Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 2021 - Chet Holmgren

Ok Im re-looking at Chet once again trying to wrap my head around the tall skinny guard in college and possibly pro ball. Who are some actual comparisons for his body type AND playing style?

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Ok Im re-looking at Chet once again trying to wrap my head around the tall skinny guard in college and possibly pro ball. Who are some actual comparisons for his body type AND playing style?
    It may be sacrilege, but what about Kevin Durant?

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    I thought maybe Dirk, but could be a better ballhandler and shotblocker.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Durant was my thought as well. A 7' outside player with ball skills.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I thought of Dirk as well but chet seems more athletic and quicker, if slighter of build. But i may be just remembering old man Dirk and not giving him enough credit for when he was younger

I thought of Dirk as well but chet seems more athletic and quicker, if slighter of build. But i may be just remembering old man Dirk and not giving him enough credit for when he was younger
    Maybe somewhere in between Dirk and Durant. Hes got the length to shoot over people.

Bol Bol.

The easiest comparison is Matthew Hurt at Duke, Ryan Kelly, Chandler Parsons.

Leaving aside the fact that he is a talented highly skilled player...He's only 16 yrs old(17 max) and it's a good bet that he will fill out. Remember that KO was a point guard early in his high school career before he grew into his body and then took his third year at GU off to red shirt and develop into an NBA first rounder.

Evan Daniels at 247 says Chet is one of the most unique players he has ever scouted at any position. There is simply no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Evan Daniels at 247 says Chet is one of the most unique players he has ever scouted at any position. There is simply no comparison.
    Man, I sure hope he gets to come to GU
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Wait until he gets on an actual weight and training program and is further educated on the game by Tommy & Mark. He does have some rather unique aspects to his game for a 7fter. He is a pretty quiet and reserved kid off the court but is a beast on the court.

I understand that Suggs’s decision/announcement will come later, but what is the expectation with Chet? Is the flame still bright?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    I understand that Suggs’s decision/announcement will come later, but what is the expectation with Chet? Is the flame still bright?
    I wouldnt be holding my breath. So far 1 player in the ESPN 60 for 2021 has comitted.

Interesting article (speculation mostly) about Kentucky and young Holmgren.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ken...236310643.html
    Last edited by ZagsObserver; 10-21-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Interesting article (speculation mostly) about Kentucky and young https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ken...236310643.html
    Chet at KY would be a complete waste of talent.

Anything new, Caldwell? With such a talented player in the mix, I’d sure like to keep this active

The biggest thing thus far is that he’s had plans for exactly one official visit announced thus far. If there’s no news of others then this is a very promising sign, and the best possible situation until a commitment is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    The biggest thing thus far is that he’s had plans for exactly one official visit announced thus far. If there’s no news of others then this is a very promising sign, and the best possible situation until a commitment is announced.
    Imagining Ballo (Harris, Strawther, Suggs too!) remaining a Zag through 2021-22 season and controlling the post while a young phenom Chet Holmgren lights up D1 w his perimeter skills and length while setting Zags’ record for points in a freshman season.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Anything new, Caldwell? With such a talented player in the mix, I’d sure like to keep this active
    I do not think this is going to be a quick decision on his part, it will be very thought out and may go all the way into next fall. He absolutely loved GU on his visit, he understands how well we develop bigs with similar skill sets. The staff is really pushing him on watching how they use Tillie this year, as their skill sets are very similar.

Hearing some really positive things regarding Chet and GU.

Thanks, Caldy. I’m glad I checked this forum today. It keeps the anticipation live and active.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    What are you hearing???

Caldy, looking forward to you getting to .500 on your calls.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Great news, can you elaborate on the details?