Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: 2020 Tristan Maxwell

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    651

    Default 2020 Tristan Maxwell

    Zags have offered 2020 guard Tristan Maxwell. Father is former NBA player Vernon Maxwell

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Zags have offered 2020 guard Tristan Maxwell. Father is former NBA player Vernon Maxwell
    Not to make too many assumptions but i cannot think that if this is true that bodes well for our chances at Jalen.. if we actually did offer him, I am going to guess that Jalen has indicated something to the coaches that made them go after another 2020 point guard. Wouldn't make sense to offer Maxwell if they thought they had Jalen

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane/Phoenix
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Not to make too many assumptions but i cannot think that if this is true that bodes well for our chances at Jalen.. if we actually did offer him, I am going to guess that Jalen has indicated something to the coaches that made them go after another 2020 point guard. Wouldn't make sense to offer Maxwell if they thought they had Jalen
    They are buddies and both posted a picture on Instagram which said “Zaga’s package deal” There was a third player in the photo named Chet Holmgren that I hadn’t heard of...but overall not a bad sign.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenniszag View Post
    They are buddies and both posted a picture on Instagram which said “Zaga’s package deal” There was a third player in the photo named Chet Holmgren that I hadn’t heard of...but overall not a bad sign.
    Oh well thats a good sign. Holmgrem is a stud. I would take him too

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    has me thinking of marcus smart and phil forte. that worked out well for OSU, i'd say.

    adding holmgren would be next level.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenniszag View Post
    They are buddies and both posted a picture on Instagram which said “Zaga’s package deal” There was a third player in the photo named Chet Holmgren that I hadn’t heard of...but overall not a bad sign.
    Do you have a screen shot or anything of that? That's something that should be visually shown and not just stated on a board

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jchocolate99 View Post
    Do you have a screen shot or anything of that? That's something that should be visually shown and not just stated on a board

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagNation View Post
    Was just going to come back and say nevermind after seeing it on the other thread hahaha

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Not to make too many assumptions but i cannot think that if this is true that bodes well for our chances at Jalen.. if we actually did offer him, I am going to guess that Jalen has indicated something to the coaches that made them go after another 2020 point guard. Wouldn't make sense to offer Maxwell if they thought they had Jalen
    Nothing about Tristan’s game screams point guard. Dude is straight up shooting guard just like his pops was. That would be some kind of 4 guard rotation with him, Suggs, Harris and Ravet. Could include strawther if he played a little two guard as well.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,055

    Default

    And for the uninitiated (like me), 6'2, 180lbs, 3 star with offers form a couple smaller schools so far and listed as the 49th best PG or 58th shooting guard depending where you look. National ranking in the 250's but that seems way off, maybe just because of how early it is. For as young as he is he has a good frame. Not a fast shot necessarily but very smooth and shows an all around game.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,606

    Default

    Package DEAL, indeed. Hey, whatever works..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagNation View Post
    There is definitely something here. Suggs and Maxwell are good friends and would like to play together at the next level if possible. Not sure Maxwell truly fits into the Gonzaga mold though. this is looking like the final push to make sure Jalen comes on board. I got a call in to my buddy to confirm but I would not look at this is a sign jalen's going anywhere but Gonzaga

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    Maxwell looks like instant offense off the bench!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Maxwell looks like instant offense
    fixed it for you lol

    We dont know who we'll have or for how long but recruiting aggressive, capable guards like him shows we are looking in the right direction.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Not to make too many assumptions but i cannot think that if this is true that bodes well for our chances at Jalen.. if we actually did offer him, I am going to guess that Jalen has indicated something to the coaches that made them go after another 2020 point guard. Wouldn't make sense to offer Maxwell if they thought they had Jalen
    Not many schools are going to wait around and put all their stock in a kid still deciding the actual sport he will play at next level.

    Living in Minneapolis, I can tell you, everyone keeps saying he is going to a Big 10 school where he can either play BOTH sports or at least celebrate both.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Not many schools are going to wait around and put all their stock in a kid still deciding the actual sport he will play at next level.

    Living in Minneapolis, I can tell you, everyone keeps saying he is going to a Big 10 school where he can either play BOTH sports or at least celebrate both.
    He wants to go to a BIG 10 school so that he can watch football if he picks basketball? This makes no sense.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    He wants to go to a BIG 10 school so that he can watch football if he picks basketball? This makes no sense.
    i have no idea "why". Should have prefaced that, I keep hearing "Big 10 school" amongst the people who follow the local recruiting scene.

    No schools in particular were mentioned. Someone jokingly said 'Iowa' to me the other day, yet this doesn't make any sense, so dismissed it.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    i have no idea "why". Should have prefaced that, I keep hearing "Big 10 school" amongst the people who follow the local recruiting scene.

    No schools in particular were mentioned. Someone jokingly said 'Iowa' to me the other day, yet this doesn't make any sense, so dismissed it.
    I'd argue these people probably know about 10% as much as others, like Caldwell....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •