• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willandi
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Which would you prefer

If Tillie comes back, and Ballo is added, there is room for one of Rui or Brandon...unless you want a Grad transfer guard.

This is making a presumption that Tillie comes back. I don't expect it, but of the three, he is most likely, in my opinion.

Which of the three would you prefer?
    Rui
    Brandon
    Grad transfer (PG)
    Rui
    10.00%
    Brandon
    55.00%
    Grad Transfer Point Guard
    35.00%

The poll is expired.

Not even a smile? What's your problem!
  • LTownZag
    Banned
    • Mar 2017

I voted BC (though it kind of depends on who the guard is).

Thought I agree with the original poster that Rui and BC will both go pro and Tillie is a tossup.

BC is just such a fun, entertaining, dynamic player. I wish we had gotten to have him for another year or two. Even if he'd come here as a freshman who couldn't shoot and didn't know how to sink a free throw, it would have been been great and the anticipation of his redshirt year would have been all the better.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
      Zag for Life
      • Jun 2007

LOLLLLLLL People actually voted have a grad transfer than BC or Rui Back?? I can promise you that we won't be getting a first or second team AA as a grad transfer.. oh ya.. and that was in their junior years. If either came back, they would be seniors and first team AA's. Let's not have short term memory loss and forget how good both were.

I just posted that Ravet won't start.. hell.. if Brandon or Rui came back, throw in Ravet, throw in Foster, Ayayi, whoever.. there would be enough talent to make an Elite 8 or Final Four alone on the surplus of talent. Neither are returning, but if they did and the staff wanted a guard that badly, Foster or Ayayi get the Vilarino treatment

Comment

• gonzagafan62
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2013

I’d take Clarke back in a New York millisecond. The second best player in CBB ??? Hell yea I take him
        Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• zagdontzig
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
          LOLLLLLLL People actually voted have a grad transfer than BC or Rui Back?? I can promise you that we won't be getting a first or second team AA as a grad transfer.. oh ya.. and that was in their junior years. If either came back, they would be seniors and first team AA's. Let's not have short term memory loss and forget how good both were.

I just posted that Ravet won't start.. hell.. if Brandon or Rui came back, throw in Ravet, throw in Foster, Ayayi, whoever.. there would be enough talent to make an Elite 8 or Final Four alone on the surplus of talent. Neither are returning, but if they did and the staff wanted a guard that badly, Foster or Ayayi get the Vilarino treatment
          I can’t speak for the other votes but I voted for the PG because I think the entire team is limited without a reliable floor general, regardless of how much talent is at 2-5.
          Originally posted by Reborn
          Go Zags!!!
          Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• OZZY
            Zag for Life
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
            I can’t speak for the other votes but I voted for the PG because I think the entire team is limited without a reliable floor general, regardless of how much talent is at 2-5.
            +1

Plus if Tillie comes back we already have enough front court talent and depth. We need another experienced guard who can run the point and hit some threes...

Comment

• willandi
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
              I, too, voted PG.

There are 7 to fill 3-5 w/o Brandon or Rui.

Floor time will be Corey, Anton and Martynas at the SF. Timme, Filip, Zakharov, Ballo, Anton (and Tillie) at the 4-5.

I love Clarke, but how do you fit in another big and then who distributes the ball to those bigs.

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

PG to run the team. Assuming a very very good one. A Nigel level guard.

Comment

• DZ
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

If Tillie comes back he may be playing PG considering the number of bigs we have and his ability to shoot.

I kid.

None are coming back.
                  Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

• gueastcoast
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

So hard to vote when the premise seems so unrealistic.

I'd probably take Rui as I suspect next year's team could be starved for inside scoring from the 3/4, at least until Watson finds his sea legs. But who knows? As Dixie said, none are likely coming back.
                    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

• willandi
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by gueastcoast View Post
                      So hard to vote when the premise seems so unrealistic.

I'd probably take Rui as I suspect next year's team could be starved for inside scoring from the 3/4, at least until Watson finds his sea legs. But who knows? As Dixie said, none are likely coming back.
                      I originally posted this in the 'Zags and declaring for the draft' thread because there are those expressing these sentiments.

I believe that if your goal was to reach a job that will pay you a Million plus each year to say, once you have gotten there, "Thanks but I have this minimum wage job I want to complete first" is the true fantasy.

A first round choice, win or lose in the long term NBA game, is set for life, assuming smart choices are made.

Comment

• zagdontzig
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2016

It seems to me that when we're on course for another strong tournament appearance, admittedly losing our core, but also gaining a nationally-ranked recruiting class, and we're this doom-and-gloom about the 2019-2020 season, I hate to see what we're like when we have a few down years.
                        Originally posted by Reborn
                        Go Zags!!!
                        Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Although I expect Rui to leave for the draft, I'd love to see him in Spokane for one more year. The growth in his game over the past 3 years has been stupendous.

He was named Small Forward of the Year, though he never played the 3 last year. How crazy is that? He would tear up college basketball next year playing as a true small forward, as the 4 & 5 will be stacked like we've never experienced at GU.

To those who voted otherwise, I completely understand.

Comment

• North Idaho Zag
                            Bulldog Fan
                            • Nov 2013

Maybe you should add Dom Harris reclassifying to 2019 to the poll. Not saying that is my answer but would be interesting to see how people feel about that option at least compared to the transfer.
                            For me... BC.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                              • Feb 2007

I voted for BC for selfish reasons... he is too much fun to watch play and I would LOVE another year of him blocking anything and everything.
                              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Working...
                              X