Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2021 - Chet Holmgren

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Ballo is not going to play nearly as much as some think from what I’ve heard. He has huge upside but he is going to be here two more years. I’d expect flashes from him but he’s looking at 15-20 minutes a game at best. Think Rui development plan but in the post. He will definitely help this year.

As for Timme, I’d expect a big step up but I’d say the odds of him heading to the NBA after this year for him are low. Sure, he could declare to get feedback.

Watson is going to be a real player but he’s almost zero in terms of leaving for the NBA after this year.
    LOL. Maybe we should let basic team activities and practice to start before we start throwing out predictions. I don’t know how anyone is hearing anything when players haven’t been in the gym in months.

Watson learned just how precarious the expectations for an athlete to make the Show are.

I could easily see him going if there is any interest. Nobody knows about the amount of interest until the season is played.
    It's not funny.

I don't think that he would be competing with Ballo for PT. Ballo will be playing at the 5, Chet at the 3-4

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    LOL. Maybe we should let basic team activities and practice to start before we start throwing out predictions. I don’t know how anyone is hearing anything when players haven’t been in the gym in months.
    Ok, I guess I’ve heard nothing about their plans. Thanks for letting me know. I’m gonna stand by my post though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Non-related but a true story: when I was a kid, I saw California Angel shortstop Dick Schofield LEAP in an attempt to catch a line drive home run that Dave Winfield hit. I have never seen anything like it and I never I will. Winfield hit a baseball harder than any hitter I have ever witnessed. I wish they had the computer technology back in his day to measure the speed off a ball coming of his bat. He was a terrific athlete and always one of my favorite baseball players.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Non-related but a true story: when I was a kid, I saw California Angel shortstop Dick Schofield LEAP in an attempt to catch a line drive home run that Dave Winfield hit. I have never seen anything like it and I never I will. Winfield hit a baseball harder than any hitter I have ever witnessed. I wish they had the computer technology back in his day to measure the speed off a ball coming of his bat. He was a terrific athlete and always one of my favorite baseball players.
    I vaguely remember that same homerun. It was unreal how hard he hit the ball. Another guy, off topic as well, that just uncoiled on a Baseball was Dave Parker. He’d hit the ball so hard sometimes the game cameras would barely catch up to it before it was at the wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chet just had a pretty cryptic tweet this afternoon

chet holmgren
    @ChetHolmgren

This Friday? (Thinking face emoji) (Eyes emoji)

12:48 PM · Jun 22, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

EDIT: As soon as I posted this the announcement came that he will cut his list to 7 this Friday.

The #1 Ranked Prospect in the 2021 Class, @ChetHolmgren, will cut his list to seven sometime towards this end of this week.
    Last edited by Zag1203; 06-22-2020 at 01:10 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Chet just had a pretty cryptic tweet this afternoon

chet holmgren
    @ChetHolmgren

This Friday? (Thinking face emoji) (Eyes emoji)

12:48 PM · Jun 22, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

EDIT: As soon as I posted this the announcement came that he will cut his list to 7 this Friday.

The #1 Ranked Prospect in the 2021 Class, @ChetHolmgren, will cut his list to seven sometime towards this end of this week.
    I wonder who the other 6 will be?

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    I wonder who the other 6 will be?
    In order of confidence, these are the schools that I would expect to be in his final 7

Gonzaga (lock)
    Minnesota (lock)
    North Carolina (lock)
    Ohio State
    Georgetown
    Michigan
    Texas or Memphis

In order of confidence, these are the schools that I would expect to be in his final 7

Gonzaga (lock)
    Minnesota (lock)
    North Carolina (lock)
    Ohio State
    Georgetown
    Michigan
    Texas or Memphis
    Can't imagine why he would want to play at Georgetown or Texas.

Jalen Suggs, Chet Holmgren should consider going straight preps-to-pros due to Covid-19 pandemic, AAU coach says

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/06/23/...au-coach-says/

Chet Holmgren includes Gonzaga in his Final 7 schools per his Instagram and Twitter

Ohio State
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    North Carolina
    Gonzaga
    Georgetown
    Memphis

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/stat...37199438618624

Chet Holmgren cuts list to seven schools, talks G League option

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/06/26/...league-option/

A nice local (Star Tribune) article about Chet with some new info about him (and his 90" wingspan). What an exciting recruit!

https://www.startribune.com/college-...ame/571512142/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

The best thing about that list for me is no Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    The best thing about that list for me is no Kentucky.
    or Duke

His skill set says to me a 7' Killian Tillie, or skinny Dirk Nawitski. He would look great in a Zag uniform, along side Paulo and Baby Shaq, with a second unit of Watson, Bittle, and a much improved Zacharov or Perry. Guards of Nembhard, Harris, Strawther, and maybe Ayeye or Sallis. Heck that is not even counting Watson, who may commit before any of these other guys in next years class. Heck lets play this year first though as we are starting out of the gate as #1 Things are looking great in Zagville.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    His skill set says to me a 7' Killian Tillie, or skinny Dirk Nawitski. He would look great in a Zag uniform, along side Paulo and Baby Shaq, with a second unit of Watson, Bittle, and a much improved Zacharov or Perry. Guards of Nembhard, Harris, Strawther, and maybe Ayeye or Sallis. Heck that is not even counting Watson, who may commit before any of these other guys in next years class. Heck lets play this year first though as we are starting out of the gate as #1 Things are looking great in Zagville.
    Haha I love what I see. If Paolo and Chet are there, it is unlikely Bittle will want to sit, but I love the looks of that lineup if we can make it happen. Truly looks menacing.

Gonzaga (lock)
    Minnesota (lock)
    North Carolina (lock)
    Ohio State
    Georgetown
    Michigan
    Texas or Memphis
    I'm gonna take a bow and brag that I correctly predicted Chet's final 7. This is my Caldwell moment and high point of these message boards except it was basically just a lucky hunch and definitely not inside information

I'm gonna take a bow and brag that I correctly predicted Chet's final 7. This is my Caldwell moment and high point of these message boards except it was basically just a lucky hunch and definitely not inside information
    Sorry but you listed eight schools not seven and you are not allowed to use "or" to solidify your argument. However, a grade of 87.5% is a solid B- on my grade scale (D-70-77; C-78-85; B-86-93; and A-94-100)...lol and have a nice day too!

PS: You did well!

Oh, when can we begin the "naysayer" posts on Chet not coming to GU - no way no how?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Sorry but you listed eight schools not seven and you are not allowed to use "or" to solidify your argument. However, a grade of 87.5% is a solid B- on my grade scale (D-70-77; C-78-85; B-86-93; and A-94-100)...lol and have a nice day too!

PS: You did well!

Oh, when can we begin the "naysayer" posts on Chet not coming to GU - no way no how?

[Enter Jazz, stage left]

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsTilDeath View Post
    Haha I love what I see. If Paolo and Chet are there, it is unlikely Bittle will want to sit, but I love the looks of that lineup if we can make it happen. Truly looks menacing.
    There would be room for Chet and Bittle. Bittle is not going to start and play 35 minutes anywhere, until he puts on 20 or 30 lbs. He might as well come here and spell Chet for 8 to 10 minutes a game as a freshman, on the nation's #1 team, then if Chet leaves, start as a soph. That way we could have a 7' skinny man that can shoot, and would be a matchup nightmare for any other team in the country in the lineup at all times. Paulo, Ballo, Perry, and Zakorav are enough to handle the middle. I'm just dreaming while I'm setting here with nothing to do, but I'm getting ahead of myself here. Let's enjoy this year's #1 team first, then the next year will take care of it's self, especially if we could win the national championship this year.
    Last edited by TheOtherGreatOne; 06-27-2020 at 11:24 AM.

I am not stalking his social media page or anything (haha), but I do find it eye brow raising that on twitter his likes that only pertain to a specific school are :

Slipper Still Fits post about his final 7, and Admon Gilder telling him to come to GU and that thats the only move.

Also liking a post about Paolo Banchero this past week got me a little giddy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I am not stalking his social media page or anything (haha), but I do find it eye brow raising that on twitter his likes that only pertain to a specific school are :

Slipper Still Fits post about his final 7, and Admon Gilder telling him to come to GU and that thats the only move.

Also liking a post about Paolo Banchero this past week got me a little giddy as well.
    Would you like to share?