Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tillie declares for NBA draft....

Default Tillie declares for NBA draft....

according to a Jim Meehan tweet at about 8:55 PDT:

Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    3m
    Gonzaga's Killian Tillie has declared for the NBA Draft. Fourth Zag to declare this week.

More from Meehan: Jim Meehan

Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    5m
    Tillie (pt. 1): "I have informed Coach Few that I wish to take advantage of the new NCAA rules and enter my name into the NBA Draft. Playing in the NBA has been a long term goal of mine and I know I have a unique opportunity to fulfill this dream.
    @SRJimm
    ·
    2m
    Tillie (pt. 2): "I plan to take the pre-draft process extremely seriously. I want to thank Coach Few and the coaching staff for their backing on this decision, along with the support and love from my family."

Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    2m
    Tillie (pt. 3): "I also want to thank my teammates for three incredible years, along with the most amazing fans in the country at Gonzaga.”

Jackson Frank

@jackfrank_jjf
    4m4 minutes ago
    More
    Killian Tillie I’m declaring for the NBA Draft: “I have informed Coach Few that I wish to take advantage of the new NCAA rules and enter my name into the NBA Draft. Playing in the NBA has been a long term goal of mine and I know I have a unique opportunity to fulfill this dream.”

I think Tillie and Norvell will return. I’d love Brandon to as well, selfishly, but I think he needs to strike while the iron is hot.

The most early enrollees of any team in NCAA this year.

Duke had 3. We have 4.

This team shoulda won the National Championship.

I saw Zach as the most likely to return. I’m getting the vibe that he won’t return. Lots if shoes to fill. We have the bodies to fill positions 3-5.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    I saw Zach as the most likely to return. I’m getting the vibe that he won’t return. Lots if shoes to fill. We have the bodies to fill positions 3-5.

This team is going to be so young next season. I hope Captain Kispert can be the leader that I think he is capable of.

Good luck!

Thanks for the memories.

Have a feeling, of the 4 (4!), Tillie returns...

He seems the most open in his comments and announcement of returning imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post

Duke had 3. We have 4.

There’s a slight difference between Top 5-10 recruits and anybody who’s ever enrolled at Gonzaga. Ever. Yes GU could have gone further this past season. But they didn’t. And neither did Duke.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

The espn blurb on this says Tillies only testing the waters. I’m thinking with the injuries he’s had, he’ll be back .

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...a-draft-waters
    Last edited by MDABE80; 04-22-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
    I think Tillie and Norvell will return. I’d love Brandon to as well, selfishly, but I think he needs to strike while the iron is hot.
    +1

I think this is what will eventually occur, despite the resplendent announcements from Tillie and Norvell. The NBA guys are going to tell Tillie, "We aren't selecting you where you could be selected until you prove to us that that you can stay healthy for an entire season." As for Norvell, he has clear improvements that need to be made, but there are so many of them that he is better off staying at GU. The NBA nor the G-league are equipped to deal with all of the improvements he needs to make. Pretty sure that's the message he will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post

Duke had 3. We have 4.

make that 5 with Petrusev

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    make that 5 with Petrusev
    It is too bad the Zags had the 4 seniors graduate. The entire team of 13 schollie and the 4 walk-ons' could have declared...making it 17! That would be a hard record to beat.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Lot of Zag fans will learn all about these nba draft rules won’t they? Haven’t had to even know what they are really LMAO
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

The statement expressly notes that he's "taking advantage of the rules" and thus, he's acknowledging the reality that he can come back, meaning he's "taking the process very seriously" and will hear what he needs. If he doesn't need anything for 2-3 teams, well, then good luck, he made the right call.

For now, he's making the only smart move in my mind. I would recommend going through it. And given that they're allowed to now hire an agent and STILL return, I'd damn sure recommend he hire someone who knows the lay of the land, someone coach Few trusts, and then I'd listen to the people I respect who have been through it, and then make a decision.

It sounds to me like he's intending to do correctly.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
    Yeah that’s about right I think. Here’s what I believe the NBA chances are for these guys for 2020:

Clarke—100%
    Rui—100%
    Tillie—30%
    Zach—10%

I think Norvell and Tillie are just testing the waters, but of the two Tills is more ready for the next level. If he can impress at the combines it just might happen.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

We shouldn't forget about the possibility of pro ball in Europe (including volleyball, considering the pedigree). There was chatter about him not liking school and leaving early since almost day one. Did any of that change?

Kevin Chouinard

@KLChouinard
    49m49 minutes ago
    More
    Players in Hawks workout tomorrow:
    Nathan Knight (William & Mary) – F/C – 6-10, 247
    Anthony Lamb (Vermont) – F – 6-6, 227
    Andrew Nembhard (Florida) – G – 6-5, 191
    Kouat Noi (TCU) – F – 6-7, 205
    D’Marcus Simonds (Georgia St.) – G – 6-3, 195
    Killian Tillie (Gonzaga) – F – 6-10, 220

Apparently Tillie was unable to finish his workout due to injury. I do not know how to link the tweet or else I would. It was put out there by a Hawks writer, Brad Rowland. No details on what the injury was or severity.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Hope he is ok.

Brad Rowland

Verified account

@BTRowland
    Follow Follow @BTRowland
    More
    Neither Simonds nor Gonzaga's Killian Tillie finished their workouts as a result of injury today.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Apparently Tillie was unable to finish his workout due to injury. I do not know how to link the tweet or else I would. It was put out there by a Hawks writer, Brad Rowland. No details on what the injury was or severity.
    This really puts a damper on my day. I really want Killian to succeed at the highest level. When healthy, I know he is capable. Hang in there Killian.

Like a Greek or Shakespearean tragedy...

Brad RowlandVerified account @BTRowlandFollowFollow
    @BTRowland

More

Neither Simonds nor Gonzaga's Killian Tillie finished their workouts as a result of injury today.

9:05 AM - 3 May 2019
    injury bug bites again

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Hope he is ok.

Brad Rowland

Verified account

@BTRowland
    Follow Follow @BTRowland
    More
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    injury bug bites again
    What the....?

Unreal. Unlucky.

Couldn't feel worse for a guy.
    Last edited by raise the zag; 05-03-2019 at 09:49 AM.