• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagsfanforlife
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2007

2021 - Chet Holmgren

Per his twitter, Chet Holmgren has been offered by GU
    Last edited by LongIslandZagFan; 08-22-2019, 02:52 PM.
  • caldwellzag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Per his twitter, Chet Holmgrem has been offered by GU
    We have had our eye on him and been in contact with both him and Suggs (they are teammates). Although I believe he is 2021 not 2020 unless he is reclassifying and I am not sure of it.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
      Zag for Life
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
      We have had our eye on him and been in contact with both him and Suggs (they are teammates). Although I believe he is 2021 not 2020 unless he is reclassifying and I am not sure of it.
      you're right. He is 2021!!

Comment

• caldwellzag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
        you're right. He is 2021!!
        He is our first 2021 offer, although I think we will offer Gregg and Carlson her shortly.

Comment

• IowaSERE
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Oct 2008

Good looking kid. I'd recruit Suggs water boy if that's what it takes!

Comment

• CarolinaZagFan
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2007

Geez!!! Kid looks great out there! Sign him up!
            "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• caldwellzag
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
              Good looking kid. I'd recruit Suggs water boy if that's what it takes!
              We are in full Suggs recruitment mode right now. Today will help, but offering Maxwell and now Holmgrem certainly will show how bad we want him here. Suggs may be one and done and never play with Holmgrem, but it shows just how high we are on Suggs.

Comment

• willandi
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

We are in full Suggs recruitment mode right now. Today will help, but offering Maxwell and now Holmgrem certainly will show how bad we want him here. Suggs may be one and done and never play with Holmgrem, but it shows just how high we are on Suggs.
                The question that pops into my mind is 'How good is the Suggs, Maxwell, Holmgren team? If the Zags are offering all three, but they weren't very good as a team, it seems like a lot of eggs in one basket.

It also seems like if Strawther commits, then Suggs and Maxwell, that room will have to be made. Are they good enough to do that? I would hope that the Zags coaching staff has been having talks with the players on the team, letting THEM know what might happen, just so it isn't a sudden 'Oh, by the way, your schollie isn't being renewed".

Totally off the wall, if Foster's Dad was NBA, would he have enough money to walk on to the team?
                Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• caldwellzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                  The question that pops into my mind is 'How good is the Suggs, Maxwell, Holmgren team? If the Zags are offering all three, but they weren't very good as a team, it seems like a lot of eggs in one basket.

It also seems like if Strawther commits, then Suggs and Maxwell, that room will have to be made. Are they good enough to do that? I would hope that the Zags coaching staff has been having talks with the players on the team, letting THEM know what might happen, just so it isn't a sudden 'Oh, by the way, your schollie isn't being renewed".

Totally off the wall, if Foster's Dad was NBA, would he have enough money to walk on to the team?
                  Holmgrem is 2021 and there should be plenty of room by then. We are in a new world of Gonzaga basketball and a lot of these guys are only going to be around from 1-3 years. Maxwell will be a role player, his offer would be along the lines of a Foster offer. You need these guys to be here and be in the program to make practice run better and then when they get a few minutes maybe they figure it out. Suggs is worth bring Maxwell on board in 2020 with him, Holmgrem is good enough on his own for a spot.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2018

Holmgrem is 2021 and there should be plenty of room by then. We are in a new world of Gonzaga basketball and a lot of these guys are only going to be around from 1-3 years. Maxwell will be a role player, his offer would be along the lines of a Foster offer. You need these guys to be here and be in the program to make practice run better and then when they get a few minutes maybe they figure it out. Suggs is worth bring Maxwell on board in 2020 with him, Holmgrem is good enough on his own for a spot.
                    And the answer to the money question is yes they do have the money, but honestly these players work hard to get a scholarship not live off daddy's money. Look at Foster same thing.

Comment

• DZ
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

And the answer to the money question is yes they do have the money, but honestly these players work hard to get a scholarship not live off daddy's money. Look at Foster same thing.
                      I would MUCH rather see Few use his ever-growing contact list (he is now sort of universally seen as "Hall of Fame" bound for what he's done, deservedly so) to get these kids to a place and a coach where they will be happy, playing, fulfilled. To me, THAT in no way lets the kid down like yanking a scholia would.

Of course, it would ultimately be left up to the player, Few could say "Here are the options. First, I have a lot of friends out there, and we could find yu a …. OR, if you really do want to stay, then we can work on a traditional financial aid package and see …. "

I suspect they do something just like that.
                      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                      Mark Twain.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2018

Good article on Chet. Know that this article was written before our offer went out, but was released today due to Corey getting approval from Chet prior to releasing it.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2009

Wow. Looks like a young Collins.

Comment

• Mantua
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
                            Wow. Looks like a young Collins.

Did Collins jump like that? I’m trying to imagine Holmgrem’s bounce with some muscle added to his frame.
                            Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

Working...
                            X