X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markburn1
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2015

Without being able to consistently get the ball up the court, effectively execute entry passes, collapse the defense with dribble drives and stretch the defense with the threat of a three....Not even Kareem, Shaq and Anthony Davis will be enough.

And that's only the offensive side of the floor.

Comment

• soccerdud
      Zag for Life
      • Jul 2009

imo, bc had the best individual season of any zag since the run began last season. according to many stats (advanced and otherwise), he was one of the best college basketball players ANYWHERE in that time. i get it-- rui is the sentimental favorite and PG is the highest leverage position, given what the roster looks like right now. but bc would very likely be the best player in college next year, and that's tough to turn down. wonder how many of you woulda drafted bowie over jordan if you thought you needed a C.

Comment

• Grand Valley Zag
        Kennel Club
        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by soccerdud View Post
        wonder how many of you woulda drafted bowie over jordan if you thought you needed a C.
        That's what I thought too. It would be completely insane to take whoever-the-very-best-grad-transfer-pg-is over either one of those guys. Like Bob Knight told Stu Inman, "so, play Jordan at Center!"

Comment

• kitzbuel
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
          LOLLLLLLL People actually voted have a grad transfer than BC or Rui Back?? I can promise you that we won't be getting a first or second team AA as a grad transfer.. oh ya.. and that was in their junior years. If either came back, they would be seniors and first team AA's. Let's not have short term memory loss and forget how good both were.

I just posted that Ravet won't start.. hell.. if Brandon or Rui came back, throw in Ravet, throw in Foster, Ayayi, whoever.. there would be enough talent to make an Elite 8 or Final Four alone on the surplus of talent. Neither are returning, but if they did and the staff wanted a guard that badly, Foster or Ayayi get the Vilarino treatment
          I voted for a grad transfer PG.

I cheated though because I still based my choice on neither Rui or Clarke returning. A PG for next season is a priority.
          'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
          - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• roxdoc
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Love those two but they (and GU) go nowhere without a high-grade floor general

Comment

• GonzaGAW
              Zag for Life
              • Aug 2012

- I think the consensus of voting is where I land
              1. I'd take Clarke.......he is just so damn good and fun to watch play.
              2. but I think he is gone, and what we really need is a top notch point guard. and I disagree with one post, I think if we land that texas a and m guard who was out injured last year, he has potential to get some AA recognition. just saying potentially, if he were to improve upon his numbers from his last full season, which were might damn fine numbers!

Comment

• Reborn
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2007

I would choose Brandon Clarke. He's only been playing as a Zag for one year, and I know that playing one more year would help him a lot with his offense. He's already probably the best defensive player in college basketball but has a long ways to be one of the best offensively. He needs an outside shot, and some outside moves. He improved tremendously from the foul line; so I am thinking he could also improve his ability to shoot and score from the outside. If he could do that, I think he'd be much more valuable to an NBA team.

And like LIZF said, I'm not ready to let him go just yet. Losing Rui and Perk is plenty. Imagine the team we'd have if Brandon and Tillie return. And there would still be a scholarship available for a grad transfer guard.

Go Zags!!!

Go Zags!!!
                Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• roxdoc
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

And how many of our "best recruit class ever" de-commit?

Comment

Working...
                  X