Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2021 - Chet Holmgren

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Think the plan is to have both. Can't remember where I saw Chet say he was looking at visiting that weekend but I think he is.
    that would be awesome. don't believe i have seen that anywhere, so if you stumble upon it again please link!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    IMO Ballo is going to be the surprise of the season and “IF” he is still playing for GU, as he could go overseas or G-League after his frosh year, then he will be starting on this team...in fact, if he adjusts to the speed of D1 then he’ll have lots of PT this season and may just be the starting “5” at the end of the year...
    I believe this!

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    that would be awesome. don't believe i have seen that anywhere, so if you stumble upon it again please link!
    He hasn't announced yet but that is what people close to the staff are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    That and a chance to win a Natty. Look, I am realistic, Suggs is likely one and done even if he chooses the Zags. That said, there might be a slight pull for him to stay a second year if there is potential to win it all AND play with his friend.
    See Blake Griffin. Not everyone bails. There are many other examples throughout history, although prior to the stupid NBA rookie salary cap, the worst rule that has been adopted by any professional sports league in the past 40 years, most players stuck around until they were fully developed prospects. Even guys who were projected #1 NBA picks. There was no rush to go pro because if you took that risk as a "project", you could be paid $60K per year.

“I’m going to try and get some officials in during the school year,” he said. “Maybe some unofficials, I live right by Minnesota so I’ll stop by there a couple of times, definitely see some games this winter.”

“I want to go see Gonzaga, get down to Purdue, Texas, Ohio State and then figure out my last one,” he added.
    https://247sports.com/college/basket...and-134487400/

I see that this is the one recruit thread that jazz hasn't groused about.....yet. Maybe he knows something, ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    See Blake Griffin. Not everyone bails. There are many other examples throughout history, although prior to the stupid NBA rookie salary cap, the worst rule that has been adopted by any professional sports league in the past 40 years, most players stuck around until they were fully developed prospects. Even guys who were projected #1 NBA picks. There was no rush to go pro because if you took that risk as a "project", you could be paid $60K per year.
    Suggs is not a for sure one and done. He very easily could be, but there is optimism that he may stay 2 plus years.

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    Chet is one of our top priorities in 2021. Sounds like the visit will happen this fall and there will be another huge name plus huge reason Chet visits on campus at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Chet is one of our top priorities in 2021. Sounds like the visit will happen this fall and there will be another huge name plus huge reason Chet visits on campus at the same time.
    Banchero or somebody else?

I think Caldwell has hinted at a Chet/Suggs joint visit recently, which I'm sure he's referring to here.

Chet Holmgren, the number one ranked center for the class of 2021

"I asked Chet what it is like playing with one of the top ranked point guards in the nation, Jalen Suggs. “Playing with Jalen is something that can’t be replicated” he states. “He pushes me everyday to be better on and off the court as a friend and as a teammate”. With both these guys playing with each other for so long their chemistry was something any coach would want with their big man and point guard. These two together were almost unstoppable."

https://stockrisers.com/2019/08/21/c...class-of-2021/

We are 4 pages in now and the title of this thread still reads Chet Holgrem. Isn't it Holmgren, with an "n?" And if so, isn't there a way to fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    We are 4 pages in now and the title of this thread still reads Chet Holgrem. Isn't it Holmgren, with an "n?" And if so, isn't there a way to fix that?
    I don’t know what you are talking about.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Hmm seems fine to me. Must have been staring at the whelping box screen too long.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I don’t know what you are talking about.
    Haha. I feel like I’d have an easier time convincing people I was abducted by aliens.

The 17U All American Team

Chet Holmgren of Grassroots Sizzle. Led the UAA in blocks by 45! Also a top 15 scorer and top five rebounder in the UAA for a top 25 team nationally.

https://www.prephoops.com/2019/08/th...american-team/

Is he going to follow Suggs to Zagville ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Is he going to follow Suggs to Zagville ?
    If twitter is correct. Few's back there recruiting both as I type this. Holgren likes us............and so does Suggs. A Package would be nice . I think we have a reasonable chance.

Chet Holmgren is now the number 2 playing in the Top 247 and number 4 player in the composite. His move comes from jumping Patrick Baldwin and Terrence Clark reclassifying.

Per Jake Weingarten, Chet is going to be joining Jalen Suggs, Dom, Julian and Walker Kessler for an official at Kraziness in the Kennel on 10/5. That is a blueblood level recruiting visit if I’ve ever seen one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Per Jake Weingarten, Chet is going to be joining Jalen Suggs, Dom, Julian and Walker Kessler for an official at Kraziness in the Kennel on 10/5. That is a blueblood level recruiting visit if I’ve ever seen one!

Oh good its been reported!!!! I heard rumors of this and hinted at it in another thread.

Ths is some great news!!!

Incredible is the only word that comes to mind, called my mini me who is now a man and told him Oct. 5 we are going to Kraziness...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

That would be one heck of a starting lineup. This has to be the biggest visit ever for GU.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    That would be one heck of a starting lineup. This has to be the biggest visit ever for GU.