Thread: Oscar Tshiebwe leaving West Virginia

Default Oscar Tshiebwe leaving West Virginia

Not sure what's going on there or whether he still wants to play basketball, but he's a 6'9" 260 PF who averages 19pts/16reb per 40 on 54% shooting, with 3 years of eligibility left.

"A big, strong and burly post player, Tshiebwe is arguably the hardest playing prospect in the 2019 class. He’s tough, physical and doesn’t take plays off. Tshiebwe’s biggest value is in his rebounding, as he consistently goes to the glass, pursuing the ball with both hands. His motor seems to be endless and his brute strength is tough for opposing players to deal with at this stage. Offensively, Tshiebwe is quite raw. He looks to dunk everything. Next step is developing a go-to post move and improving his touch. He does consistent rim run, often beating the opposition for easy buckets. There’s value in his defense, because he doesn’t’ take plays off and most can’t handle the physical brand of basketball he plays. He also slides his feet relatively well and can handle switches on to wings on the perimeter. Tshiebwe will be a very productive college player, but at 6’8” there’s some size limitations. Tshiebwe should get drafted, but if he is going to stick in the league it will depend on his development."

Most likely headed to the Draft.

It is my understanding that he already inked with an agent. I personally think this hurts his draft stock and it is an unwise decision but let’s see how it plays out for him.

Big loss for WV. That kid is relentless. Unfair to speculate on the reason. I wish him well.

Leaving in the middle of the season. Football players leaving before their bowl games.

College sports have changed so much over the course of my lifetime.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Leaving in the middle of the season. Football players leaving before their bowl games.

College sports have changed so much over the course of my lifetime.
    Agreed. Football players opting out of a bowl game because of the chance of injury that might damage their draft potential was unheard of when we were younger.
    Why HE is leaving in the middle of the season is anybodies guess. We just don't know. Its too late for the draft, but I am sure he could play overseas....I don't know about the NBA, if somebody would take a flyer on him.
    It's not funny.

I watched a couple press conferences where Huggins basically called players out by name for poor performance. Huggins was very vocal about Tshiebwe. After pulling his name from the NBA draft and returning he never seemed to get back to the level he played last season. I'm sure being publicly berated doesn't really help in wanting to stick around. I've lost a lot of respect for Huggins over the last few years. If he hates his teams so much maybe he needs to retire and sit behind a mic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He has officially entered the transfer portal. Obviously it's unlikely that he comes here; I just found it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I watched a couple press conferences where Huggins basically called players out by name for poor performance. Huggins was very vocal about Tshiebwe. After pulling his name from the NBA draft and returning he never seemed to get back to the level he played last season. I'm sure being publicly berated doesn't really help in wanting to stick around. I've lost a lot of respect for Huggins over the last few years. If he hates his teams so much maybe he needs to retire and sit behind a mic.

And then he'd tell TV viewers about all the things he despises about college basketball these days. The kids aren't tough enough, etc. At least with Bobby "Red Sweater" Knight and Rick Majerus you learned a lot about the game, despite their awkward delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    And then he'd tell TV viewers about all the things he despises about college basketball these days. The kids aren't tough enough, etc. At least with Bobby "Red Sweater" Knight and Rick Majerus you learned a lot about the game, despite their awkward delivery.
    Yes we are fortunate and spoiled!!! Coach Few is very successful . He recruits players that work in a system that benefits from team play. He has tweaked it over the years and has grown as nessicary. Other coaches bash their system down players throats and complain after they loose blaming the players not adjusting to a vintage game plan.

He committed to Kentucky Wildcats

Quote Originally Posted by packlite View Post
    He committed to Kentucky Wildcats
    ?

Good Luck with that.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Yes we are fortunate and spoiled!!! Coach Few is very successful . He recruits players that work in a system that benefits from team play. He has tweaked it over the years and has grown as nessicary. Other coaches bash their system down players throats and complain after they loose blaming the players not adjusting to a vintage game plan.

The sign of a great coach is one who plays to his personnel. Not a guy who tries to slam a round peg into a square hole.

The weird thing was there were all these rumors being posted about Adidas tampering with him, trying to get him to go to an Adidas school, and then he ends up at Kentucky, a Nike school.

Kentucky seems like an odd fit to me. Could get even less playing time & attention.