Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2021 - Chet Holmgren

Default 2021 - Chet Holmgren

We are in a good place for Chet right now. That being said it's a list of 7 schools that all have a shot, not to mention the G-League. If I had a prediction I would say we are in his top 2/3 and the way we develop bigs I definitely think we have a shot. I know we are in a great spot for Banchero and Watson, good spots with Chet and Hunter, this could end up being one of the greatest classes put together if you include Andrew, plus Kaden who is already committed.

Hey Caldy. Any updates on Hunter Sallis? I have heard absolutely NOTHING about him since his visit. Saw he got a haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    That's really a pretty strange list of finalists for such a highly rated prospect. Big 10 heavy is understandable because of where he is from. Georgetown has been nothing special for a long, long time, Memphis is stuck in the sinking ship known as the AAC, North Carolina ain't what they used to be lately. As noted no Duke or Kentucky...or Kansas. How many times does a top 5 or 10 recruit have NONE of those 3 on their list?

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    That's really a pretty strange list of finalists for such a highly rated prospect. Big 10 heavy is understandable because of where he is from. Georgetown has been nothing special for a long, long time, Memphis is stuck in the sinking ship known as the AAC, North Carolina ain't what they used to be lately. As noted no Duke or Kentucky...or Kansas. How many times does a top 5 or 10 recruit have NONE of those 3 on their list?
    UNC is not what they used to be? They had a rough year last year, but in the last 4 NCAA tourneys they have been a 1 seed 3 times and a 2 seed the other year, won a national championship and lost another championship game. Duke and Kentucky havent made the final four.

Default Anythi

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    We are in a good place for Chet right now. That being said it's a list of 7 schools that all have a shot, not to mention the G-League. If I had a prediction I would say we are in his top 2/3 and the way we develop bigs I definitely think we have a shot. I know we are in a great spot for Banchero and Watson, good spots with Chet and Hunter, this could end up being one of the greatest classes put together if you include Andrew, plus Kaden who is already committed.
    Anything on Bittle?

North Carolina ain't what they used to be lately.
    UNC is at about as good a place as any program. They earned the benefit of the doubt until they string together more than a mere few head scratching seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    UNC is at about as good a place as any program. They earned the benefit of the doubt until they string together more than a mere few head scratching seasons.
    NCAA referees agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    NCAA referees agree with you.
    Sour grapes. The banners are hung. Time to move on and try again.
    Last edited by zagdontzig; 06-29-2020 at 08:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Default 2021 - Chet Holmgren

I don’t find it strange at all. Maybe he sees the writing on the wall with Kansas. He has UNC so can see why no Duke. Might not care for the SEC. Growing up in the B1G footprint, maybe he prefers Michigan, OSU, or homestate Minnesota. Georgetown is on a lot of guys lists, as is Memphis, with Ewing/Penny coaching but neither is likely the choice anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No real news on Hunter or Bittle, we are pushing hard for both. Bittle, as weird as this is to say, is not the priority of the 3 big men. Now would we take a commitment if he called tomorrow and said he wanted to come, yes we would. Out of the two I think Hunter is the more likely of the two to be a Zag. If I gave my confidence meter of being a Zag in 2021 it would go 1) Watson 2) Paolo 3) Chet 4) Hunter 5) Bittle 6) PG to develop behind Andrew (actually this is higher, but not ready to name names yet).

No real news on Hunter or Bittle, we are pushing hard for both. Bittle, as weird as this is to say, is not the priority of the 3 big men. Now would we take a commitment if he called tomorrow and said he wanted to come, yes we would. Out of the two I think Hunter is the more likely of the two to be a Zag. If I gave my confidence meter of being a Zag in 2021 it would go 1) Watson 2) Paolo 3) Chet 4) Hunter 5) Bittle 6) PG to develop behind Andrew (actually this is higher, but not ready to name names yet).
    Give me Watson and Paolo along with who would be returning for 2021 and I would be one happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Give me Watson and Paolo along with who would be returning for 2021 and I would be one happy camper.
    Me too, but I would prefer a motel with a good mini bar.
    It's not funny.

We still on Ben Gregg? Have a feeling that dude is about to blowup!

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    We still on Ben Gregg? Have a feeling that dude is about to blowup!
    In on him yes, ready to offer him a scholarship, no.

https://stockrisers.com/s/50/the-nat...ommitment-date

Feels like GU is definitely a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by GuZag2012 View Post
    Looks like Chet has added a few pounds. Imagine him in the Olynyk Clinic for a season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Looks like Chet has added a few pounds. Imagine him in the Olynyk Clinic for a season.
    Umm ... when forming that thought, were you basing it on the photo in your post (Admon's), or on the illustration?
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

The number one or two recruit in the nation is not going to red-shirt, I don't care how skinny he is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    The number one or two recruit in the nation is not going to red-shirt, I don't care how skinny he is.
    My bad, I did not mean red-shirt. I meant a year with the ( best ) trainer would do him good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    +10
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Non-related but a true story: when I was a kid, I saw California Angel shortstop Dick Schofield LEAP in an attempt to catch a line drive home run that Dave Winfield hit. I have never seen anything like it and I never I will. Winfield hit a baseball harder than any hitter I have ever witnessed. I wish they had the computer technology back in his day to measure the speed off a ball coming of his bat. He was a terrific athlete and always one of my favorite baseball players.
    I saw that too CDC. He had hops Dick did....

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I saw that too CDC. He had hops Dick did....
    I remember his dad Ducky ....the granddad of Jayson Werth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    https://stockrisers.com/s/50/the-nat...ommitment-date

Feels like GU is definitely a contender.
    Plucked this off today's article about Minnesota talent:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...esota-takeover

Chet's father, Dave Holmgren, said he is analyzing every potential option, but college remains his top choice.

"I personally don't know enough right now," Dave said. "We're planning on going to school. That's our plan. It has to be the right fit. He doesn't want an 'NBA combine' school."
    My hunch is that if Jalen Suggs' experience here is good, Chet will be matriculating at GU next summer. Is there any better location for player development than GU? The alumni of the Olynyk Clinic continues to grow: Nigel, Brandon, and now Andrew's in the program. Brandon is IMO the "crown jewel", considering his rise from obscurity at San Jose State to landing on the NBA All Rookie team.

That quote is fantastic for us in comparison with the factory schools.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V