I am extremely happy to see him play for GU. He might even declare early and play in 2019, which would seem to be a boon to GU and solve our worries at PG. However, some around here don't think he is ready to play yet, and also don't think he's a point guard. Suggs, the prospect we are waiting on bated breath to hear from to learn if a) he will choose basketball over football and b) will choose GU, is listed as a combo guard by 247 Sports. The same website also describes him as a score-first player who can also distribute. Dom Harris' dad describes his son as a positionless guy who is a scorer and can play PG in the mold of Damian Lilliard. Ravet, the most obvious replacement right now for Perkins, is a highly controversial character around here due to his lack of lateral quickness and apparent lack of ability to defend D1 point guards. Norvell, another option for 2019, is a shooting guard with long arms and a somewhat loose handle, and who is also a score first guy. He knows the system and has played in many high-level games, and has shown good passing ability, but has declared for the NBA. Ayayi showed promise and a good feel for the game in the 2 minutes per blowout that he got to play last year, and looks to be very quick,but easily pushed around easily at the college level due to his slightness of frame.

One of the things that gives me respite from my anxieties about all of this is that despite all of the fancy dribbling and passing, all-time career GU assist numbers, and fantastic career college win total, Josh Perkins apparently wasn't a point guard either.

"In Few We Trust"" has been a reliable motto for me around here, and aside from dropping a few feet in the Demeteri Goodson years, to be buttressed nicely by the appearance of a walk-on with NBA pedigree with the build and face of a junior high kid, the sky has never fallen. The good news with all of this in the event that the sky does start falling: as the rain clouds get ever closer, their silver linings will be easier to see. And if in the off chance it also rains lemons*, I know how to make lemonade.

*For the skeptics in the crowd, it could happen, although I think Sharknado highly fictionalized this phenomenon:
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4371433/c...raining-frogs/
    https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/myste...ningfrogs.html
    I would love a Meech right now to come in off the bench at least. He was a good defender and fast, moved okay with decent handle, no shot.

My respect for Meech shot up after he made a tough call, battled injury, re-learned a position and made it to the NFL. Tells me a little as to what he brought to the team behind the scenes while he was here.

And, I know who I would pick out of his list if I was Max Hazard, taking the actual "Gonzaga" out of the equation and simply looking at A) Chance to win and make tourney, B) immediate need, playing time, C) proven ability with transfers. To me, out of his list, it is a no brainer. Only Arizona seems even sorta in our league and a big gamble on what all happens, maybe Minnesota presents a "good" decision, but seems an obvious step-down compared to what we offer.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I would love a Meech right now to come in off the bench at least. He was a good defender and fast, moved okay with decent handle, no shot.

My respect for Meech shot up after he made a tough call, battled injury, re-learned a position and made it to the NFL. Tells me a little as to what he brought to the team behind the scenes while he was here.

And, I know who I would pick out of his list if I was Max Hazard, taking the actual "Gonzaga" out of the equation and simply looking at A) Chance to win and make tourney, B) immediate need, playing time, C) proven ability with transfers. To me, out of his list, it is a no brainer. Only Arizona seems even sorta in our league and a big gamble on what all happens, maybe Minnesota presents a "good" decision, but seems an obvious step-down compared to what we offer.
    As we’ve seen in many of our successes, it’s nice to have guards that can score. Quite nice, and almost necessary (recognizing there can be exceptions, of course).

Meech wasn’t a poor teammate, but he wasn’t a great one either. He was no ambassador for GU after he left, which is unusual. That’s all I’m going to say on the matter.

Max Hazzard is a great name, sounds like a video game or a super hero.
    " You gotta love the one who loves you "

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Max Hazzard is a great name, sounds like a video game or a super hero.
    Sure does. Just needs the Zag hair.

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    40s40 seconds ago
    More
    UC Irvine transfer Max Hazzard has committed to Arizona after visiting last week, a source told @Stockrisers. When I spoke to him prior to Arizona visit, it was the only scheduled visit he had.

A lot of talented guards for Sean Miller on his roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    40s40 seconds ago
    More
    UC Irvine transfer Max Hazzard has committed to Arizona after visiting last week, a source told @Stockrisers. When I spoke to him prior to Arizona visit, it was the only scheduled visit he had.

