Thread: 2010 - 11 Zags on ESPN

Default 2010 - 11 Zags on ESPN

Just went home for lunch, and found the 2010-11 Zags were on ESPN playing Marquette in the O'Reilly Feast Week tournament, 11-23-10. Just caught the last of it, GU wins 66-63, taking 3rd place. Ranked #18 for that game. Sure was fun to pause it and look at the team and the team on the bench. Brings back good memories!

On the floor at end of game:

Sacre
    Harris
    Arop
    Gray
    Goodson

On the Bench:

Olynyk
    Monninghof
    Carter
    Dower
    Keita
    Hart
    Stockton

Pretty cool! Also to note, Jimmy Butler and Crowder were on MU.

Please forgive for any name misspellings, I did not take the time to look anything up.

For those interested, GU is on ESPN now, 5-2-19 at 1:30 PM Spokane time, playing SDSU also from 2010. Tune in for some memories!

Loved that team.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

They played back to back Gonzaga games. They followed up the Marquette game with San Diego State in the Kennel, which unfortunately, was a loss.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

I was at that game in 2010 in KC. Only the 2nd time I'd seen GU play in person after going to the United Center game against Illinois the previous year. That tournament was loaded as I believe Duke was #1 at the time and a top 5 Kansas St. team is who beat GU in the semis of that tourney. Crazy to think the only unranked team in Marquette might have had the best NBA talent of the bunch!