Thread: 2020 Tristan Maxwell

Default 2020 Tristan Maxwell

Zags have offered 2020 guard Tristan Maxwell. Father is former NBA player Vernon Maxwell

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Zags have offered 2020 guard Tristan Maxwell. Father is former NBA player Vernon Maxwell
    Not to make too many assumptions but i cannot think that if this is true that bodes well for our chances at Jalen.. if we actually did offer him, I am going to guess that Jalen has indicated something to the coaches that made them go after another 2020 point guard. Wouldn't make sense to offer Maxwell if they thought they had Jalen

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Not to make too many assumptions but i cannot think that if this is true that bodes well for our chances at Jalen.. if we actually did offer him, I am going to guess that Jalen has indicated something to the coaches that made them go after another 2020 point guard. Wouldn't make sense to offer Maxwell if they thought they had Jalen
    They are buddies and both posted a picture on Instagram which said “Zaga’s package deal” There was a third player in the photo named Chet Holmgren that I hadn’t heard of...but overall not a bad sign.

Quote Originally Posted by tenniszag View Post
    They are buddies and both posted a picture on Instagram which said “Zaga’s package deal” There was a third player in the photo named Chet Holmgren that I hadn’t heard of...but overall not a bad sign.
    Oh well thats a good sign. Holmgrem is a stud. I would take him too

has me thinking of marcus smart and phil forte. that worked out well for OSU, i'd say.

adding holmgren would be next level.

Quote Originally Posted by tenniszag View Post
    Do you have a screen shot or anything of that? That's something that should be visually shown and not just stated on a board

Quote Originally Posted by jchocolate99 View Post
    Do you have a screen shot or anything of that? That's something that should be visually shown and not just stated on a board

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNation View Post
    Was just going to come back and say nevermind after seeing it on the other thread hahaha

Nothing about Tristan’s game screams point guard. Dude is straight up shooting guard just like his pops was. That would be some kind of 4 guard rotation with him, Suggs, Harris and Ravet. Could include strawther if he played a little two guard as well.

And for the uninitiated (like me), 6'2, 180lbs, 3 star with offers form a couple smaller schools so far and listed as the 49th best PG or 58th shooting guard depending where you look. National ranking in the 250's but that seems way off, maybe just because of how early it is. For as young as he is he has a good frame. Not a fast shot necessarily but very smooth and shows an all around game.

Package DEAL, indeed. Hey, whatever works..

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNation View Post
    There is definitely something here. Suggs and Maxwell are good friends and would like to play together at the next level if possible. Not sure Maxwell truly fits into the Gonzaga mold though. this is looking like the final push to make sure Jalen comes on board. I got a call in to my buddy to confirm but I would not look at this is a sign jalen's going anywhere but Gonzaga

Maxwell looks like instant offense off the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Maxwell looks like instant offense
    fixed it for you lol

We dont know who we'll have or for how long but recruiting aggressive, capable guards like him shows we are looking in the right direction.

Not many schools are going to wait around and put all their stock in a kid still deciding the actual sport he will play at next level.

Living in Minneapolis, I can tell you, everyone keeps saying he is going to a Big 10 school where he can either play BOTH sports or at least celebrate both.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Not many schools are going to wait around and put all their stock in a kid still deciding the actual sport he will play at next level.

Living in Minneapolis, I can tell you, everyone keeps saying he is going to a Big 10 school where he can either play BOTH sports or at least celebrate both.
    He wants to go to a BIG 10 school so that he can watch football if he picks basketball? This makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    He wants to go to a BIG 10 school so that he can watch football if he picks basketball? This makes no sense.
    i have no idea "why". Should have prefaced that, I keep hearing "Big 10 school" amongst the people who follow the local recruiting scene.

No schools in particular were mentioned. Someone jokingly said 'Iowa' to me the other day, yet this doesn't make any sense, so dismissed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    i have no idea "why". Should have prefaced that, I keep hearing "Big 10 school" amongst the people who follow the local recruiting scene.

No schools in particular were mentioned. Someone jokingly said 'Iowa' to me the other day, yet this doesn't make any sense, so dismissed it.
    I'd argue these people probably know about 10% as much as others, like Caldwell....