• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doctorzag
    Banned
    • Feb 2009

2020 Walker Kessler

We just offered. Five star stud. Was being recruited by Roger Powell at Vanderbilt. 6-10 center . Third ranked center in the nation.
  • scrooner
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

"2020 5-star center Walker Kessler Knows What he Wants in a School", interview on CBS Sports.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
      "2020 5-star center Walker Kessler Knows What he Wants in a School", interview on CBS Sports.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...s-in-a-school/
      Sounds like everything we can bring to the table. That being said, it does sound like he wants to commit before school next season, so I’m not sure how much of a chance we have
      Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• Bogozags
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

As with all recruits in which GU has an interest, they MUST come for a visit!

We have four bigs already that more than likely will still be here after his senior year...don’t think he’ll have an interest in a visit out west...he mentioned UVA, UF, FSU...but then I know less than 5% of what actually goes on in GU Basketball...

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

His daddy played at Georgia, so I figure that is where he will end up. He would be a good pick up, but our front court is already loaded, is it not ?

Comment

• Malastein
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I wonder how many new guys will pop up from Powell being on board! This is a great start!
            The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

This 2020 team could end up being gigantic. They may need to play a 6'10 guy at the 3 just to keep everyone happy. It hints at a new era of GU basketball and is making me start to think that I should get used to the idea of guys sticking around for only two years.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
                His daddy played at Georgia, so I figure that is where he will end up. He would be a good pick up, but our front court is already loaded, is it not ?
                It is for exactly that reason that I think that this smoke has some fire associated with it. It seems so odd that they are offering more bigs at this time that there must be something there. Maybe he really wants to play here or follow Powell here. Maybe Petrusev is gone after this year. My head is still spinning from the Norvell announcement... 3rd ranked center coming to an already loaded front court??... I feel like I stepped into bizarro world tonight

Comment

• caldwellzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2018

Great offer, I heard rumblings of this one last week before we officially came on board. No slam dunk here but he fits and he is tight with Powell.

Comment

• HenneZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Aug 2012

Well I guess we will have a 6'10 giant playing PG for us next year, gotta be a first for everything right! Nah, good problem to have, we really need guards though!
                    America's Team!

Comment

• StatZag19
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • May 2019

Gonzaga University completed in-home visit with Woodward Academy’s 2020 7’0 PF/C Walker Kessler.

Noticed nobody had this up yet, so thought I'd throw this up even if it's over a week old.
                      I take nothing nor anyone on this forum seriously in any form or way. It is no more or less than a satirical board until legitimacy is restored.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by StatZag19 View Post
                        https://twitter.com/ElitePInstitute/...734940165?s=19

Gonzaga University completed in-home visit with Woodward Academy’s 2020 7’0 PF/C Walker Kessler.

Noticed nobody had this up yet, so thought I'd throw this up even if it's over a week old.
                        Good spot. I must have PM'd people about this only, but yes the Zags did have an in-home visit with him and it went really well. We have a lot of ground to make up, but we have Powell in our court, which is a big deal to Kessler.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                          Good spot. I must have PM'd people about this only, but yes the Zags did have an in-home visit with him and it went really well. We have a lot of ground to make up, but we have Powell in our court, which is a big deal to Kessler.
                          I found it, glad I am not going crazy, it was posted in the 2020 recruiting thread as well. All good Kessler is a stud and he is a very smart kid, so his recruitment will be interesting to follow.

Comment

• hooter73
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by StatZag19 View Post
                            https://twitter.com/ElitePInstitute/...734940165?s=19

Oh wow, nice find! Long shot Im sure, but making inroads goes a long way

Comment

• SLOZag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

"[Walker] Kessler is a Georgia legacy kid, which in theory would make him most likely Athens bound. But perhaps Walker decides to build his own legacy elsewhere, Auburn would be a heckuva landing spot with guys like Austin Wiley and Anfernee McLemore graduating after next year. Kessler was here for the Kentucky game and Bruce Pearl had an in-home visit with him on April 29th. Some big news from last Friday was that Kessler announced he will be taking his last official visit as a junior to Auburn this weekend. While Georgia is probably the favorite, keep an eye on Gonzaga and California who have entered the picture here recently. Cal is where former Georgia coach Mark Fox has landed so we’ll see if that gets Kessler out to Berkeley."

SLOZag
                              "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

Working...
                              X