Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 2021 - Chet Holmgren

https://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/ne...-flight-invite

Holmgren and the Sizzle quickly erased the 24 points half time deficit with a stingy defense that only allowed one basket and four free throws in 12 minutes. Holmgren electrified the crowd at Highland High School with tough baskets finishing through contact with a new frame added through intense weight training and nutrition. There is no longer the question of Holmgren's body type and strength.

Holmgren dazzled the crowd with one on one pro moves that led to monstrous poster dunks on opponents and consistent 3 point shooting during the comeback. On the defensive side, Holmgren proved he was an elite rim protector as he consistently sent mail back to the sender!

One of the most spectacular blocks was on Frankie Collins, who I must admit was a great surprise! Collins might be the most underrated player I have seen in the 2021 class. Collins exploded to the rim with amazing power and athleticism only to have his attempt blocked by Holmgren. On the night we tabulated 11 Holmgren's blocks. Holmgren ended the evening with a triple-double, 17 points, 11 rebounds, and 11 blocks in the 3 point loss.

Well, I’ve set my DVR. Going to blow through it before I watch the World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Yes, apparently the schedule has been revised, and he is playing at 2pm PST.

https://twitter.com/WhosNextHS/statu...412416/photo/1
    THANK YOU for the clarification!

Watched some of the game. He’s real good. Blocks or affects most shots 12 feet and in. Good looking jumper too.
    Kind of an Anthony Davis light.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Watched some of the game. He’s real good. Blocks or affects most shots 12 feet and in. Good looking jumper too.
    Kind of an Anthony Davis light.
    EXTREMELY ELITE SHOT BLOCKER

Triple double. Got pushed around a bit more in the first half, but really brought a lot more intensity in the second. One sequence he missed a three at the top, but was able to stop their fast break at the other end with a block from behind. He’ll get pushed around in the post at the next level on the boards, but his instincts for the ball are mostly sound. His defense is ahead of his offense at this point, but that’s mostly because he is so elite on the defensive end.

https://www.twincities.com/2020/10/3...l-for-vikings/

This article is mostly about the Vikings, but near the bottom there is a blurb about Chet:

“Rather than play in college next year, Minnehaha Academy’s 7-foot-1 Chet Holmgren could receive a chance to play in the NBA G League. Deals for some elite high school players foregoing college for the G League are said to be as much as $500,000 a season.

Otherwise, it still looks like it’ll be Gonzaga for Holmgren to join former Minnehaha Academy teammate Jalen Suggs, who’ll start for the No. 3 preseason Zags as a freshman.”

Nice to see a non-Zag, non-local source favor Gonzaga.

Interesting read.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....-chet-holmgren

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I told people a long time ago the it was Chet over Paolo nothing has changed in the last 5-6 months.

- thx white lightning

- i gotta think if this season plays out at we hope, i.e. a final four appearance, that is going to help lots.
    - can't you hear suggs telling chet how great the city, team, coaches are, and then how great going to the final four was.
    - gotta think chet will have a front row seat at the final four.

Article on Chet / the game. Also, be sure to watch the interview video as well, worth the watch.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/7-foot-...054649624.html

Where could Chet Holmgren land in college?
    The native from Minnesota plays high school basketball at Minnehaha Academy outside Minneapolis and is down to seven potential colleges: Gonzaga, Minnesota, Ohio State, Michigan, North Carolina, Memphis and Georgetown. Holmgren told Yahoo Sports he’s planning on making his college announcement sometime mid-season in either January or February.

His former high school teammate, Jalen Suggs, is playing at Gonzaga this season and is a projected lottery pick in the 2021 NBA draft. The Zags, Minnesota, Ohio State and Michigan are the favored schools. “It’s all about fit. You don’t want to go somewhere where they have to change the whole offense to accommodate you or change the defense,” Holmgren told Yahoo Sports. “So I’m just looking at where I fit with the coaching staff, the players on the team and my peers at the school.”

This is a must watch. Skinny as he is, Holmgren is simply unbelievable.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE