• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyZag
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Is there a comparable player to Zion in the league currently?
    Unfortunately, we don't get to see Zions measurables today so we don't know. That is the advantage of skipping this process as a projected lottery pick.

Comment

• FlyZag
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by MileHigh View Post
      I think a comparable player is Montrez Harrell with the Clippers. Undersized 6-8/6-9 center that plays big minutes because of his motor and leaping ability.
      A player drafted in the SECOND round. also has a HUGE wingspan.

Harrell measured only 6'7 without shoes, but compensated with a huge 7'4.25 wingspan. Harrell's wingspan to height differential is a ridiculous 9.25 inches. His 253 pound frame for his length and explosiveness puts him in a somewhat unique group body-type wise. He's essentially a bigger version of Ike Diogu who measured 6'6.5 without shoes with a 7'3.5 wingspan and a 255 pound frame. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Harrell-7019/ ©DraftExpress

Comment

• Zagdawg
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I think Clarke is going in the first round --- fly-- let me know if you want to make a friendly wager if you think he is dropping into the 2nd round due to his measurements.

Comment

• FlyZag
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Nov 2007

I think Clarke is going in the first round --- fly-- let me know if you want to make a friendly wager if you think he is dropping into the 2nd round due to his measurements.
          Go re-read my post. I said *might*. I think he's first round talent. He's shown that. I've seen it in game action with my own eyes. HOWEVER, I also have a brain. With his measurables being released today, it was shocking. It is VERY rare for an NBA player to have a wingspan not exceed his height. ESPECIALLY for an already undersized post. I think this *MIGHT* hurt his draft stock. At one point he was looking like a lottery pick. With those measurables I find it hard to believe he will go any higher than late first. Second rd seeming more and more possible.

Comment

• Zagdawg
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Have you been paying attention to how he is doing in the skills testing?

Comment

• Zagdawg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Best lane agility time:

Player Position Time (seconds)
              Brandon Clarke SF 10.61
              Devon Dotson PG 10.63
              Terence Davis SG 10.69
              Jaylen Nowell SG 10.76
              Kevin Porter Jr. SG 10.82

Player Position Max vertical leap (inches)
              Brandon Clarke SF 40.5
              Devon Dotson PG 38.5
              Nassir Little SF 38.5
              Jaylen Nowell SG 38.5
              Eric Paschall SF 38.0
              Charles Matthews SG 37.5
              KZ Okpala SF 37.0
              Shamorie Ponds PG 37.0
              Brian Bowen II SF 35.5
              Jaxson Hayes PF 34.5
              Terence Davis SG 34.0

Comment

• FlyZag
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Nov 2007

Have you been paying attention to how he is doing in the skills testing?
                I have, he's killing it. but watch this it's not just me

Mike Schmitz and Jonathan Givony analyze the results of the NBA Combine measurements, including Brandon Clarke's surprisingly poor figures, Bol Bol's weight ...

Comment

• stretch
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FlyZag View Post
                  I have, he's killing it. but watch this it's not just me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K9nM3L5xns
                  The Combine measurements were not good news for Brandon according to Jonathan Givony.

Comment

• gonstu
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

At this point, his best bet might be to come back to GU for a year to work on that wingspan.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Maybe if he comes back he can improve his efficiency ranking also --- maybe even get to #1

Player Efficiency Rating Leaders - Top 100 Qualified
                      RK PLAYER GP MPG AST TO USG ORR DRR REBR PER
                      1 Zion Williamson, DUKE 29 29.1 10.7 11.7 23.7 11.5 18.0 14.8 42.55
                      2 Brandon Clarke, GONZ 33 27.6 12.3 9.4 18.9 11.5 20.0 15.7 37.73

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• phxfireflames
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Mar 2009

Maybe if he comes back he can improve his efficiency ranking also --- maybe even get to #1

Player Efficiency Rating Leaders - Top 100 Qualified
                        RK PLAYER GP MPG AST TO USG ORR DRR REBR PER
                        1 Zion Williamson, DUKE 29 29.1 10.7 11.7 23.7 11.5 18.0 14.8 42.55
                        2 Brandon Clarke, GONZ 33 27.6 12.3 9.4 18.9 11.5 20.0 15.7 37.73

http://insider.espn.com/mens-college...ger/statistics
                        There is an opening for the PG position, so maybe BC can bump those assists #'s up.

Comment

• OntZags
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by gonstu View Post
                          At this point, his best bet might be to come back to GU for a year to work on that wingspan.
                          Get the wingspan stretcher.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                            Zag for Life
                            • Sep 2009

6-8 wingspan, w 6-8 ht... = NOT GOOD. There are Guards with better than a 6-8 wingspan. BC might slip into 2nd rd.
                            Wingspan might have become the most overrated stat there is. And I'd bet that this is not a sudden new revelation, but something known all along and factored into his current projections.

Comment

• OntZags
                              Professional Zag Fan
                              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
                              Wingspan might have become the most overrated stat there is. And I'd bet that this is not a sudden new revelation, but something known all along and factored into his current projections.
                              While I agree that wingspan can definitely be overrated and sometimes you just have to look at the results. Like what can they actually do. Footwork, timing, bbiq etc. etc. are also so important.

But wingspan is still way more important than height. How high your head sits is way less important than how far your arms extend.

Comment

• willandi
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2007

6-8 wingspan, w 6-8 ht... = NOT GOOD. There are Guards with better than a 6-8 wingspan. BC might slip into 2nd rd.
                                I have read what you have written, what was are the reasons behind what you are saying?

I would imagine that a NBA GM could look at a player and tell you within 1/2" of what his height and wingspan are. That is their job. The combine just confirms it. Gonzaga has had virtually every game televised, and they, if they were doing due diligence, have watched what the on-air pundits have been saying is one of the top players in the NCAA, especially after beating Duke.

What makes you believe that you would know more than them, or that, seeing the actual numbers, they would suddenly ignore a years worth of work and pass based on 1'2" or so?
                                Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X