Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 209

Thread: 2021 - Chet Holmgren

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,209

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Article from Bleacher Report that goes with video

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ls-dream-house

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ttown0026 View Post
    Great news, can you elaborate on the details?
    Just been hearing that he really likes GU and that he could easily follow Suggs to GU (a year later). Chet fits the mold of a GU big and he has a great understanding of that fit.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Just been hearing that he really likes GU and that he could easily follow Suggs to GU (a year later). Chet fits the mold of a GU big and he has a great understanding of that fit.
    Given the pipeline of bigs we are sending to the professional leagues these days (including Tillie & Petro this year) it makes sense that he hasn't taken any other official visits. I would be extremely surprised if he didn't end up at Gonzaga. Can you imagine Kaden Perry and Chet playing together?

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Given the pipeline of bigs we are sending to the professional leagues these days (including Tillie & Petro this year) it makes sense that he hasn't taken any other official visits. I would be extremely surprised if he didn't end up at Gonzaga. Can you imagine Kaden Perry and Chet playing together?
    I could not agree more! And wow Kaden and Chet!!!!

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Given the pipeline of bigs we are sending to the professional leagues these days (including Tillie & Petro this year) it makes sense that he hasn't taken any other official visits. I would be extremely surprised if he didn't end up at Gonzaga. Can you imagine Kaden Perry and Chet playing together?
    With Harris and Strawther and maybe Suggs and Ballo?!?!

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    With Harris and Strawther and maybe Suggs and Ballo?!?!
    Getting your years mixed up.

    For a hypothetical Suggs to still be at GU with Perry or Holmgren, Jalen would need to be a 2 yr guy.
    For Ballo, it would mean a redshirt year (now) and 2 additional years.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,545

    Default

    Pretty definitive for Forwards and Centers and trending up for the Zags. I just went for the last 10 years.


    Per Game Shooting Advanced
    Rk Year Lg Rd Pk Tm Player Age Pos Born College From To
    1 2013 NBA 1 13 DAL Kelly Olynyk 22.075 C-F ca Gonzaga 2014 2020
    2 2016 NBA 1 11 ORL Domantas Sabonis 20.056 F-C us Gonzaga 2017 2020
    3 2009 NBA 1 15 DET Austin Daye 21.025 F us Gonzaga 2010 2015
    4 2017 NBA 1 10 SAC Zach Collins 19.220 C-F us Gonzaga 2018 2020
    5 2012 NBA 2 60 LAL Robert Sacre 23.028 C us Gonzaga 2013 2016
    6 2019 NBA 1 21 OKC Brandon Clarke 22.279 F ca Gonzaga 2020 2020
    7 2019 NBA 1 9 WAS Rui Hachimura 21.137 F jp Gonzaga 2020 2020



    Per Game Shooting Advanced
    Rk Year Lg Rd Pk Tm Player Age Pos Born College From To G
    1 2009 NBA 2 38 POR Jon Brockman 22.103 F us Washington 2010 2012
    2 2016 NBA 1 8 SAC Marquese Chriss 18.361 F us Washington 2017 2020


    What he SHOULD be looking at, but he might not start right away.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Getting your years mixed up.

    For a hypothetical Suggs to still be at GU with Perry or Holmgren, Jalen would need to be a 2 yr guy.
    For Ballo, it would mean a redshirt year (now) and 2 additional years.
    I know. That’s why I said maybe.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,183

    Default

    See a link in earlier post but thought I’d insert video in case others missed if first time

    Suggs is also interviewed


  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Getting your years mixed up.

    For a hypothetical Suggs to still be at GU with Perry or Holmgren, Jalen would need to be a 2 yr guy.
    For Ballo, it would mean a redshirt year (now) and 2 additional years.
    I don't think he is as far off as you think. I would not be shocked at all if both Ballo and Suggs are still on campus with Chet and Kaden... Don't sleep on Pavel either.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,209

    Default

    Courtside Films
    @CourtsideFilms
    ·
    12h
    Chet Holmgren 25 points 19 rebounds & 8 blocks tonight in the Minnehaha win!

  13. #163
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Getting your years mixed up.

    For a hypothetical Suggs to still be at GU with Perry or Holmgren, Jalen would need to be a 2 yr guy.
    For Ballo, it would mean a redshirt year (now) and 2 additional years.
    I think it's pretty safe to say that Ballo is not going to be leaving after next year. Now, if Suggs comes to GU, he will be gone after one year without a doubt.

  14. #164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I think it's pretty safe to say that Ballo is not going to be leaving after next year. Now, if Suggs comes to GU, he will be gone after one year without a doubt.
    Nothing is determined that far in advance obviously, but in my opinion Ballo leaving after next year and Suggs sticking around to play with Chet is more likely than Ballo staying for his 3rd year in the program and Suggs being a one and done.

    I wouldn't be surprised by any of the scenarios you mentioned either, but I think the words "safe to say" and "without a doubt" are too declarative.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Nothing is determined that far in advance obviously, but in my opinion Ballo leaving after next year and Suggs sticking around to play with Chet is more likely than Ballo staying for his 3rd year in the program and Suggs being a one and done.

