Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 230

Thread: 2020 Walker Kessler

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,053

    Default

    If he visits we have a shot (small shot--but a shot)-- the team and the staff do a great job of showing the Zag family feel and we have a great history with getting bigs prepared for the next level.

    Maybe he wants to create his own path -- on the West Coast to the NBA.

    One step at a time.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    If he visits we have a shot (small shot--but a shot)-- the team and the staff do a great job of showing the Zag family feel and we have a great history with getting bigs prepared for the next level.

    Maybe he wants to create his own path -- on the West Coast to the NBA.

    One step at a time.
    We've had elite level success for bigs in the NBA that come out of the ZAG system as of late, It's starting to really expose us on a national level. Guards haven't made as much noise but I'm hoping that can change if we land Suggs.
    America's Team!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,053

    Default

    Would love to see NWG and Norvell have some success in the league ---- it is nice to have a couple of guards on rosters.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Would love to see NWG and Norvell have some success in the league ---- it is nice to have a couple of guards on rosters.
    Utah Jazz will compete for Western Conference title. I’m hoping NWG has a Fred Van Vleet kind of showing on the playoff stage for the Jazz
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  5. #55

    Default

    https://twitter.com/ElitePInstitute/...308903425?s=09

    Zags make Kessler's top 6 along with Auburn, Cal (???), Duke, UNC, and Michigan.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Interesting that Georgia wasn’t in his final 6 since he’s a legacy recruit for them and it’s the home state school.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,053

    Default

    He is set to visit Gonzaga for Kraziness on October 5th -- gives us a shot.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ElitePInstitute/...308903425?s=09

    Zags make Kessler's top 6 along with Auburn, Cal (???), Duke, UNC, and Michigan.
    It's been said academics are important for him and it doesn't get much better than Cal in that regard. I'm thinking he probably built up a relationship with Fox too from when he was at Georgia. (especially given Georgia's now out)

  9. #59
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    It's been said academics are important for him and it doesn't get much better than Cal in that regard. I'm thinking he probably built up a relationship with Fox too from when he was at Georgia. (especially given Georgia's now out)
    Are Cal's academics still considered what they used to be, honest question? I just couldn't imagine having to live in Berkeley for a year or more. Ugghhh....

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,386

    Default

    Academically they have a stellar reputation. They just don't have much as far as basketball.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  11. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    He is set to visit Gonzaga for Kraziness on October 5th -- gives us a shot.
    Agreed.

    I feel the biggest battle is getting recruits on campus. Once they visit, it seems they are blown away.

    Kraziness should amplify things, fingers crossed!

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,006

    Default

    I’m not saying the schools mentioned don’t have better academics than GU but it’s not like a Gonzaga education is anything to sneeze at. It’s still a fantastic education.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    I feel like education is what you make out of it. I was a flake early on in college and I could have done that everywhere. I Feel that my post-graduate education gave me the tools to keep educating myself. You have to be earnest about teaching yourself throughout your career.

    Schools with high acceptance standards help give employers a head start in knowing what type of person you are, and certain schools might have better resources for one’s given career path, but I don’t think the institution you go to necessarily means all that much.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I feel like education is what you make out of it. I was a flake early on in college and I could have done that everywhere. I Feel that my post-graduate education gave me the tools to keep educating myself. You have to be earnest about teaching yourself throughout your career.

    Schools with high acceptance standards help give employers a head start in knowing what type of person you are, and certain schools might have better resources for one’s given career path, but I don’t think the institution you go to necessarily means all that much.
    Perfectly stated JP!

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    194

    Default

    If he comes to Gonzaga for a year then goes to the NBA, he would have plenty of money to finish his education anywhere he wanted, which he could finish during the off season and online. He could even finish at Cal, and wouldn't have to embaress himself by stepping on the basketball court. It looks to me like if he played 10 years in the NBA he would make so much money that he could buy his own university and educate himself. Why in the world would you need a degree, unless you were stupid and blew all that NBA money, which some people have ?

  16. #66
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    I did some research and Cal is rated the 22nd overall public university in America and their undergraduate liberal arts program is rated 55th in the country. Not sure if that translates into elite or not but it's not bad for sure. My concern would be the location and atmosphere but to each their own.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Are Cal's academics still considered what they used to be, honest question? I just couldn't imagine having to live in Berkeley for a year or more. Ugghhh....
    https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...ies/top-public

    2d best public university in the country. UNC is 5th. Duke is 8th among all US unis.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...ies/top-public

    2d best public university in the country. UNC is 5th. Duke is 8th among all US unis.
    SO it would appear that the University of California system is where one would go to receive an excellent education from public schools....

    I see where UM is 4th so that might be a drawing point for him and it's only an inch or two away from his home on a map...

  19. #69
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...ies/top-public

    2d best public university in the country. UNC is 5th. Duke is 8th among all US unis.
    You are correct. I misread the ranking as it is 22nd of all. I still wouldn’t ever want to live there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,198

    Default

    Haha. Try to get in.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    SO it would appear that the University of California system is where one would go to receive an excellent education from public schools....

    I see where UM is 4th so that might be a drawing point for him and it's only an inch or two away from his home on a map...

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    The closest I got to CAL was driving by on I-80 on my way to crossing the Bay Bridge for SF...knew several that went there and they were all SUPER students...

    Wife went to UM for Grad School...that campus is BIG! Probably 10-15 times bigger than GU's campus...

    Kessler couldn't go wrong choosing either school but UI or ISU, from what I understand, are not as highly rated...

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Walker Kessler would be a great get....comes from an outstanding family. His dad (Chad) and his uncle Alec were All-Americans for the University of Georgia. I believe Alec was a 1st round draft pick (top ten??). His sister Lily played beach volleyball for 4 years at LSU. His brother Houston played basketball for 4 years at Georgia. His dad is getting regular calls from coach K ...pretty sure he will make a decision during the early signing period so he can focus on his senior year without the recruiting distractions.
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    I did not read the thread but he is coming for Kraziness like I hinted at earlier this summer. We are in a great spot, but honestly distance and academics are against us. How we develop bigs and Powell is for us.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Great article from the Michigan insider https://247sports.com/college/michig...1/#133870861_1. I really don't see Duke's play style being a major attraction factor for Walker. Duke has always run its offense through great shooters and driving Power Forwards. Duke has used its Centers to screen, seal, kick, and score the ball in the low post with them very rarely popping outside the three point line. I would make the argument that out of Walkers top six, Duke is quite possibly the worst fit for his play style. If he wants to play outside-in as well as inside-out Auburn, UNC, and Gonzaga match that play style the closest. Thoughts?

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Great article from the Michigan insider https://247sports.com/college/michig...1/#133870861_1. I really don't see Duke's play style being a major attraction factor for Walker. Duke has always run its offense through great shooters and driving Power Forwards. Duke has used its Centers to screen, seal, kick, and score the ball in the low post with them very rarely popping outside the three point line. I would make the argument that out of Walkers top six, Duke is quite possibly the worst fit for his play style. If he wants to play outside-in as well as inside-out Auburn, UNC, and Gonzaga match that play style the closest. Thoughts?
    Yet another pipe dream.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •