Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 - Chet Holmgren

He’s a top 5 prospect in his class. Gonna be on everyone’s radar.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Good points all. We here on GUBoards seem to be quick to anoint new players as the next big thing. I’d love to see Anton Watson have some statement games to declare “I got next” but it seems the transition to D1 takes time.

I hope Ayayi remains a Zag for next season so he can experience being a go to player for this squad.
    Flex, I'm with you...hope he stays too! Just an observation not sure at this point in time, he is "good enough" for the league...it would seem one more year of hard work might be the fix he needs...IMO

Can't wait to see his number in a Gonzaga uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Can't wait to see his number in a Gonzaga uniform.
    Chet and Suggs will look great in 2021. (assuming Suggs returns in 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Chet and Suggs will look great in 2021. (assuming Suggs returns in 2021)
    And Banchero!

Boy it would be nice to get a commitment from Chet if Suggs commits tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Boy it would be nice to get a commitment from Chet when Suggs commits tonight.
    Fixed it for ya.

Ha!

Chet is pretty coordinated but so very skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Extremely skinny!!

Ideal candidate for the Zag Big Man Clinic ---!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Ideal candidate for the Zag Big Mac Clinic ---!!!
    Fixed it?
    Haha, that’s how I initially read it at least.
    Seriously though, his frame won’t be able to add weight for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Exactly. I NEVER said he wasn't extremely gifted. I just don't think he's a good reclassification candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Extremely skinny!!
    So was KG and Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Exactly. I NEVER said he wasn't extremely gifted. I just don't think he's a good reclassification candidate.
    The decision is Chet's and when a guy with Chet's skills and ability says he wants to come to Gonzaga a year early you make room on a roster. Don't think he will reclassify but he would have no issue playing at the college level yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    The decision is Chet's and when a guy with Chet's skills and ability says he wants to come to Gonzaga a year early you make room on a roster. Don't think he will reclassify but he would have no issue playing at the college level yesterday.
    It would be a mistake for Chet to reclassify. He is developing right on schedule.

I disagree here and so do people within the program. Chet can play at the D1 level next year, but not at the topped ranked program in the country he gets pushed around to easy still. If you watched both games this weekend he was good, but not great. Suggs was great and another year of development Chet will be great as well. He has tools tons of them, but his body needs the development.

And there is a lot more than goes into recruiting than Chet saying I want to reclassify. Recruiting is a process for the kids and the school. We have a plan, it involves Chet in 2021. Don't believe every rumor on the internet!!!

Not sure if this is posted anywhere but Chet blocked 11 shots last night against a team loaded with future D-1 players.
    It was the Jalen and Chet show last night.

Extremely skinny!!
    He makes Timmie look like a bodybuilder.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Not sure if this is posted anywhere but Chet blocked 11 shots last night against a team loaded with future D-1 players.
    It was the Jalen and Chet show last night.
    Sorry it was actually 12 blocks. Thats crazy!

And there is a lot more than goes into recruiting than Chet saying I want to reclassify. Recruiting is a process for the kids and the school. We have a plan, it involves Chet in 2021. Don't believe every rumor on the internet!!!
    Not a rumor that I read its my personal opinion. Not saying Chet is going to reclassify but the notion that he can't play at the D1 level at a top ranked school today is absurd. You aren't going to find a player much bigger than Dainja and Chet held his own. Also hypothetically if Chet did want to reclassify are you saying Gonzaga would not extend the offer to 2020? IMO I think without a doubt they would.

Not a rumor that I read its my personal opinion. Not saying Chet is going to reclassify but the notion that he can't play at the D1 level at a top ranked school today is absurd. You aren't going to find a player much bigger than Dainja and Chet held his own. Also hypothetically if Chet did want to reclassify are you saying Gonzaga would not extend the offer to 2020? IMO I think without a doubt they would.
    We are all entitled to our opinion, when reading your post you stated the decision is Chet's and I am going to say point blank it is not all Chet's decision, Gonzaga has a large say in it. Chet got moved off his spot all night by Dainja, he stood on the perimeter most the night. Not a negative, but he must fill out to get meaningful minutes a year early at a top ranked D1 school. Look at our bigs who play everyone that has played as a freshman is 30-40 lbs larger than Chet. He weighs 180!!! Chet is a talent, but if he reclassifies it will be due to a commitment and an honest conversation with Tommy and Mark about if we need/want him to reclassify. Paolo would make more sense to reclassify as he has the body, but he has stated he does not plan on it.

I understood your take the first time. You didn't answer the question tho.

I understood your take the first time. You didn't answer the question tho.
    I didn't answer the question as I know it is not in the plans moving forward so why play the what if game. No his offer is for 2021 and that's where the staff sees him fit. And my takes come not from what I saw, but from information and conversations I have with those that know a lot more than we do.