A lot of talented guards for Sean Miller on his roster.

Like moths to a dumpster fire.

But has the check cleared? Does this push Brandon to 3d string?

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Like moths to a dumpster fire.

Not a point guard

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    But has the check cleared? Does this push Brandon to 3d string?
    Would that be considered hazard pay?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-miller-others

At one point in the June 6, 2017, recording, Dawkins -- who is on trial for having allegedly bribed college coaches -- talks about incoming Arizona player Deandre Ayton, and says Miller told him, "I'm taking care of everything myself. I wanna bring you in. I'll turn everything over to you."

The recording played while prosecutors questioned former financial advisor Marty Blazer, who was present for the conversation and said the reference was about Miller "taking care" of payments for Ayton.

"Sean Miller has to know everything that's going on. I can call Sean and have a conversation ... like this is what is needing to be done," Dawkins said on the video. He said that Miller is, "talking on the phone about stuff he shouldn't be talking on the phone about."

Miller gets Max Hazzard on court while facing minimum hazard in court....so far

Nothing to see here, move on. Sean the Chimp is Teflon.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-miller-others

At one point in the June 6, 2017, recording, Dawkins -- who is on trial for having allegedly bribed college coaches -- talks about incoming Arizona player Deandre Ayton, and says Miller told him, "I'm taking care of everything myself. I wanna bring you in. I'll turn everything over to you."

The recording played while prosecutors questioned former financial advisor Marty Blazer, who was present for the conversation and said the reference was about Miller "taking care" of payments for Ayton.

"Sean Miller has to know everything that's going on. I can call Sean and have a conversation ... like this is what is needing to be done," Dawkins said on the video. He said that Miller is, "talking on the phone about stuff he shouldn't be talking on the phone about."

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Nothing to see here, move on. Sean the Chimp is Teflon.
    No way. He can't survive this. If he does, there is something very wrong with this world.

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    No way. He can't survive this. If he does, there is something very wrong with this world.
    He should hire Jussie Smollett's attorney.

It is my opinion that since the NCAA did absolutely nothing to UNC over a 20 year academic scandal then they won't do anything here either...no probation, no loss of scholarships and no firing of coaches...

AZ, KU, UL et al will not be penalized!

UL lost it's coach to being stupid three times...he struck out and deservedly so...Miller and Self will survive and flourish

Money dictates every day life...

A bit off topic I'm sure.. but I can't see any way the NCAA doesn't hammer these programs under the FBI spotlight. These testimonies are UNDER OATH with the threat of perjury. The NCAA will have to take the testimony given at trial weighted as such. The testimony under oath of a Federal investigation, in Federal court, will weigh so much more than any interview the NCAA could get on their own.

Therefore, I see the a big giant THOR-like hammer dropping on AZ, KU, LSU, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyZag View Post
    A bit off topic I'm sure.. but I can't see any way the NCAA doesn't hammer these programs under the FBI spotlight. These testimonies are UNDER OATH with the threat of perjury. The NCAA will have to take the testimony given at trial weighted as such. The testimony under oath of a Federal investigation, in Federal court, will weigh so much more than any interview the NCAA could get on their own.

Therefore, I see the a big giant THOR-like hammer dropping on AZ, KU, LSU, etc. etc.
    This probably needs its own thread, but...

Chances are the NCAA knows no more about the investigations than we do. The FBI is aware that the NCAA has vested interests in the blue bloods maintaining their viability and would be concerned that NCAA would tip the schools off if it helped their cause.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    This probably needs its own thread, but...

Chances are the NCAA knows no more about the investigations than we do. The FBI is aware that the NCAA has vested interests in the blue bloods maintaining their viability and would be concerned that NCAA would tip the schools off if it helped their cause.
    Agree about it's own thread; however, I believe when asked by the NCAA the FBI said they would not release the transcripts or evidence to the NCAA...

I think the NCAA is like an ostrich in that it likes to keep it's head in a hole so it can ignore wrong doings by Blue Bloods...

I am not really surprised that Max Hazzard chose UA...there are some silver-tongued coaches at that school, if they can convince a player to sign with them, knowing there is so much speculation about wrong doings at that school. It would seem that AZ, KU, LSU, USC are not worried in the least that any sanctions will be forthcoming, otherwise WHY would recruits flock to these schools?