Thread: Jill Barta UpDate

Default Jill Barta UpDate

As many of you know, starting in January, JB decided to play a short season in the Women Adriatic Basketball Association for the Montenegrin professional team Buducnost Bemax.

She has played in eight games so far and here is a link to her stats through 8 games:

JB Stats Link: http://waba-league.com/fiba/player/?...easonId=103789

I will say that the picture on her stats page looks more like KiKi than JB, but maybe its just me.

It looks like JB's team is in 3rd place in league with a record of 10-4, one game behind 1st and 2nd place. They are 5-0 in their last 5 games and 8-2 in their last 10 games.

Here is a link to JB's twitter page that contains a highlight video of her first game for the Buducnost Bemax.

JB Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/Jillbarta_33

When you click on the link to the highlight video, you will see a follower ask why she left school a year early and JB responds.

ZagDad

Thanks for the update, ZagDad. The photo is definitely not Jill, but she is clearly playing over there.

thx for the info.....I've attempted to follow the europe league but its difficult...saw Sunny listed a couple of times.,and Emma S.......

..JB had nothing else to prove but wouldn't it have been fun to play in front of thousands cheering you on instead of a few hundred?.......

young people learn the hard way though....once your college career is over, you can't go home again....its the big difficult world of an adult and a long work life....

JB should have stayed....

Jill is winding down her stay with the Buducnost Bemax ... and it appears she has learned a lot, put herself back into Basketball shape, and has made many new friends. Has some offers, and will decide this summer, whether she keeps playing or may try to start the long process of perhaps 'coaching' (I do not know her, but this is what she has said in interviews. She will be the featured SPEAKER @ the GF Tribune banquet for the AREA AWARDS. I believe she has matured quite nicely... sorry I cannot place the connection here for you ZDAD. There is also another article on how she had to learn a new language, realize how "great we have it here" vs what is real life in most foreign countries!!!! She also comments on the 'fast pace' of the Euro game....and how she liked it ..... Thanks for the post, ZagDad.

Kemo,

Any articles that you have access to, could you post the links on this thread so the rest of the GU family can keep up.

I don't follow overseas BB too much. I tend to follow the former zags who are more active on their social media accounts and will take the time to translate the foreign articles and so forth to keep up with their travels. Shelby Cheslek and Keani Albanez are a couple of former zags who are very active on their social media accounts, so every so often I will check up on them.

Jill, is not very active on her twitter account, so I am not in the habit of routinely checking her social media accounts. I knew she was playing in Montenegro but had not take the time to search through the league to find her. I happened to check her twitter account yesterday and she re-tweeted a tweet from a Montana Sportswriter about her first game overseas. So I followed it to the sportswriters twitter account and then found the league and team twitter accounts.

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    Kemo,

Any articles that you have access to, could you post the links on this thread so the rest of the GU family can keep up.

I don't follow overseas BB too much. I tend to follow the former zags who are more active on their social media accounts and will take the time to translate the foreign articles and so forth to keep up with their travels. Shelby Cheslek and Keani Albanez are a couple of former zags who are very active on their social media accounts, so every so often I will check up on them.

Jill, is not very active on her twitter account, so I am not in the habit of routinely checking her social media accounts. I knew she was playing in Montenegro but had not take the time to search through the league to find her. I happened to check her twitter account yesterday and she re-tweeted a tweet from a Montana Sportswriter about her first game overseas. So I followed it to the sportswriters twitter account and then found the league and team twitter accounts.

ZagDad
    MY PROBLEM, my friend...is I do not know how to navigate the cluster of 'symbols above' etc. There is a great article on her being the Main Speaker for the GREAT FALLS TRIBUNE awards banquet in (May or Jun?) ... unless the site allows you to copy it, I'm at a loss to 'get-er DONE' I'm not a participant on 'social media' but can copy 'tweets'.... everything else, I stay clear of. I still use a flip phone, but my daughters are working at bringing me towards the 21st century! Ha Ha

I will see if I can find a way copy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo 1966 View Post
    I still use a flip phone, but my daughters are working at bringing me towards the 21st century! Ha Ha
    Hold out as long as you can! I'm a techno dinosaur too.

I still refer to actual road maps and I still copy recipes on index cards........lol

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TerpZag View Post
    Thanks, TerpZag