Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Norvell Declares

Default Norvell Declares

Thanks Gonzaga, his teammates, & Coaching staff for the opportunity to play for a great program, and intends to pursue his dream of playing in the NBA.

Sounds permanent.

If I knew how to post a picture, I would link his offical statement.

Whoa!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Thanks ZN.

His words sound more official than even Clarke!

3 gone, 1 to go and it’s a whole new Gonzaga show!

Crazy that kids are leaving early now to be late 2nd round/undrafted.

Regardless, thanks for the memories if gone. Once a zag, always a zag

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Thanks ZN.

His words sound more official than even Clarke!
    I don't know. It doesn't sound like its a done deal. He includes a lot of qualifications in his announcement, which to me makes it appear that he could come back and is just testing the waters. He states that its his "intention to declare for the NBA draft" and that he's "excited to have this chance to fulfill [his] dream." I read this as him leaving the possibility of coming back, but that he's at least declaring for the draft for now. Something that I think is a good idea for him. Let's see how it shakes out before making the conclusion that this is the end for ZN being in a Zags jersey. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back for another season after he gets feedback in pre-draft workouts.

I would have to think that he is exploring his options at this point. I'm not sure he would be drafted but thats what he can find out through this process. If he does go I wish him the best of luck!

I feel like the announcements when a player thanks coaches, fans, etc. typically have their mind made up and are gone. Players testing the waters only make this type of announcement if they decide to stay in. Maybe I’m wrong on that.

Did JIII make this type of announcement when he declared after his Junior year? I hope I’m wrong and maybe it’s just a new era of player announcements when declaring. Would love ZN to be back for 1 more year. Best of luck if not.

It’s just soooo unlikely for him to get into the NBA, all we can do is wish him the best of luck (he’s going to need it) and hope he comes to his senses while he can. Love snax. Really do!

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    It’s just soooo unlikely for him to get into the NBA, all we can do is wish him the best of luck (he’s going to need it) and hope he comes to his senses while he can. Love snax. Really do!
    +1

Of the 3 Zags to declare, Norvell is the only one who has enrolled in summer and fall 2019 courses

Seems silly to push a press announcement...then come back. Not sure where he’s going though?

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    Of the 3 Zags to declare, Norvell is the only one who has enrolled in summer and fall 2019 courses
    Interesting. How do you know this? Is registering for classes a matter of public record?
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Definitely needs to work on his handles for the NBA.

I don't begrudge a kid that can earn a couple of hundred grand a year for the next 5-10 years. I see that as the floor of his salary. It would certainly entice me to move on at that age. I have never made that much, so I am not in a position to compare.

He hit some big time shots for GU. Hope he has a wonderful career as a pro. Hope he continues to be a great ambassador for GU.

There is opportunity for others to show what they can do as a Zag.
    I miss Mike Hart

If i am reading the tea leaves correctly, the responses from his GU teammates throughout social media sure indicate he is a goner.

Many "go get that bag" comments or something along those lines don't seem to indicate that people who would know where Zack's mind is, of a kid returning.

A bit perplexing from my perspective, but I hope he finds success. I think him spending the summer to increase his ball handling and decision making would’ve allowed him to play at part time point for the team next season, which would make him more effective at the next level. Is it worth leaving if you are the 45th pick? Another year of development and he could’ve been in the 20-30 range. It’s a weaker draft.

Quote Originally Posted by tenniszag View Post
    I feel like the announcements when a player thanks coaches, fans, etc. typically have their mind made up and are gone. Players testing the waters only make this type of announcement if they decide to stay in. Maybe I’m wrong on that.
    Pretty much this. Whatever I guess. Good luck to him.
    Last edited by hooter73; 04-20-2019 at 07:39 PM.

What’re the deadlines for a return? He’s testing the waters, and they might be colder than he realized...

Seems to me he is gone from his post.
    Love the zags for life

If he does leave, then next year will be a "rebuild" versus are normal retool an existing team. The start of next year could be tough, but by year end they could be very solid. The experience of Kispert and Petrusev will be needed to hold them together in the beginning. Also you have to believe that Foster and Ayayi have gained experience this year that will help next year.

First I am hoping that we gain a good grad transfer point guard to organize them. This will help the transition.

The team would then look like:

PG - Grad transfer, Ravet, Foster

SG/SF - Kispert, Ayayi, Ariauskas, Watson

PF - Timme, Watson,

C - Petrusev, Bello, Zakharov,

But they should be fun to watch them grow.

Zach is gone. And Tillie is gone. It's going to truly be a rebuilding year. Many growing pains. It's Corey's time to come through, big time. Time to show us what he has if he is one of the first options in the offense.

Maybe drafteable, if there was a 3d round.

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    Zach is gone. And Tillie is gone. It's going to truly be a rebuilding year. Many growing pains. It's Corey's time to come through, big time. Time to show us what he has if he is one of the first options in the offense.
    No “official” word on Tillie declaring...speculation it is...

I mentioned in another thread that if he didn’t have a super Tournament then it would be unlikely he’d get drafted...still think he’ll wind overseas next year.

I think it’s going to be really difficult for the Zags to get to the dance, losing six of their top seven players. If we do make it to the dance, then it will be IMO Coach Few & the Staff’s best coaching!