    I wouldn't be surprised by any of the scenarios you mentioned either, but I think the words "safe to say" and "without a doubt" are too declarative.
    Wow..interesting. From what I heard, even if eligible, Ballo would have had very spotty minutes along the lines of Rui his first year. I think Ballo is on a very similar plan and would be beyond shocked if he burst onto the scene next year to the level of leaving after one year. This isn't a slam on Ballo at all, I just think we get all fired up on young guys being gone right away anymore. Before the season started we were reading posters predicting Watson and Timme would be one and dones...haha.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Wow..interesting. From what I heard, even if eligible, Ballo would have had very spotty minutes along the lines of Rui his first year. I think Ballo is on a very similar plan and would be beyond shocked if he burst onto the scene next year to the level of leaving after one year. This isn't a slam on Ballo at all, I just think we get all fired up on young guys being gone right away anymore. Before the season started we were reading posters predicting Watson and Timme would be one and dones...haha.
    Were you able to watch any of the FIFA games this past summer? If not you might wish to find them on-line and take a good, close look at him. He isn't as polished as some but that raw talent is just unbelievable. When he gets on the court next season he will be a dominant player for GU. He isn't BC but then no one is BUT I believe he will be the one of the best post players ever at GU if not the best...IMO he will only be enter the draft after next season and will be a Top 10 pick...if he learns to shoot the "3" then he could go Top 5...

    Everyone looks at players differently as do I but he is very special and we will all come to appreciate his play...what a grab by Coach Few's staff...

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Were you able to watch any of the FIFA games this past summer? If not you might wish to find them on-line and take a good, close look at him. He isn't as polished as some but that raw talent is just unbelievable. When he gets on the court next season he will be a dominant player for GU. He isn't BC but then no one is BUT I believe he will be the one of the best post players ever at GU if not the best...IMO he will only be enter the draft after next season and will be a Top 10 pick...if he learns to shoot the "3" then he could go Top 5...

    Everyone looks at players differently as do I but he is very special and we will all come to appreciate his play...what a grab by Coach Few's staff...
    He will have the added experience from redshirting and practicing with the team for a year. I expect him to hit the ground running. I don’t think he will look nearly green as Zakharov has this season. I think Ballo will be ready for prime time.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    He will have the added experience from redshirting and practicing with the team for a year. I expect him to hit the ground running. I don’t think he will look nearly green as Zakharov has this season. I think Ballo will be ready for prime time.
    I agree with you on Ballo. Zakharov is green this year because he is young and not redshirting. I think those two in the middle next year will be a force.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I agree with you on Ballo. Zakharov is green this year because he is young and not redshirting. I think those two in the middle next year will be a force.
    Agree. Pavel is green, but due to inexperience. He moves really well and has a high motor. I think he will make a major leap next year. Could be an NBA prospect.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Were you able to watch any of the FIFA games this past summer? If not you might wish to find them on-line and take a good, close look at him. He isn't as polished as some but that raw talent is just unbelievable. When he gets on the court next season he will be a dominant player for GU. He isn't BC but then no one is BUT I believe he will be the one of the best post players ever at GU if not the best...IMO he will only be enter the draft after next season and will be a Top 10 pick...if he learns to shoot the "3" then he could go Top 5...

    Everyone looks at players differently as do I but he is very special and we will all come to appreciate his play...what a grab by Coach Few's staff...
    Yes, I saw the highlights. I also saw the highlights of Rui and Ayayi in past years. I also saw them need time to translate into learning the college game. It is not a slam or down point on Ballo, I just think he is very young and raw. I fully expect him to be a star as he develops but not next season although I do think he will be a solid contributor. Like I said, every kid that comes in I hear about how they are going to be an instant start (see Watson/Timme) this year. In almost every case, they need a year or two hit their potential which is not an issue...it's just that we always seem to want to anoint the next guy before they play with monster expectations.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,222

    Default

    Holmgren coming in after them would be a huge, huge get in terms of continuing the two + center/forward hybrids that can really do it all that we've been having for a lot of years now. Heytvelt, Daye, KO, heck Sacre guarded Delevadova, Collins, Clarke, Tillie... we have a great history with nontraditional big men and he would definitely be next in line for that list.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Holmgren coming in after them would be a huge, huge get in terms of continuing the two + center/forward hybrids that can really do it all that we've been having for a lot of years now. Heytvelt, Daye, KO, heck Sacre guarded Delevadova, Collins, Clarke, Tillie... we have a great history with nontraditional big men and he would definitely be next in line for that list.
    Sabonis shut down collinsworth (I believe with 4 fouls too) for the last 7-9 mins of 2016 WCC tournament too. (Sorry I know it’s OT)

    But I agree. Would be good to get another hybrid! Sounds like a great get to me
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Yes, I saw the highlights. I also saw the highlights of Rui and Ayayi in past years. I also saw them need time to translate into learning the college game. It is not a slam or down point on Ballo, I just think he is very young and raw. I fully expect him to be a star as he develops but not next season although I do think he will be a solid contributor. Like I said, every kid that comes in I hear about how they are going to be an instant start (see Watson/Timme) this year. In almost every case, they need a year or two hit their potential which is not an issue...it's just that we always seem to want to anoint the next guy before they play with monster expectations.
    Good points all. We here on GUBoards seem to be quick to anoint new players as the next big thing. I’d love to see Anton Watson have some statement games to declare “I got next” but it seems the transition to D1 takes time.

    I hope Ayayi remains a Zag for next season so he can experience being a go to player for this squad.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,206

    Default

    I just noticed that there is a Chet Holmgren thread on the UNC premium board. Seems he is on their radar.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I just noticed that there is a Chet Holmgren thread on the UNC premium board. Seems he is on their radar.
    Sure would be nice to put a nail in that coffin this Wednesday (if only it worked like that!)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •