Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: This just in....a new PG/SG recruit??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,958

    Default This just in....a new PG/SG recruit??

    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-dakota-state/


    Looks like this kid is a very good shooter and all around good player...could be the new Jenkins!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-dakota-state/


    Looks like this kid is a very good shooter and all around good player...could be the new Jenkins!
    Another Dakotan? Hopefully more Mooney than Crandall. I think we need a PG with a better CV.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,115

    Default

    Abe, do you visit The Whelping Box very often? Haven't seen u post much over there.

    There has been quite the discussion re: him this past week.

    Just curious and wanna make sure you're not missing out on a great place to hear about recruiting news/updates.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,069

    Default

    Hey you could call him “Jenks” and not get much flak for it lol
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Hey you could call him “Jenks” and not get much flak for it lol
    Or Jinx and have all hell break loose. Hahaha

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Another Dakotan? Hopefully more Mooney than Crandall. I think we need a PG with a better CV.
    Agree 100%. There's a huge leap in competition from Dakota to Zagland. I think we were all mesmerized by the game that Geno had against us the year before, raised expectations too high.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Agree 100%. There's a huge leap in competition from Dakota to Zagland. I think we were all mesmerized by the game that Geno had against us the year before, raised expectations too high.
    Geno was a fine backup PG, IMO, for this year's team.

    Granted, we need more than a 'fine backup PG' going into next year.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    We need a floor general, and someone who can get into the teeth of the defense. I loved Crandalls ability on defense but wish he would've provided just a lil more scoring. I know he wasnt asked to score as much but when Perkins was out the offense sputtered.

    My wish is someone who can distribute, slash and keep defenses honest. He doesnt need to be a SC top 10 every night just run the offense. I have reservations about Norvell as a lead guard which some have mentioned.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    America's Team!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sun Prairie, WI
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Having been to a few SDSU games in the past 2 years, I do love this kid's scoring ability but he's a lot more Zach Norvell than he is Josh Perkins in terms of running a team. We don't need 2 guys on the floor at once who'll chuck it up from anywhere at anytime...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConnZag3 View Post
    Having been to a few SDSU games in the past 2 years, I do love this kid's scoring ability but he's a lot more Zach Norvell than he is Josh Perkins in terms of running a team. We don't need 2 guys on the floor at once who'll chuck it up from anywhere at anytime...
    wouldn't be eligible til 2020-2021 season.

    Norvell likely gone by that time.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    wouldn't be eligible til 2020-2021 season.

    Norvell likely gone by that time.
    Agreed, next year is Zach's last year in Spokane. He needs to work on his ball handling to get to the next level.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    14,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    wouldn't be eligible til 2020-2021 season.

    Norvell likely gone by that time.
    Discussion on that topic here: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...17#post1456517
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Agree with you wholeheartedly. You need a good PG, a floor general who runs the show AND can break down a zone by going inside. Very very important and few can do this but if we get one that does, with our front court personnel present and future we are definitely a contender to go deep into the NCAA's. Our front court will have a whole year experience by this time. Please Santa get us one way before Christmas. LOL

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Abe, do you visit The Whelping Box very often? Haven't seen u post much over there.

    There has been quite the discussion re: him this past week.

    Just curious and wanna make sure you're not missing out on a great place to hear about recruiting news/updates.
    I forgot it was there Gosh...never posed there.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I forgot it was there Gosh...never posed there.
    And you are quite the poseur. Our loss.....Happy Easter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •