Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Walker Kessler

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Zach Collins 2.0?
    Same great motor, footwork and shooting skills as Collins....looks stronger than Collins to me. Wow, after watching all those vids...wow.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Haven't seen this posted: Kessler said he's planning on taking a visit to Gonzaga. Didn't give a date.

I know Auburn thinks they're in his top 3 after a visit a couple weeks ago. He also listed Duke, Michigan and UNC. A lot of high quality competition but sounds like we're going to get him on campus at some point.

https://twitter.com/SportsStarsTV/st...67171936956417

Evan Daniels

Verified account

@EvanDaniels
    18m18 minutes ago
    More
    GHSA Team Camp (@NCAAGeorgia) Recap

•Walker Kessler dominates
    •Deivon Smith shows blazing speed
    •Scoot Henderson begins his national emergence
    •Plus other thoughts on players in Georgia

TOP PERFORMERS
    Walker Kessler, C, Woodward Academy
    In my one viewing of Kessler during the GHSA Team Camp, the 7-footer put together an efficient, and dominant showing. Kessler hit all four of his three-point attempts, plus buried a 15-foot jump shot. Kessler is quite confident in his jump shot, and it appears to be getting better and better. Kessler also impacted the game with his rim protection, rebounding and rim running. Despite his size, Kessler gets up and down the floor well and is relatively light on his feet. Kessler is one of the top center prospects in the 2020 class.
    Recruiting: Auburn, Duke, Gonzaga, Michigan, North Carolina

https://247sports.com/college/basket...son-133138487/

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Evan Daniels

Verified account

@EvanDaniels
    18m18 minutes ago
    More
    GHSA Team Camp (@NCAAGeorgia) Recap

•Walker Kessler dominates
    •Deivon Smith shows blazing speed
    •Scoot Henderson begins his national emergence
    •Plus other thoughts on players in Georgia

TOP PERFORMERS
    Walker Kessler, C, Woodward Academy
    In my one viewing of Kessler during the GHSA Team Camp, the 7-footer put together an efficient, and dominant showing. Kessler hit all four of his three-point attempts, plus buried a 15-foot jump shot. Kessler is quite confident in his jump shot, and it appears to be getting better and better. Kessler also impacted the game with his rim protection, rebounding and rim running. Despite his size, Kessler gets up and down the floor well and is relatively light on his feet. Kessler is one of the top center prospects in the 2020 class.
    Recruiting: Auburn, Duke, Gonzaga, Michigan, North Carolina

https://247sports.com/college/basket...son-133138487/
    I said it in the 2020 recruiting thread but I believe he will be a part of our 2020 class.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I said it in the 2020 recruiting thread but I believe he will be a part of our 2020 class.
    Kessler and Suggs with Strawther and Harris would be a top 5 class.

Collins had maybe slightly more explosiveness and a little more vertical which played into his raw emotional/instinctual play, Kessler looks to me to be a little more well rounded. Would be a great fit at GU and a huge get.
    Last edited by hooter73; 06-24-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    That team would be absurdly talented for sure. Let's hope it comes to pass as that is a legit National Title contender.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Agreed. The #1 class.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    I'd be surprised if we landed ahead of what Duke or Kentucky pull in 2020 in the class rankings, but as long as Few does more with our class thank K or Cal I'd be happy with a ranking of 3.

A make it or break it year coming up for Petrusev I think...

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    A make it or break it year coming up for Petrusev I think...
    I think Petrusev is going to have a really good year, wouldnt be surprised if he averaged 13 and 7. I think he will pair well with Tillie's high post game and will get a ton of easy buckets inside. If he can improve the D and make 35% on 3s this year I think hes gone to the NBA.

I'd be surprised if we landed ahead of what Duke or Kentucky pull in 2020 in the class rankings, but as long as Few does more with our class thank K or Cal I'd be happy with a ranking of 3.
    Yeah I too will settle for a class ranked #3!!! Keep in mind, the beauty of the recruits we landed in 2019 class and most of these 2020 prospects is that they will be at Gonzaga for several years (with exception of Suggs). So, while Kentucky and Duke May have more impressive individual recruiting classes, I look forward to our Sophs, Juniors, and Seniors beating up on their freshman.

I think Petrusev is going to have a really good year, wouldnt be surprised if he averaged 13 and 7. I think he will pair well with Tillie's high post game and will get a ton of easy buckets inside. If he can improve the D and make 35% on 3s this year I think hes gone to the NBA.
    Both our 6'10" bigs can be 40%+ 3pt shooters. That's incredible

Hope we take full advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Collins had maybe slightly more explosiveness and a little more vertical which played into his raw emotional/instinctual play, Kessler looks to me to be a little more well rounded. Would be a great fit at GU and a huge get.
    Kinda like some of the absurd comparisons Chauncey made during the nba draft.

Default Is Kessler about to choose Duke?

"With likely no big men returning after next season, the Duke basketball paint department has openings to fill for the fall of 2020. The boss, Mike Krzyzewski, has completed the first round of interviews and extended a couple of offers. The prized applicant, proven paint-shaker Walker Kessler, seems to be in the final stages of his decision as to whether or not he accepts the legend’s offer."

https://balldurham.com/2019/07/06/du...ivotal-target/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    "With likely no big men returning after next season, the Duke basketball paint department has openings to fill for the fall of 2020. The boss, Mike Krzyzewski, has completed the first round of interviews and extended a couple of offers. The prized applicant, proven paint-shaker Walker Kessler, seems to be in the final stages of his decision as to whether or not he accepts the legend’s offer."

https://balldurham.com/2019/07/06/du...ivotal-target/
    Welllllll sheeeyit

I'm not stressing about getting Walker Kessler, he would seem more like a luxury than a necessity. I'd much rather get a top 15 PG for 2020-21 than a top 15 C. We have had better luck recruiting bigs the last several years and are pretty stacked inside.

I'm not stressing about getting Walker Kessler, he would seem more like a luxury than a necessity. I'd much rather get a top 15 PG for 2020-21 than a top 15 C. We have had better luck recruiting bigs the last several years and are pretty stacked inside.
    Agreed!��
    America's Team!

This whole forum should be re-labeled recruiting pipe dreams.

Oscar Robertson?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    This whole forum should be re-labeled recruiting pipe dreams.
    I swear Jazz would be the dude whining about paying for parking downtown if he was going to cash in a lottery winning ticket.

"I think I am going to visit Gonzaga, and then I am not sure about the other ones."

Michigan forum can't believe bigs keep wanting to come to GU with all the talent we already have in the frontcourt

https://247sports.com/college/basket...urn-133630294/

The talent we've been getting isnt going to be here long term...

I ultimately don't think we get Kessler but it says a lot that we can get him to visit and see what Gonzaga is all about. My feeling is that he stays closer to home as all the other schools he's talking about are east of the Mississippi.