Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tillie declares for NBA draft....

If injured for any significant amount of time...does that make it more or less likely that he returns to GU? What do y'all think?

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    If injured for any significant amount of time...does that make it more or less likely that he returns to GU? What do y'all think?
    Don't know. At this point it's irrelevant to me. Killian is my concern. Praying for him.

Haven't heard much about what the injury is. For all we know it could be a pulled hammy. That being said, it certainly isn't helping his stock.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Sounds connected. Maybe just bumped noggins or knees. I’m sure pro teams are hyper cautious

Terrible news. Hopefully minor and he can get right back to it.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

T.H.A.T

S.U.C.K.S
    But we don't play nobody.

Major red flag with his health. We can say unlucky yet some players are forever injury prone. I sincerely hope Tillie isn't one of those players yet if the past is any indication. Many of the best talents have been cursed with a rash of endless injuries.

I just hope he can find a streak of injury-free play long enough to get a contract somewhere. Even Europe would pass on him right now or only offer no guarantee, purely incentive based contract.

This latest injury could be minor as mentioned above.

Ita cringe worthy sad news with Tillie too often.

Tillie would probably be better off learning poker. He is going to really have to decide what's best, be crippled as a 40 year old, or... not.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Tillie would probably be better off learning poker. He is going to really have to decide what's best, be crippled as a 40 year old, or... not.
    Might be time for him to consider going into the family business, the one with the little white ball and the eight foot net. Non contact sport might be the best option for him.

What a shame. So fun to watch play when healthy, but at least he has options.

Wait and see, might not be much...

prayers and good vibes for Killian........so thankful you came to Gonzaga.

I would find it immensely depressing to like something, to be really good at it, and have it support myself and my family, only to have the body fall apart on you impeding that purpose you set for yourself. I feel as though Andrew Lloyd Webber should make a sequel to Evita and call it "Tillie."
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    With the luck he's having, I'm not sure I'd recommend poker either.

bummer, really feel for him

my athletic career was defined by injuries. every time I reached new plateaus in ability and opportunity, I tore my hamstring, or wrecked my knee, got a concussion, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    Noooo! Poor Killian. With luck like this...

We wonder if he'll be back.. As this injury history continues to unfold, he may not be anywhere on any team. I hope he's finishing school. As much as I have hopes for the kid, school and a job may be his best bet. Horrible outcome but that may be the verdict.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 05-05-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Well that is a standard injury that just about every player gets likely at least once a season. Definitely not an injury that either an NBA team or GU would fret about. Timing stinks for Killian... but not something people would see as a chronic problem. May or may not impact his staying in the draft.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Thanks for the post LIZF...I thought the Boards were down last night, though most of the activity is in the Whelping Box...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Well that is a standard injury that just about every player gets likely at least once a season. Definitely not an injury that either an NBA team or GU would fret about. Timing stinks for Killian... but not something people would see as a chronic problem. May or may not impact his staying in the draft.
    Biggest concern with Tillie for NBA scouts: Tillie’s injuries, overall health, and ability to stay healthy over a long NBA season. Tillie at Day 1 of workouts: gets injured.

Not sure I’d really care WHAT the injury was if I was looking to draft someone. Kid just can’t stay healthy. Feel bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Biggest concern with Tillie for NBA scouts: Tillie’s injuries, overall health, and ability to stay healthy over a long NBA season. Tillie at Day 1 of workouts: gets injured.

Not sure I’d really care WHAT the injury was if I was looking to draft someone. Kid just can’t stay healthy. Feel bad for him.
    Pushing him yet further into the “undrafted free agent” realm, in my opinion. Someone would get a steal in that case, assuming his luck turns around. When I think about how much player growth and development he’s lost over the years to injury its quite a bummer

I feel bad for him. But if I am a NBA scout, the fracture and the torn plantar fascia are more concerning than a sprained ankle. Sprained ankles occur all the time in the sport... If I were Atlanta and was really considering him as a pick, I don't think I'd care much about the ankle and would focus on everything up to that point.

I heard he had 8 or so workouts scheduled over the next 3 wks.

This being the first, I wonder how it will impact the remaining workouts, if at all.

Could be just a few days, we have no idea if high ankle or just a tweak. Killian plays through ankle tweaks every other game.

He's going to the combine:

Jim Meehan
    ‏ @SRJimm
    1m1 minute ago

Gonzaga's Killian Tillie received an invite to the NBA Draft Combine (May 14-19 in Chicago). He sprained his ankle Friday at workout for the Atlanta Hawks, but it didn't sound too serious. Previously reported that Norvell, Hachimura and Clarke received combine invites.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Hold on. Zags have four players in the combine. Another declared. And were led by a fifth year all conference point guard. Umm ....Shouldn’t they have made the final four at least?