Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Perkins playing in the Portsmouth Invitational this week

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo13 View Post
    No.

PIT players rarely get invited. Not sure if ther have been any the last few years. It is an audition mostly for foreign scouts and the G nowadays. A few guys will still get camp invites and even a UFA or two way contract, but not many.

69 guys were invited to the combine last year. Perkins ain’t Top 70 on big boards is he?

Clarke, Rui will get invited...probably Tillie.
    True that most PIT players dont get combine invites, but Two Colorado U players have recently got combine invites based on their PIT performance. Derrick White 2017 and George King 2018. Both are now in NBA. All 30 NBA teams had management reps at the PIT and Josh had 15+ interviews with those reps while he was there.

Starting this year the G league Elite camp has basically combined with the combine (E camp starts couple days before combine is same location in Chicago) and they invite another 40 players to that camp so you are looking at over 100 players in Chicago for that week to play and be evaluated by pro scouts. Josh agent is pretty confident, based on how he did at PIT, that he will get one of those 100 slots. I think Norvell gets an invite as well so you might see 5 Zags in Chicago that week

Thanks for the update, Mile! I have a feeling Josh is going to have a real nice career!
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    True that most PIT players dont get combine invites, but Two Colorado U players have recently got combine invites based on their PIT performance. Derrick White 2017 and George King 2018. Both are now in NBA. All 30 NBA teams had management reps at the PIT and Josh had 15+ interviews with those reps while he was there.

Starting this year the G league Elite camp has basically combined with the combine (E camp starts couple days before combine is same location in Chicago) and they invite another 40 players to that camp so you are looking at over 100 players in Chicago for that week to play and be evaluated by pro scouts. Josh agent is pretty confident, based on how he did at PIT, that he will get one of those 100 slots. I think Norvell gets an invite as well so you might see 5 Zags in Chicago that week
    Thanks for the info. In any case, I've got to think that Josh made himself a good deal of money with that performance, whether in the US or overseas.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

you might see 5 Zags in Chicago that week

Put 'em all on the same team; they'll already know a few plays!

Thanks for the info, MH.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

Thanks MileHigh tell Josh were rooting for him and have great faith he will be just fine
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

yep

Two Cougars (CJ Elleby and Robert Franks) along with a Zag (Josh Perkins) have been invited to the upcoming NBA G League Elite Camp.
    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ue-fall-trend/

Hey alright, nice job Perkins!

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Hey alright, nice job Perkins!
    Ditto!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png