Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rui Declares

Aloha Hachimura San.... Mahalo Nui Loa Rui.... amazing growth across the board... gonna miss that smile...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

I think he's do well to stay another year. Best wishes to him though. CDC might know. new rules. Can he hire an agent and still return if he wants up to May 29??

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I think he's do well to stay another year. Best wishes to him though. CDC might know. new rules. Can he hire an agent and still return if he wants up to May 29??
    He can still return.

That said, he’s gone and not coming back. He should go. Good luck to him. He was a great zag (and always will be).

His path has had the least suspense of just about anybody. People in the know from, seemingly, day one said he was on a 3-year plan. I think his stock might have dropped a bit, but I look forward to rooting for him in the NBA. I just hope he doesn't go to the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    His path has had the least suspense of just about anybody. People in the know from, seemingly, day one said he was on a 3-year plan. I think his stock might have dropped a bit, but I look forward to rooting for him in the NBA. I just hope he doesn't go to the Lakers
    Lakers love Zags.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Great job Rui! Now go be the Ichiro of the NBA!!
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Thank you, Rui, for pouring your heart and soul and sweat into becoming the best Zag you could be. Now go do same in NBA and know that ZagNation is behind you 110%. The best is yet to come...
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

thanks for a wonderful 3 years Rui,
    you represent what we all love about zags

Does anyone who follows the NBA know of a team selecting in that ~7-17 range that might be a good fit for Rui?

I really hope he goes somewhere that supports him. The difference between Sabonis' first year (OKC) and second (Indiana) was night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Does anyone who follows the NBA know of a team selecting in that ~7-17 range that might be a good fit for Rui?

I really hope he goes somewhere that supports him. The difference between Sabonis' first year (OKC) and second (Indiana) was night and day.
    Ain't it the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Lakers love Zags.
    It’s uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post

Here is the draft order as best we can tell today:

Team Lottery Odds
    New York 14.0%
    Cleveland 14.0%
    Phoenix 14.0%
    Chicago 12.5%
    Atlanta 10.5%
    Washington 9.0%
    New Orleans 6.0%
    Memphis1 6.0%
    Dallas2 6.0%
    Minnesota 3.0%
    Los Angeles Lakers 2.0%
    Charlotte 1.0%
    Miami 1.0%
    Sacramento (to Boston or to Philadelphia)3 1.0%

The order for the remainder of the first-round picks is as follows:

15. Detroit
    16. Orlando
    17. Brooklyn
    18. Indiana
    19. San Antonio
    20. LA Clippers (to Boston via Memphis)
    21. Oklahoma City
    22. Boston
    23. Utah
    24. Philadelphia4
    25. Portland
    26. Houston (to Cleveland)
    27. Denver (to Brooklyn)
    28. Golden State
    29. Toronto (to San Antonio)
    30. Milwaukee
    I'm kind of hoping he goes to Dallas, Miami or Indiana. Dallas is building a nice squad with Doncic and Porzingis; Miami is well coached (I like Spoelstra); Indiana also well coached and would be cool to see him play w Sabonis. I'd also love to see him go to Milwaukee or San Antonio...Milwaukee for their style of play and San Antonio just because of the coaching and culture there, but I think Rui will get drafted before either of those teams have a shot at him.

Don't want to see Rui w the Lakers...that team is a dumpster fire now and LeBron's ego, no matter how well he spins things, sucks all the oxygen out of a team.... just not a place for a youngster to come in and build confidence.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Spurs

Just no Knicks* and no Lakers. Celtics or Spurs would be a great starting point for him.

*This is from a Knicks fan... I love Rui more than my Knicks.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Thanks for the wonderful entertaining ride.

Good luck and may your dreams come true.

Thanks Rui

The Sixers have no good bench players at this time that could score, would love to see the Sixers somehow trade up a few slots to get Rui.

Jim Meehan tweeting Marin few’s quotes on Rui: “Mark Few on Rui: “An amazing story and it couldn’t happen to a better person and family. He’s been an absolute joy to be around. I respect the heck out of him, making the sacrifices he made, an amazing amount of respect for how hard he's worked and how driven he is. And how he’s stayed the same through it all. He literally hasn’t changed with all this success. I’m going to miss him, going to miss that smile, that personality, but man he has a really bright future ahead of him. It’ll be really cool to see that play out.”

Lakers with Jonathan Williams (if he sticks around) would be great!
    Lebron and the Zags!

Have we ever had 2 Zags on the same NBA team?

- rui, thanks for taking a leap of faith, and coming overseas and getting an education and playing basketball at Gonzaga.
    - your character, effort and smile have blessed us................let us ride along, behind, as you take the next step forward in your life.
    - yes once a zag, always a zag.

Rui’s smile is up there with Turiaf’s! He’ll always be one of my all time favorites, and I think he’ll have one of the most special NBA careers of the modern era! Go continue to represent the Zags!

There are so many great stories about Rui. I hope we continue to hear more as time passes and the legend of “Lucas” grows.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...-last.amp.html

It was always a 3 year plan. And it worked out perfectly. Rui still has some improving to do (especially on defense), but I think the NBA can take it from here. Congrats Rui and to Gonzaga for producing yet another inevitable first round draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Lakers with Jonathan Williams (if he sticks around) would be great!
    Lebron and the Zags!

Have we ever had 2 Zags on the same NBA team?
    Sacre and Ammo on LAL?

Now that I know Donnie Daniels is retiring. I can now say who told me Rui wasn't going to be ready to join Gonzaga for the 2016 season. Matt Santangelo echoed the same story Donnie told me back in February 2016, after the USD game. It really shows how hard Rui worked to get to Gonzaga back in 2016.
    " You gotta love the one who loves you "

One of the greats. We are lucky to have him as a Zag for life. Amazing young man.
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby