Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 415

Thread: 2021 - Chet Holmgren

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default 2021 - Chet Holmgren

    Per his twitter, Chet Holmgren has been offered by GU
    Last edited by LongIslandZagFan; 08-22-2019 at 03:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Per his twitter, Chet Holmgrem has been offered by GU
    We have had our eye on him and been in contact with both him and Suggs (they are teammates). Although I believe he is 2021 not 2020 unless he is reclassifying and I am not sure of it.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    We have had our eye on him and been in contact with both him and Suggs (they are teammates). Although I believe he is 2021 not 2020 unless he is reclassifying and I am not sure of it.
    you're right. He is 2021!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    you're right. He is 2021!!
    He is our first 2021 offer, although I think we will offer Gregg and Carlson her shortly.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,649

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Good looking kid. I'd recruit Suggs water boy if that's what it takes!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Greenville, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Geez!!! Kid looks great out there! Sign him up!
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,923

    Default

    Wow. Looks like a young Collins.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    157

    Default

    In the last 247 updates they have Chet all the way up to #6 in the composite rankings and #4 in the 247 rankings. Would be a great get for the Zags!

    https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Ba...oup=highschool





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuZag2012 View Post
    In the last 247 updates they have Chet all the way up to #6 in the composite rankings and #4 in the 247 rankings. Would be a great get for the Zags!

    https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Ba...oup=highschool





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep 4 on 247, and 7 on both Rivals and ESPN. He is really shooting up the rankings.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Yep 4 on 247, and 7 on both Rivals and ESPN. He is really shooting up the rankings.
    And GU pretty low on his list at the moment.

    The kid wants to stay local. Upper midwest. Think MN, Purdue, Marquette, Iowa, et al.

    Then again, he is only going into his Junior season, and still young, so a lot could change b/w now and then...

    At least there is mutual interest, and wonder if Suggs chooses us, could help our case.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    And GU pretty low on his list at the moment.

    The kid wants to stay local. Upper midwest. Think MN, Purdue, Marquette, Iowa, et al.

    Then again, he is only going into his Junior season, and still young, so a lot could change b/w now and then...

    At least there is mutual interest, and wonder if Suggs chooses us, could help our case.
    Hmm..not what I’ve heard.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Chet Holmgren includes Gonzaga in his Final 7 schools per his Instagram and Twitter

    Ohio State
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    North Carolina
    Gonzaga
    Georgetown
    Memphis


    https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/stat...37199438618624

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Chet Holmgren cuts list to seven schools, talks G League option

    https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/06/26/...league-option/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Article on Chet / the game. Also, be sure to watch the interview video as well, worth the watch.

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/7-foot-...054649624.html

    Where could Chet Holmgren land in college?
    The native from Minnesota plays high school basketball at Minnehaha Academy outside Minneapolis and is down to seven potential colleges: Gonzaga, Minnesota, Ohio State, Michigan, North Carolina, Memphis and Georgetown. Holmgren told Yahoo Sports he’s planning on making his college announcement sometime mid-season in either January or February.

    His former high school teammate, Jalen Suggs, is playing at Gonzaga this season and is a projected lottery pick in the 2021 NBA draft. The Zags, Minnesota, Ohio State and Michigan are the favored schools. “It’s all about fit. You don’t want to go somewhere where they have to change the whole offense to accommodate you or change the defense,” Holmgren told Yahoo Sports. “So I’m just looking at where I fit with the coaching staff, the players on the team and my peers at the school.”

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    324

    Default

    This is a must watch. Skinny as he is, Holmgren is simply unbelievable.

    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    And GU pretty low on his list at the moment.

    The kid wants to stay local. Upper midwest. Think MN, Purdue, Marquette, Iowa, et al.

    Then again, he is only going into his Junior season, and still young, so a lot could change b/w now and then...

    At least there is mutual interest, and wonder if Suggs chooses us, could help our case.
    He's stated specifically he knows he is going to visit Gonzaga.

    He has multiple offers from all around the country and many of his visits already have been to places outside of the Midwest.

    Based on his social media, he seems to be extremely open minded to going anywhere in the country based on the best fit for him and play for a coach that doesn't put him in the box of playing center because he is a 7 footer.

    Elite Minnesota kids almost never stay in the upper Midwest. They've gone to places like Kansas and Duke. If we can join these powerhouse programs and start a pipeline with some elite Minnesota talent, we would be much better off for it. Underrated talent and overwhelmingly guys that play the right way. Sam Dower and Geno Crandall were hopefully just the beginning...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    He's stated specifically he knows he is going to visit Gonzaga...
    Are you sure you aren't possibly confusing Walker Kessler with Chet Holmgren? I've noticed a couple posts and posters discuss them interchangeably and mix them up before.

    Walker stated specifically he knows he is going to visit Gonzaga, yet haven't heard Chet say those words.

    I'd be elated and pleasantly surprised if he did though.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    And GU pretty low on his list at the moment.

    The kid wants to stay local. Upper midwest. Think MN, Purdue, Marquette, Iowa, et al.

    Then again, he is only going into his Junior season, and still young, so a lot could change b/w now and then...

    At least there is mutual interest, and wonder if Suggs chooses us, could help our case.
    don't take the 247 interest list as a ranking or anything else-- it's generally not very accurate or complete (much less definitive), and is only coarsely ordered. for the majority of recruits, the list starts with a bunch of local schools because they tend to see people first, get involved in recruiting earlier, are more likely to receive unofficial visits or otherwise have a relationship through camps whatever, and tend to be focused in the local press writeups/blogs/forums.

    heck, we've had people take official visits and commit in the past without ever even showing up on their interest list.

    eta: i made an assumption about your source above-- my apologies if i was wrong, but if so please do let us know where you got that info.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    don't take the 247 interest list as a ranking or anything else-- it's generally not very accurate or complete (much less definitive), and is only coarsely ordered. for the majority of recruits, the list starts with a bunch of local schools because they tend to see people first, get involved in recruiting earlier, are more likely to receive unofficial visits or otherwise have a relationship through camps whatever, and tend to be focused in the local press writeups/blogs/forums.

    heck, we've had people take official visits and commit in the past without ever even showing up on their interest list.

    eta: i made an assumption about your source above-- my apologies if i was wrong, but if so please do let us know where you got that info.
    Based solely on 247.

    As much chatter as I've heard regarding Suggs and GU, I haven't heard the same about Chet and GU. He gave us a shout out on Twitter for being offered, yet has done the same for others as well.

    Mark Few has been to Minnesota numerous times to watch them both play, and Chet has listed us in numerous interviews, along with Kansas, and 6 or 7 others.

    I've also never heard Chet say he would be visiting us. I hope to hear/read that soon.

    He is a 2021 recruit, so much can change and/or develop b/w now and then

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Per Jake Weingarten, Chet is going to be joining Jalen Suggs, Dom, Julian and Walker Kessler for an official at Kraziness in the Kennel on 10/5. That is a blueblood level recruiting visit if I’ve ever seen one!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Per Jake Weingarten, Chet is going to be joining Jalen Suggs, Dom, Julian and Walker Kessler for an official at Kraziness in the Kennel on 10/5. That is a blueblood level recruiting visit if I’ve ever seen one!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh good its been reported!!!! I heard rumors of this and hinted at it in another thread.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,649

    Default

    Ths is some great news!!!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Per Jake Weingarten, Chet is going to be joining Jalen Suggs, Dom, Julian and Walker Kessler for an official at Kraziness in the Kennel on 10/5. That is a blueblood level recruiting visit if I’ve ever seen one!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Incredible is the only word that comes to mind, called my mini me who is now a man and told him Oct. 5 we are going to Kraziness...

    Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    7,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Per Jake Weingarten, Chet is going to be joining Jalen Suggs, Dom, Julian and Walker Kessler for an official at Kraziness in the Kennel on 10/5. That is a blueblood level recruiting visit if I’ve ever seen one!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be one heck of a starting lineup. This has to be the biggest visit ever for GU.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •